Allow smaller increments for departure wait times

I’m not sure how accurate the ETAs for fleets are, I’m assuming they’re fairly accurate within an hour (as that’s the minimum increment allowed for departure delays). It would be nice to allow smaller increments for departure delays, at least allowing for one decimal place. So I could then set a fleet to depart within 1.5 hrs rather than 1 or 2.

This is a critical feature in non-alliance turn-based games where I may want to have an ally move onto my system but in order to avoid fleet losses, I want to ensure that I have the minimum number of ships built before they arrive.

So you want your friendly ally to capture one of your stars without inflicting damage against him ?

There are three ways :

I read the ally’s arriving carrier’s expected ETA.
Then I have my own carrier at my star repeatedly or delayed jumping on my own star “COLLECT ALL” until the final 1 tick before the ally arrives,
and then my carrier moves out to a new star.

Next tick, the ally arrives without combat, because no ships are manufactured until after movement phase.

2 A
I load all ship onto my carrier and depart.
After departure, I abandon my star. Abandoned stars produce no cash, no ships, no RP, and no scans,
and no warp speed.
Later, the ally arrives to claim this unclaimed star.

2 B
I load all ship onto my carrier, and give orders to move, but we are still waiting for the next tick.
I have never tried this trick before, so I am guessing this may work ?
The carrier has not yet departed, but I abandon my star.
( I do not know whether I would lose my carrier, but I could be wrong ? )
My carrier should now be orbiting an unclaimed star, and has orders to move on the next tick.
( It would seem to me that if I forgot to give orders to my carrier, then it would re-claim this unclaimed star ? )
Next tick comes along, and my carrier moves away.
Later, the ally arrives to claim this unclaimed star.

Ask Jay for your feature request.

1 Like

If your ally captures the star, he will gain cash $ 10 for each ECON that is liquidated.

If your ally claims an unclaimed star, the ECON will be intact for him to continue using.

Then I have my own carrier at my star repeatedly or delayed jumping on my own star “COLLECT ALL” until the final 1 tick before the ally arrives,

I’m not entirely sure how to convert ticks to ETA times. I’ve never paid attention to ticks, because I only play turn-based games. Is there a formula or easy way to determine this? I could plan the initial waypoint on the star itself by using an hour prior to the incoming fleet’s ETA. But then what? Do I need to tell it to gather all ships for every tick in betw. that last hour?

I’ve not actually done this before but if an incoming fleet’s ETA is 8 hrs, and I schedule my outgoing fleet to depart in 8 hrs. I’m asking because you said this…

Next tick, the ally arrives without combat, because no ships are manufactured until after movement phase.

… which leads me to assume there might be a movement phase before the combat phase in turns of the outgoing fleet picking up remaining ships and leaving.

Hit “L” shortcut key will show you the Leaderboard. The Leaderboard always shows the current tick of the game.

In Real Time games, a tick is 60 minutes long.

In Turn Based games, a tick is ( not important ) 60 minutes long, but happens in the turn jump ( blink of an eye ) between turn waits.

In Double Speed games, a tick is 30 minutes long. In Quad Speed games, a tick is 15 minutes long.

The important thing is that your own carrier arrives your own star “COLLECT ALL” at the 1 tick before your ally arrives,
and the next order is move out to another star to avoid combat when the ally arrives at the next tick.
So movement wise, your carrier is 1 tick ahead of the arriving ally.

The incoming fleet will arrive your star ETA in 8 ticks,
So you own carrier ( with or without delays ) must arrive your own star ETA 7 ticks Collect All.
The next order is your carrier flying out to another star.
The two carriers will miss each other by 1 tick.

And there lies the problem, because within that hour/tick/whatever, there will be ships manufactured which will defend and reduce the incoming fleet

The FAQ is out of date.

The sequence of event during 1 tick is :

All carriers move. Arrivals at stars are determined.

Combat is resolved. Ownership of stars are determined.

IND manufactures new ships.

All carriers perform drop orders.

All carriers perform collect orders.

SCI produce RP.

At the end of the current Galactic Cycle, collect
$ 10 / ECON
$ 75 bonus per tech Banking
72 bonus RP per tech Experimentation.

Players give new empire orders :
buy new infrastructure
give carrier orders & manual ship transfers
direct research
diplomacy emails.

1 Like

IND manufactures ships after combat.

IND manufactures new ships before the carrier collects all.