Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Think there is a typo in the Forest Dryad card.

I think it should say “flee from the Forest Dryad”.

Neither is really right because the units just move away from her, whether they are in the forest of not has nothing to do with it. I was probably trying to sound cool.

Was the Hound Master driving him towards the town? Was the Hound Master buff going to be on until he reached the town?

A Tangle Vines or Shall not Pass will not prevent an earlier move compulsion from working, so they should not have stopped until the hound master buff ended.

I will test it out in the editor and make sure it’s working the way I think it should.

Yes. I explicitly used the “You Shall Not Pass” to stop the giant horde from hitting the town after I accidently drove them there with the Hound Master. I just figured a Root would naturally override a Forced Movement since they can’t, you know… move.

Probably what should happen is that the most recent move affecting buff should apply, not the oldest?

At one stage in the design doc I had that when there was two conflicting move buffs the zombies were split in half and each half move in their own directions.

Also – on the Hound Master issue – check to see if the same issue applies to Bridge Witch. We had an issue in this game where a Tree Whisperer rooted a Jester King, but he kept moving due to the Bidge Witch’s compulsion.

This game: Blight of the Immortals

This is what I was thinking of when I made my post on the topic in another thread. It doesn’t make sense in the game world for a compulsion to override a forced stop.

There was a change to the elder mages that seems to be a mistake. In a single player game I had 20 mana and 24 mages and cast manatap (5 mana for each mage). I went from 20 mana to 87. I should have gone to 135 and the only thing I can think of is doing the math manatap is only giving 3 mana per mage. If that’s true then the card text should change to 3 mana per mage (right now still says 5)

There was a huge need to nerf Elder Mages; they were just so gosh darn powerful. I wasn’t exactly sure how they might nerf him in the future, but I would say this is a reasonable first pass. I know for a short period of time there was talk of changing his power altogether, something I wouldn’t be opposed to either.

1 Like

Not saying it’s a good or bad nerf, just saying that the text is either wrong or the game is broken and not giving the correct mana.

just like assasins air units on avoid get pulled into combat if it is engaged under them

Last night ran into this bug… I had 4 dragons that were stacked and in flight mode. I had a fifth dragon that I was planning on adding to the stack after he arrived. Unfortunately I did not realize that he was not in flight mode which triggered a combat. This pulled in the other 4 dragons as well and all 5 ended up dieing even though the 4 were supposed to be avoiding combat.

I don’t think blighted dragons explode when you kill them with a dragons breath (assuming they are meant to)
what happened
1)stack of 2 blighted dragons 1 league away from my dragon and undead
2)my dragon used dragons breath
3)I killed 1 dragon
4) the end
what i expected
1)stack of 2 blighted dragons 1 league away from my dragon and undead
2)my dragon used dragons breath
3)I killed 1 dragon
4) boom killing some zombies and 50% chance of my dragon

game = Blight of the Immortals
(kind of amusing as a game to look at anyway)

Yes, Gnostic Mage. Sorry, I didn’t check if browser refresh fixed it, but if I get the chance I’ll try it again and let you know.

I’m occasionally unable to place cards in a town, if there are too many units right near (especially south of) that location. Even if the little placement bullseye is visible, I have to spam clicks all over the place, refresh the whole page, etc. just to find the correct clickable region. Sometimes the placement bullseye gets completely covered by unit portraits, in which case it’s completely impossible to deploy in the town unless you happen to have a Banner unit to deploy on (because then you deploy on the unit portrait rather than the town bullseye).

I don’t have any screenshots or anything handy, but I’ll try to remember to take one the next time it happens. Usually it’s just an annoyance, but it almost cost me a critical town today in Nightmare! (Luckily I found the magic click and got my Tree Whisperer down about three minutes before it would have been too late, don’t worry).

I have encountered this a fair amount as well I was trying to narrow it down before reporting - I think it seems worse when units are coming from the south up north but may be wrong

Got one. Same game, actually. No matter where I click, it won’t recognize the deployment area. (Edit: I ended up having to deploy them elsewhere.)

In case it turns out to be important:

• The Ents are attempting to move to Wizardsdance, but are rooted.
  • The Elves with 600 Strength are moving southeast.
  • The Elves with 240 Strength are stationary.

There’s a typo when graveyards only contain one body (should be “body”, not “bodies”):

I must have changed something and those units are somehow getting in the way, but that’s not really how the code works so I don’t know what is going on.

I will see if I can fix it before I finish today.

Edit: Pushing a fix for this now. Yell at me it the whole game breaks!

when you send resources the check for if you have sent too much only applies when you type the number in, if you press the increase/decrease amount buttons you can sent more than you have (meaning you get a red error) or if you started above how much you have it will refuse, hope thats clear enough, if not I will get round to figuring out how to upload a screenshot

Yesterday a player ally was attacked. His army strength was juuuust enough to overcome an attacking goblin army, showing that he had 7% higher strength.
But, during the hour before the actual battle, reinforcements arrived in the form of a Desert Maiden and 50 orc soldiers.
Upon their arrival, all units in the stronghold lost their +6 fortification bonus, and since not all units were orc it was not made up for by the Desert Maiden’s buff, dropping the combined army strength to just barely under the strength of the goblin army. He lost the battle and lost the city.

What’s going on here? Has anyone else seen this before?