Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Sweet. Cheers.

A couple of further fixes went into the move compulsion yesterday:

• There were issues when the caster or target were followers of another unit
  • There were still some cases where it could go wrong at very close range

Hopefully it is all working now. Let us know if you see any more bugs!

Still seems to be an issue when the target is a follower. In the picture below, the DHK in the north has just cast Call Out the Dead on the selected 89 Zombie Humans, which had been following a Necromancer Lord. They stopped following him correctly, but they still went on to destroy Bloodsstead before turning around and chasing the Knight.

It also seems like there are still some cases where the shortest path from one place to another gets calculated incorrectly. The screengrab below shows the path chosen by the game if I simply right-click Swans Desolate. Obviously it’s faster to take the road for that one league instead. (Fountain of Wisdom)

Thanks @DrBwaa, I will look into it!

@penguiniffic found a fun bug with the goblin bows, or maybe with archers in general?

I’ve put in fixes for the move compulsion and the casting cost for units with low population. The fixes should be out later today. Thanks for reporting them!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix!

When sending a card to another player, the Events log shows it costing 1 Valour instead of 2. I did not check how much Valour I actually paid. This is the game: Blight of the Immortals

Thanks @DrBwaa. It looks like it is just an error in the message. I’ll fix that now.

Just encountered what looks like two bugs, but maybe they’re related.

In this game, I sent a Spider into combat with some Humans that had Orcs following close behind. All three stacks (Spider, Zombie Orcs, Zombie Humans) were involved in the combat.

However, when combat ended, two surprises happened. First, the spider grave was placed one step beyond where combat actually occurred. And second, the Orcs weren’t trapped in the web!!

Wow, thats strange. I’ll make a note and try and have a look some time soon!

There’s a UI bug with combat “naming”. Basically, I think combats are “named after” the settlement that the first mortal unit in combat most recently occupied. This can cause some weird situations when armies are roaming over sparse maps, because the combat log shows “Combat Near X” when the combat actually took place three leagues away, just outside settlement Y. I’d really expect the combat to be named after the closest settlement to the combat location, instead.

For example, in the shot below, the combat is named for Rabbits Moss, even though that’s two leagues away (hidden under the combat details).

Thanks @DrBwaa. That one should be an easy fix. I’ll make a note on the top of the todo list for next time we do a Blight update.

I’ve got another spider bug, maybe the same as the previous one. A Lich King led a group of Immortal Elves into combat at a spider web. The Lich was trapped in the web, but the rest of the Elves kept on moving (they didn’t even receive the compulsion debuff; the icon in the image is from a Bridge Witch).

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like it could be related. Looks like I will have to dig into that code soon. @BlightedPea might have some time to look at it soon too.

I will make sure its on the top of the list.

Jay.

I’ve got a new bug with the Mountain King. When adding him to an army that’s already moving, his buff isn’t applied to the current step. This causes the army’s total travel time to be 18 minutes longer than it should be, shown below.

Repro Steps

• Give a Dwarven army a move order through Mountain terrain.
  • Observe ETA of 12h.
  • Observe Step length of 36m.
  • Add Mountain King as a follower of the army.
  • Observe ETA is now ~6h.
  • Observe Step length is still 36m (should be 18m).
  • 36 minutes later, the army takes its first step.
  • ETA is increased to 5h 42m (from 5h 24m) and Step length now correctly shows 18m.

Expected Results

• Would expect the Mountain King’s buff to apply immediately, probably losing any progress on the current step (e.g. 5m into a 36m step -> Add King -> 0m into a 18m step).

Other Info

• The correct behavior can be coerced by manually giving the army a new move order, then re-issuing the previous command.

This shot shows the discrepancy (though not as clearly as I’d have liked). The army is almost done with its first step, sitting pretty at 0% with 4s to go. You can see from the time estimate that the army has been “moving” for just under 36 minutes, so it should be at nearly 10% with the King in there.

A few seconds later, we’ve taken our first step, the step size is now correct, and we’ve “fixed” the ETA (adding 18m).

hrm, thanks for the heads up. I’ll have a think about what we can do about this one.

I am experiencing too some unexpected behaviour, with dryads. I cast Forest Light, however rather than fleeing the zombies simply halted. This is the second time I hit that stack with Forest Light, the first time they came to an halt in the same way, but a different stack actually fled.

Game: Blight of the Immortals

@cleatoma found a fun bug with Hydras being able to join an undead Lord’s army and then follow it onto land…