Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Other bugs spotted:

1. On a completed game, on the Game Detail screen the high scores button doesn’t work.

2. When I load the completed game, on the second Mission Complete screen, the other players high scores for this scenario doesn’t scroll, so it just shows one entry, and half of another (for 6 player games).

3. The player summary screen doesn’t sum Military Might correctly - says I have 3341 Strength, but when I sum up my armies it comes to 7127.

4. On the player summary screen, what does the Achievements section do? Is it supposed to show the Zombie Slayer and Soul Saviour bits? It doesn’t currently. But it might have another purpose that I have yet to see, so not necessarily a defect.

But overall, still the most impactful defect is the fact the zombies no longer expand in the way they should since the more likely to protect graveyards change that I reported the other day.

Thanks

yet another cosmetic issue (unsure if I should keep making new posts/ new thread/ edit my last post)

if you select a race on the drop down in the ‘your collection’ list the left and right buttons jump to the first entry rather than the next and last as expected

annoying bug has shown in the team vs team we are trying - you are unable in a direct message to click on the map for the position to appear (like [[80]] etc), you have to do that in the main chat and copy over to a direct message

1 Like

Game here: Blight of the Immortals

One of our Elf players is reporting he can’t click on any of his units. He’s waited, logged in a few times, and to no avail.

I think we are going to have to all quit the game and restart (which… ugh… I had the best start as Trolls)

Regarding the new Zombie movement, I think if there is a check by the zombies to see if there is any living player creatures around would help make the game more interesting.

Unprotected graves is what led me to easy victories in the beginning since it was very easy to out maneuver the zombies with a simple weak fast moving card and take out hundreds of bodies so I think the changes are good.

So I think if maybe the zombies did a check to see if there are player cards nearby to see if they should stay on graves a bit longer or not. Maybe it would be some kind of maternal instinct in the zombies to make sure that they continue to grow and overrun that makes them defend a bit more with players around.

I don’t think this should be triggered by NPC Gray cards on towns, and lore wise it could be because those NPC Gray cards are a lot less aggressive than player cards. So Zombies would pick up the aggressiveness in the area around them and it would make them try make sure there is something defending graveyards.

if changes are made in that way another thing to keep in mind is at the moment dragonhelm knights and the like make the graves very vulnerable - at the moment I’m doing great work with a combination of enchantress (cheap card) + a dragonhelm knight, its far better than it was as now it needs more skill and space, but I’m unsure if it should have a more dramatic change (like perpetual guards on graves)

I’m doing the same and I think it’s just a nice strategy bonus to the cards abilities. Right now there is a 1.2k STR Giant protecting some graves so I’m strategizing with another player to taunt the Giants away from the graves so that the other player can burn the bodies. I like the idea of using the cards abilities to deal nice damage to zombie graves but that being said, perpetual guards on graves would be a nice bonus difficulty mechanic for Nightmare maps I think.

There’s a line between a game mechanic and an exploit/bug - I honestly don’t know which to argue this is.

Its far better than the zombies spawn 12 hours after the city is taken, wait 4 hours after that then nothing will be in there that was the state a few weeks back

Can you find out what browser is he is on?

Chrome. But it wasnt working when he shifted to his Android either.

I had a most weird issue I should of investigated more - i’m trying to show it to my dad blight, we are on the same wifi network and thus wonder if its a outcome of caching somewhere or ip address being reconised, I was shoulder surfing so not too sure the order of event but it was along the lines of

1. on a device which I haven’t logged on on dad goes to blight.ironhelemt.com (side note error code on bottom of page)
    2)point him to create a new account
    3)I get him to hit the tutorial button
    (important bit)---->4)it shows my high scores & looks like my account
  2. I log him out - it saying its logged into my account
  3. he gets round to looking at the introductory email
    7)he messes up logging in in his own account
    8)password reset
    9)logs in normally

I didn’t think at the time to check if he could use my account & I know I haven’t logged on on that device

Thanks for all these little bugs Starry. I will do some more work to fresh the data more often, but a tip for in the meantime, if you click the Age timer in the top of the screen you will get fresh data from the server. You should not need to refresh the whole browser.

my f5 key is already thanking you

When Trogs eat Goblins – is it intentional they dont generate Valour? I just ate 300 and got the power boost but was surprised it generated no Valour.

I was going to ask the same, also does it count towards kills for the player?

Once today while I was playing single-player Keepers of the Marsh, a situation came up wherein I had a standard Troll unit with zero members. You’d see the unit there, but if you clicked on it, it had a zero population.

Later in the same game I had another thing where a troll village had a pop of 25, but when I went to recruit, it was going to let me train a new army of 0 trolls out of 25.

It’s possible that this was caused by my internet connection dropping and the objects not refreshing for a period of time, but I thought I’d let you know.

on my first use of houndmasters against zombies guarding a graveyard they did nothing, the zombies had the effect on them but they didn’t move, will be trying houndmasters more in the future, will see and report back if i can reproduce

cosmetic bug again
if you leave the window open on a unit in combat you have to reload the data to see the result

I had the same experience with HoundMasters a few weeks ago. Have avoided using them since then.

Military Might and Military Population don’t seem to be working as expected (at least, not as I would expect). In this game, all my combined armies fit on one screen (humans in the bottom), so I tallied them up and got some surprising results.

• Military Might: Interface claims 2566 strength; I count 8458. If I discard all bonuses on all units (including combat experience and so on), it still adds up to 5670. No idea where the interface strength calculation is coming from.
  • Military Population: Interface says 77 souls; I see 315.
  • Civilian Population seems accurate, though.