Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Three more; definitely in the vicinity of feature requests rather than bugs:

1. Could we get an entry in the Event Log when passive abilities trigger? Things like Bounty Hunter’s ability, where it would be really nice to see how much gold we got from a battle instead of just seeing that combat is done and thinking “well I guess I have more money now; cool?”
  2. It would be so nice if values based on player-specific values (like the damage for High Elf, Blind Justice, and Little Wizard) would tell at least their owners what they were instead of leaving the player to figure it out. Especially in the case of the LW, where if he has any notable power it’s almost impossible to calculate because you have to count how many cards you’re holding by eye…
  3. …Which is really hard to do in the current interface. Any chance we can get better behavior when holding more than like 7-8 cards? It’s really hard to tell what you’ve got when you can only see a tiny sliver of each card (if even).

This one’s actually a bug: Wolfpup Handler seems to be granting its buff to itself (which it shouldn’t), but not to actual Wolves in its army. From this game:

Capricious child!

1 Like

It doesn’t look like the Wolfrider has the Wolf trait? You might have deployed that Wolfrider before the change came through and the Wolfpup Handler afterwards?

Oh that’s very possible. My earlier WH in this game doesn’t have the trait, and this is an older Wolfrider group. I’ve got a new set of Wolves that will be joining up soon; I’ll let you know if they behave as expected.

If I merge the older unit with a newer one, what will happen to the traits? Any idea?

Merging just means the

unit_a.population += unit_b.population
unit_b.population = 0

then unit_b is cleaned up as if it was dead.

Thanks for all the suggestions and bugs. I’ll try and make some notes about them in the todo lits now.

1. and 3. are already on the to-do list. 2. would be nice too :slight_smile:

Very good to know. Thanks! (both of you)

The new Little Wizard is displaying what I hope is an incorrect range of zero leagues:

1 Like

So this would be an old little wizard with new text. He will still have the old power, sorry!

What about “old” ones in my hand? How will they work?

Okay – I got one.

Bridge witch’s strange siren says “Move Towards Caster,” right?

Well, I just cast Strange Siren and then linked the Bridge Witch to a Tangle Mage and teleported to a pool across the map (thanks to @Levistus666 for the idea) – but the zombies are still moving towards the place where the Sirens Call was initiated.

So, how often do the zombies check to see where the Bridge Witch is… or is the summoning simply based on where the Bridge Witch cast the siren.

Because, if those zombies dont change their direction soon, I think I just screwed myself bad.

I’m pretty sure they’ll change at the next waypoint.

1 Like

We’re gonna find out! :slight_smile:

If the card was created (drawn into your hand) before the update, then it will be the old version. The only way to tell will be if it says “0” leagues I think.

Yes, the zombie will only change direction when a power is cast on them, or when they hit a waypoint and re-evaluate where to go.

2 Likes

Call out the Dead seems broken somehow. Tried it on a group of dwarves paired with a Lord of Destruction and they split up but then followed him, away from the knight. Then Tried it on a group of dwarves sitting in a city and they just stayed and didn’t move.

I’ll have a look at it today. Thanks for the heads up.

As I mentioned in a PM, there seemed to be something wonky with Strange Siren and it’s effects on immortals that are rooted, but have not decided on a direction yet.

In our game, 3 Blighted Dragons attacked a spider nest, won and were rooted. I used a Bridge Witch to dictate where they would go once they unrooted. I checked multiple ties to verify there was no indication the Dragons had decided what direction to go and that they were under the effects of the Siren. Then, when the unrolled they went the opposite direction of the Bridge Witch.