Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Thanks for the heads up. I’m might have another pass on the tutorial next week. I want to add some heroes to the first tutorial and see if we can’t make it more dramatic.

Discovered a rather curious bug in our current game of Watering Hole.
We had the usual case where a human Necromancer spawned and took one of the giants lairs. However, suddenly a large group of humans appeared seemingly out of nowwhere inside the necromancers army.

Furthermore, this group is too large to be raised conventionally this early in the game (~500 immortals on normal 1.5 days in), and it doesn’t seem to be coming from an existing settlement, as they still have all their bodies.

And to cap it all off, the stack received the Dread Knight buff for some reason. We did have an active dread knight (and the timers seem to sync up), but it’s running around on the other half of the map. No other unit outside the DK’s range seems to have this buff either.

On a side-note, how do you make those screenshots? Do you just take a normal screenshot and crop out the rest of it?

Extra note: From looking at the timers, this horde seems to have spawned while the Necromancers army was already underway, not when it blighted the giants.
It also seems to have received the DK buff from it’s second-last round, as it only has 7 hours left (and the buff lasts 24 hours, with 12 hour refresh).

1 Like

Uh… wow. lol.

And yes, I just take regular screenshots and crop them.

When does Defensive Manoeuvers (The Twins’ ability) actually happen? I can’t seem to figure it out.

In the screenshot below, I’ve got two sets of Twins guarding a Dwarven Fortress. The Event Log shows their abilities both going off right when combat preparation began, but no zombies died and I gained no Valour.

Considering it was two 300-Strength attacks against unbuffed Zombie Humans, it seems highly unlikely that they used their attacks but just didn’t kill anything.

It’s not like it’s critical to my survival or anything, but I don’t want to lose more units than necessary. Can someone explain how this is supposed to work? I thought (and the Event Log seems to think) that the Twins fire whenever combat begins. If they fire during combat resolution instead, do they even affect the casualty rate at all?

If they don’t, I’ve been doing this week’s Tournament map all wrong…

Brutal Heartland doesn’t seem to have a Standard Deck.

The Jester King’s Dance seems to have screwed up a small stack of Goblins somehow in this game.

That northern Jester King just used his ability, and the highlighted Undead Goblin stack stopped moving and I can’t look at its details. Double-clicking it, or clicking on the unit selector, just causes the details window to vanish.

Obviously it’s not a real issue in this game, but it does seem to point to something buggy in the Jester King’s ability.

Feature, not a bug. I sometimes feel like nightmare should have no standard decks, so that people can really customize the deck to exactly how they’ll perceive the horrible situation they are in.

Oh I absolutely think there should be an option not to bring any of the default cards. That’s a topic for another time, though: Brutal Heartland currently has no default deck for any difficulty level, not just Nightmare.

I see he started moving again.

If it happens again, can you have a look in the javaScript console and see what the error is?

Did you know if you use the URL with u in it you get uncompressed scripts

I knew about the uncompressed script route, but I don’t typically check for anything JS errors because uBlock is always spamming my console with ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT messages, haha.

I’ll make sure to take a look if I catch it again.

Thats the facebook and google tracking we are using at the moment while we trying to advertise the game a little. I’m going to pull it out when we are done.

Mobile Bugs

I’ve only seen these in Chrome on Android. No idea if they’re reproducible. First, potentially relevant device specs:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S6
OS: Android 6.0.1 (all bugs also seen on prior versions)
Chrome Version: 50.0.22661.89 (and various prior versions)
Carrier: Verizon
Rooted: No

Most Visuals Missing

Intermittently, all visuals except for the UI overlay fail to render. This usually happens if Chrome has been inactive for short time, but not long enough to trigger the force-refresh. I haven’t found a reliable process to trigger this behavior.

This appears to be a visual bug only. It is still possible, though no map or unit elements are displayed, to select them and move them around if you know where they are. The UI overlays still appear if you happen to touch a unit, for instance.

Refreshing the page (not just the game data) fixes this bug. There is also one other, more interesting way to fix it, which only works if the browser navigation bar is hidden. When this bug happens while the navbar is hidden, pulling down near the edge of the screen (to unhide the browser navbar) suddenly causes everything to render again.

Follower Selection

In the Unit Details overlay, selecting a follower almost always takes several tries. The button registers that it has been pressed (it gets its :active coloring), but otherwise nothing actually happens. I haven’t found any obvious correlations with tap length or anything else; eventually it just decides to work.

Those are the two I encounter the most often; I feel like there’s another one that I’m forgetting so when I remember it I’ll let you know.

I have a bug logged that something similar is happening in the Edge browser, only its selecting the completely wrong unit.

I’ll look at this as soon as I finish the new feature I’m adding today where you get a card draw for every single player mission completed.

Gnostic Gnome can target himself allowing you to spend 4 mana. It doesn’t refresh his own cooldown though.

Incidently this allowed me to discover that you can still activate abilities after a game has ended at least on Chrome mobile.

I do this all the time, just for funsies. Usually I spam all my big wrath abilities (Storm Friar, etc) in celebration. heh.

2 Likes

Not a major bug, more an annoyance, but when you try to gather units preparing for combat, you get a message indicating that they’re not allowed to do that and then are forced to reload the browser. The game caught the rule violation, why the browser reload?

-Sparkster

Thanks for the heads up Sparkster, sounds like there is some problem there,

So you celebrate the end of the apocalypse by starting your own?
Classy. :imp:

Not sure if this has been report, but I couldn’t find anything when I did a search. We wrapped up a multiplayer game and did not receive our hero coins. I checked with several other players in our multiplayer game and they did not get their hero coins either.

Thanks

Hi @Rothan, could you post the game number? Was it a game that had ended a week or two ago and was restarted?