Blight Beta: Known Issues and Bugs

Oh right, I will have a look at that too. Thanks Dex

11 days ago I played a private 2-player game and noticed a few bugs with advancing time. I can’t tell if any of these have already been identified and fixed in the interim (a lot of enhancements have gone in since then).

There were a few times I cast “Entangle” on an enemy it had just expired on and then jumped ahead 6 horurs. Some times the entangle still took effect, sometimes it didn’t (but I still lost the ability to recast it). This was before the “recasting” change I just commented on though, so that might have corrected it.

Another time I managed to merge two armies that were in battle (they were the only two armies in the town) with some zombies and then jump forward six hours. No casualties were suffered on either side and the zombies ended up halfway down the road on the other side of the town, now behind my front line. I managed to run them down to kill them, but when I jumped time over what should have been the battle, they disappeared, with no entry in the combat log and no casualties suffered by my army again; like they were a phantom army.

Lastly, I had a large army engage a small number of zombies at a blighted town with dead bodies in it. While the countdown to battle was going, I had some archers kill the entire unliving zombie army. I jumped ahead 6 hours but the town still had the dead bodies there, there was no entry in the combat log for any battle during the 6 hours and now they were in a countdown to a new battle with a new zombie army that spawned there (I’m assuming they spawned near the end of the 6 hour jump for them to still be in the battle countdown, but I don’t remember how long was left on the timer). This time I was afraid to kill them with archers so I just jumped ahead and let the battle happen as it should and the bodies were successfully cleared this time.

Lastly, in a normal multiplayer game (no time jumping), I had a mage refresh another unit’s ability right after that other unit’s ability was used (within probably 5 seconds of using the ability). The other unit did not get his ability back but the mage still had his refresh ability on cooldown. Now I wait a few minutes between using an ability and having a mage refresh it.

Hey Thanks again. I just fixed the Call out the Dead issue.

I’ll have a look at this new ones!

Lots of place names include “unknown”.

Just had a bug where the player info was either wrong or listed as “NaN”.

Wing Warriors card is missing its text.

Thanks @KeyserSoze I will try and get to those this week!

1 Like

I just noticed that we’re able to do trades using negative values (effectively stealing resources from another player). In addition, you can have them end the transaction with a negative amount of resources.

To reproduce:
Menu->Players
Select a player to trade with
Enter a negative value in the “trade” text box
Hit send

Thanks @eljefedenadie. Will see if I can fix today. Should be easy fix.

I had a Nightmare Lord spawn today and send all of my nearby troops fleeing, except one. I had a Tree Friend that was already moving away when the spell triggered and he stopped moving instead of continuing to move away. The Nightmare Lord started heading his direction and nearly overtook him (killing him) before the spell ended. When the spell did end, the Tree Friend immediately started moving along the path I had originally order him on (away from the Nightmare Lord anyway). Oddly though, it took him over 6 hours to go that half a league across the plains (just outside a forest, so that may have impacted him some at the beginning). He is only now reaching the road he should have reached hours ago and the Nightmare Lord did overtake him during this process (which the travel timer said shouldn’t have happened). He seems to have survived anyway (with no battle log).

very weird, thanks for the bug report. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

Oh. So last night when I said my Tree Friend was at the road now, it turns out he wasn’t. He was still an hour and ten minutes away. The problem is that he appears to be on the vertex already, yet it still said he had an hour to go. After trying to change his movement to a different direction and all of them saying it needed to go through the vertex first, at a little over an hour, I cancelled his movement last night. This morning when I check the Tree Friend, he still has the same problem (all movement, any direction, must first go to the vertex he appears to be on already), but now it says it will take over two hours to get there. This is the same Tree Friend that got screwed up by the Nightmare Lord, so it may be related to how he was released from that spell. I get the feeling this unit is now stuck for me and I won’t be able to use him the rest of the game.

As I let that go, every time I checked on the unit that ETA was higher than the last time. The last number I saw was over 4 hours for that unit to move onto that vertex. However, when I checked back in later, after what was around two and a half hours after I posted that screenshot, the unit was stopped on the vertex, no longer moving. I issued a move command down the road and when I checked in just now, he had moved an appropriate distance down the road. There are some quirks there, but it appears they did resolve themselves in (excessive) time.

Thanks for reporting back in @Dex

Were you doing full browser refreshes when things were screwed up?. It will help me work out if the bug is just in the browser, or on the server as well.

I was not manually refreshing the browser. I would leave for a bit and come back to the black “Click to refresh” screen. I would click it and see the new, increased time and then walk away for a bit. I repeated that until I was away long enough that when I came back and clicked the black screen the unit was now on the vertex.

This is a small thing, but the player screen production values are still showing “NaN”.

Think there’s a small typo in one of the cards.

Says “Rage 3” instead of “Range 3”

Thanks Guys, I will fix these both right now.

Thanks again for the fixes. I have been using that summary display a lot.

I spend most of the day today looking for this bug. I have seen in twice myself since you reported it and I don’t think it has much to do with the Nightmare Lord.

What is happening is that the unit is moving to and from the same point in the map. The code sort of deals with it, but I couldn’t find how the bad orders were given to the units.

I have added some extra logging around the issue, so with luck I’ll be able to track it down soon.

When a hero armies up with some zombies, or maybe when zombies army up when ever, I can’t seem to interact with the different groups in the army so I can’t really see what buffs/skills separate units in the army have.

Can be seen below.

I click the Lich King + Eleves

Then I’m greeted with the Lich Kings information.

But I can’t see the Eleves information.

What’s Expected: Maybe a drop down box so you can target the different units in the army to see their individual stats + skills.

This appears to happen for allied players as well.

Ah, yes, sorry. The other armies panel should be visible. I will fix that tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jay.