Blight: Lore & Fiction

I’ll throw in for the corrupted and righteous ideas!

Goblin Bows
Righteous: Goblin Wardens
"It’s true, I still wouldn’t ever trust a Goblin to hold a bag of gold for me-it’s in their nature to covet. But, I trust these Goblins with a blade and bow-I trust them to watch my back. I’m surprised to say they haven’t let me down. Yet."

~Ignies Wideleaf, Elven Ranger, Widely Held Opinions on Goblins (volume 7)

Goblins are often widely declaimed in Alundria as smelly, sneaky and greedy beings-the War against the Blight, however, had brought out the very best in even these lowliest of races. The first Goblin Wardens arose alongside Elves, learning their tricks to woodcraft and archery. Combined with their penchant for clever tricks and traps, Goblin Wardens became an integral part of clearing the great forests and swamps of the Blight, alongside their Elven allies-often helping set up devastating ambushes,

Ability:
(Wild Warding)
Goblin Wardens can spend X amount of time and/or mana and/or unit strength, to set up an array of traps and ambushes that will weaken and kill an incoming immortal stack by X, in any swamp or forest tile. This attack debuff lasts until the Immortals travel a full league. Orcs, Humans and Dwarves can pass through these traps without damage, but it slows their movement-Elves, Goblins and Trolls can pass without penalty, however.
(Pointy Eared Friends)
Goblin Wardens give allied Elves in the same army a strength bonus of X, where X is the population of Wardens.

Corrupted: Shackled Archers
"…We thought they were here to help us. Everyone was saying that we’ve all had better got to pull together-Elves, Men, Dwarves, even Goblins…we thought they were going to protect us. Instead, they tore us from our homes, put chains on our legs, and said ‘We’re all soldiers now’. They gave me a bow, and said I’d better learn to shoot straight and fast, since we were fighting the next morning. If I wanted to or not. Most of my friends and family died screaming, chained to the ground.

I’m free now, at the point of my own blade, and the blood of those who took me. I keep these shackles on my wrists to remind me of the real monsters. The Immortals never had a choice in what they did to us.

You did.

You let this happen. You looked the other way. Now we’re all monsters, aren’t we?

~Septim Grothat, Bandit ‘Lord’, denying the entry of the Kings Armies

If the War could be said to bring out the best in every people, it also brought out the worst-some Goblins took advantage of the conflict to pillage and raid, all in the name of ‘tactical necessity’, reducing the amount of corpses for the Immortals to inhabit. The worst example was the Shackled Archers. These Goblins would ‘recruit’ from passing towns to bolster their numbers-shackling many species together, arming them with shoddy bows and daggers, ordering them to hold or die.

While brutally effective in providing warm bodies to fill their ranks, they would often be left to die if their unit was overrun-cruelly, the heavy shackles were effective at both preventing them from running, and keeping them pinned in place if they should rise in undeath. Naturally, there were many instances where the slaves broke their shackles, slaughtered the slavers, and ran off-these desperate, broken, and now violent men and women becoming as much a plague to the land as the Immortals had been.

Ability:
(Recruitment Drive)
Shackled Archers can grow in strength and number, by pillaging the population of towns.
(Heavy Shackles)
Shackled Archers who turn into Immortals are pinned for X amount of hours, unable to move.

Drawback:
(Revolt)
Shackled Archer units have a chance to revolt every turn, increasing the lower the amount of overall unit strength is in their army (That is, the amount of non-shackled units). If a shackled archer unit is killed, it has a chance to trigger a revolt as well. Revolted units turn into hostile living foes that rampage toward the nearest city and attack it, turning it into an obstacle if successful-they will attack any units that try to pass by, living or dead.

2 Likes

I like the Shackled archers idea here, this is exactly what Jay had in mind for corrupted cards.
Also kudos on the idea of how losing cards to the zombies affects the dynamic of the numbers of the Horde.
Like it Dwarmin! Please keep 'em coming!

Mountain King

Righteous: The Council of Three.
Artwork; A Mountain King, A Gnomish Major (Like the Gnome except with a sash, either gender) and a Dark Dwarf leader standing together, shoulder to shoulder, weapons raised.
Effect: “Dwarven Unity.” The Dwarven Tunnels bonus, Forest Warriors and Dwarf Slayer perks are granted.
Lore: When the Second Blight began, it was obvious for all dwarves unless they stood united they would die separately. To unite their three separate people, the Mountain Kings, Gnomish mayors and Dark dwarven Emperor have formed a coalition to lead their people through the Blight of the Immortals.

Corrupted: Dark Iron Empress.
Artwork; A female albino dwarf in regal attire, covered in tattoos sitting on a throne of skulls with a shady looking advisor to her side.
Effect; Dwarven tunnels bonus plus Dwarven order.
Lore; When the Mountain Kings fell, the dwarven people looked for a leader as the dead clawed at their walls. They were saved by the arrival of the Dark Dwarven Empress who liberated the besieged thaigs…only to then occupy them. Treating the dwarves and gnomes as second class citizens, the Empress has begun to shape the mountain kingdoms to her vision.

Cyclops Priestess.

Righteous: Mother Mercy.
Artwork; Similar to before except her attire is more black, think puritan, with a white X motif.
Effect: The “Blessing” ability becomes a permanent ability to units and settlements, the latter causing 1/4th of the populace to be sacrificed.
Lore; As the Blight began to appear across all of Alundria, fingers were quickly being pointed at everyone who looked strange and not even the ideals of the Grand Alliance could stop the dissent into chaos. The Mothers of Mercy, from a stricter cult of the Holy Church supporting the Children of Light, appeared and instilled order by forcefully blessing the populace or putting them on the pyre.

Corrupted; Cyclops Witch.
Artwork: A more feral looking priestess, think Blair Witch.
Effect; Next to “Blessing”, “Human Fellowship” is added.
Lore: The balance between the Holy church and straight out shamanism is a delicate one and there were many discussions even before the canonization of the Holy Chronicles. Those who stuck more to the pagan ways left the Holy church and became apostates, witches who lived on the edges of woods and villages. Now at the time of the Blight as the Church is in chaos, the Witches have returned to public sphere to claim hapless refugees who believed the Church had abandoned them.

1 Like

the amount of irony in you digging it when we are talking about dwarf cards is defiantly high enough to ether make one groan or grin, to which i grinned (terrible puns for life!) XD

How do you mean?
Also i should do some orc cards, shouldn’t I? Hmmm…

orc’s look like they could have some interesting ideas maybe a canibal for an corrupted butcher where it kills a unit for a greater army buff every 12 hours or a bipolar tavern keeper that swaps between a buff to your army and a reduction to them every 6 hours?
also what part don’t you get? or is it just sarcasm lost to the text of the internet?

The amount of irony I was digging about the dwarf cards. I got confused there. For reasons o.o

Also orc ideas!

Slavedriver

Righteous: The Messiah
Artwork; Similar to before except we have a orc in a robe holding up a staff as orcs, goblins and trolls march out with freed chains.
Effect: “Free the slaves”. A significant portion of the populace of a orc/troll/goblin settlement joins the Messiah and its number is added to the Messiah card
Lore; Slavery is a part of orc culture almost since the dawn of their culture. Slaves build the roads, settlements and serve as sacrifices to the life giving sun. Slavedrivers run these slaves ragged for the glory of the Orcish Hordes. But sometimes one a orc comes from the desert and with his fiery speeches frees the slaves and joins him into a massive exodus to freedom and a bright new future.

Corrupted: The Slave trade prince.
Artwork; The Slavedriver from before is now seated in a throne with two troll bodyguards to his side and a goblin or female orc feeding him grapes.
Effect: “Take the slaves”. A significant portion of the populace of a orc/troll/goblin settlement joins the Slave trade prince and its number is added to the card
Lore; Slavery is a part of orc culture almost since the dawn of their culture. Slaves build the roads, settlements and serve as sacrifices to the life giving sun. Slavedrivers run these slaves ragged for the glory of the Orcish Hordes. But sometimes one Slavedriver sees a opportunity and makes a profit out of selling or trading slaves. Now he rules a financial empire an is on par with even a Warchief.

Shaman Priestess

Righteous: Sun Priestess.
Art; The shaman priestess holding out her arms in the air as a being of pure fire is stood behind her, roaring at a unseen foe to protect his mistress.
Effect: “The Gift of the Sun”. When burning a graveyard, add the number of dead citizens to the card’s ATK.
Lore: Only few Shaman Priestesses become Sun Priestesses. In a secret ritual, which some Shamans do not survive, they learn how to commune with the sun properly and ask for it’s favour. By sending souls to the sun by burning them, the sun priestess can ask the sun to summon a fire spirit to join her and turn her enemies to ash.

Corrupted: The Moon Witch.
Art; A dark, feral looking shaman priestess surrounded by orcish souls, cackling.
Effect: “The Gift of the Moon” effect allows the card to add the number of dead citizens from a graveyard to it’s ATK score.
Lore; Where in Orcish culture the sun means life, the moon means death. The moon is the shadow of the sun, taking it’s warmth for itself and not sharing it with the world. Those who forsake the path of the sun can learn from the moon to take the souls meant for the sun and force them to become their slaves.

Cowardly Noble

Righteous: The Courageous Noble.
Artwork; The noble addressing a group of people.
Effect: “Wealth of valour” remains as well as “Rallying cry” which allows the Noble to claim settlements for half the cost (Still a minimum for 1 valour).
Lore; “I am no fighter, but I have inherited the gift of words. I can get those villages to your side, people of higher education and proper birth are needed to keep the peasants motivated.” Lord Harold Barnsworth during the Iron Crown Campaign, Second Blight.

Corrupted; The Rogue Noble.
Artwork: The noble sitting down behind a desk, having a girl on his lap as a guard is on his side. He is smiling darkly as gold falls from his open hand on his desk.
Effect; “Wealth of valour” has increased a lot but nearby settlements lose some citizens and each time the effect is used, his ATK score goes up.
Lore: “Queen Morgana is a fool, the East is lost. Even with the Immortals gone, it will take centuries before order is restored. If we are to survive the chaos, we need to take what we want with strength and coin. The divine right of kings is all lies. And I will prove it.” Baron Derek De Schacht, rival claimant to the Alestrian throne.

2 Likes

I see the stories have turned into dark and light versions. Alright, I’ll hop on that boat. I don’t have a light version card of the knights because it simply didn’t speak to me, but here’s the corrupted version.

The black-clad knights

S ‘Hurry up men, the immortals will be here before the end of the hour!’

The town sheriff shouted as he marched out of the town hall and looked at the lacking progress on the make-shift walls the militia were working on. The wall around their village was meant against wolves and maybe a bear, so he doubted that it would do much good against the immortals nearing in on them with an alarming rate. They were so close, he could already smell the foul stench of decay in the wind.

S ‘Soldiers, get off that wall and put your uniforms on! You need to be rested and ready when those damned undead hit us! Leave the constructions to the people that won’t fight!’

The sheriff sighed as if to resign to his fate. The walls looked terrible. They looked like a child had been tossing branches and pebbles onto a sandcastle to make it look better. Frankly, it was amazing that some parts hadn’t collapsed upon themselves due to the flimsy construction.

S ‘Look at it from the bright sight, maybe it will trap some immortal underneath it when it does collapse.’

The sheriff muttered to himself as he turned to the first squadron. He didn’t like the look in their eyes. The men looked just as scared as everyone else, just as scared as him. They reminded him that he was just as terrified as everyone else.

He was supposed to protect these people. As the sheriff, he was pretty much the only man in the village with actual fighting experience. He was the only one who knew how to handle a sword. And yet he was just as scared as these people. Their ‘soldiers’.

These people were no soldiers. They were militia, outfitted in the sturdy uniforms of their kingdom’s military and carrying high-quality weapons, but they were militia nonetheless. Hunters, lumberjacks, the local butcherer. He had to pick anyone who had the experience or physique to fight, and he had to pick from a very limited selection. They were better than farmers with pitchforks, but not by a lot.

And they only had six hours worth of training, training he had to give them. He, who could barely be called a soldier himself, had to condense years of experience into six hours. He wasn’t ready for this, and these people were neither.

But they would have to do. They would have to fight. They would have to protect their families. They would…

The sheriff’s thoughts were interrupted by a sudden uproar of hooves and clattering armor. He looked to the source of the noise and saw terrifying dark figures charge their way. The civilians in their way could only barely jump out of the way as they ran straight for him, avoiding the deadly stampede with nothing but a hair-length.

The sheriff drew his sword, an icy chill running over his spine as his mind was thrown into chaos when he tried to reconcile the scene before him. Were these undead horsemen? Some kind of immortal lord? An illusion?

So when the soldiers called their horses to a stop and the man in the front asked him a question, the sheriff didn’t move. He was frozen in place.

K ‘I said, are you the leader of this place?’

S ‘Wh-What?’

The sheriff looked up at the black-clad man. Sitting on a well-bred black horse, wearing completely black armor and his head adorned with a helmet in the shape of a demon’s head, the human voice sounded unnatural from this apparition.

The demon sighed and took of his helmet. While still looking like an imposing man, the cavalry lieutenant seemed more human with his face revealed and the sheriff managed to get more than a stutter over his lips.

S ‘Y-Yes, I am. I’m…’

K ‘Good, I was told that you are currently training more soldiers, correct? Will these be ready before the immortals get here?’

S ‘I, uhm… Yes, yes they will.’

K ‘Good. Men, we’ll be resting here until further notice. You, sheriff, are there any provisions you can spare for us?’

Not waiting for the sheriff to reply, the knight got off his horse and handed the reins to one of his soldiers. The sheriff unconsciously backed off a bit when the soldier got near, even though the skull-shaped helmet was less imposing than the demon-shaped one, these people were still terrifying.

K ‘And tell those people to stop messing with that wall. They are going to bring it down and give the immortals a breaching point before those damned corpses even get here! Tell them to fortify the town hall instead, I don’t want to worry about protecting the civilians here any more than I have to.’

The villagers, who stopped working the moment these knights appeared, quickly climbed off the wall before infuriating this man any further. Gathering up all of his courage, the sheriff approached the knight.

S ‘What do you mean, fortify the town hall. If we do that, the people will be stuck in a dead-trap.’

K ‘See this village, Sheriff? See those walls? That’s the dead-trap. This village is the dead-trap and we’re all stuck in it already. Just nail shut any windows and blockade the doors, at least we don’t have to worry about every single immortal getting anywhere near the village center. And if they manage to kill us soldiers out here, well, then it doesn’t matter if the people are trapped in there or not, they’ll be dead either way.’

S ‘Ah, I see. Well, then I…’

K ‘So, when will these new recruits be ready exactly?’

The knight interrupted him blatantly. Without really paying attention to the sheriff, he ordered some of his men when they rolled a barrel of the village’s mead towards their comrades. The other knights cheered when they opened it up and passed their cups around.

In the half hour after that, the Sheriff couldn’t get another word in. The lieutenant seemed to ignore any attempt to start a conversation and ordered the villagers around on how to fortify their village hall. Only when the sheriff got word that the new recruits were ready, did he acknowledge the man’s existence.

K ‘Ah, about time. Here, an order from your king.’

The lieutenant took a fancy-looking letter with the royal crest out of his sash and handed it to the sheriff. Opening it up, the sheriff saw some strange symbols.

S ‘I, uhm…’

K ‘Can’t read calligraphy? Why aren’t I surprised? It says you’re called upon to march towards the city of Huntersvail. Take all the men you’ve trained and outfitted and leave immediately.’

S ‘Leave? But…’

K ‘Don’t worry, we’re ordered to protect your village for now. Our unit will suffice to take out these immortals on our own. In fact, we tend to work better when we don’t have to worry about you militia smucks getting in our way and turning into immortals yourselves.’

K ‘Concerning the recent developments, the king prefers these kind of strategies. If we just throw sufficient numbers at them, just enough to win with many casualties, we’ll run out of able hands before the undead do. This way, you guys will actually get some proper training from experienced soldiers instead of half your unit getting wiped out in your first battle.’

S ‘But our families! We have to protect our families!’

K ‘And we will. Don’t worry, are these the faces of men who’re about to die?’

The dark knight gestures at his men, who’re gathering around the half-emptied barrel, gambling and telling dirty jokes. He hated to admit it, but the sheriff couldn’t find a single scared face among these people. And they weren’t drunk enough yet for it to be drowned out.

S ‘Sigh Very well. Just promise me you’ll keep my family safe.’

K ‘I promise. Now make haste, every moment you linger might be the one that the undead need to overrun Huntersvail.’

The sheriff called the rest of his unit and left the village behind him not long after. The last few unarmed villagers took their families and belongings into the village hall and two of the black-clad knights began to barricade the door from the outside.

Soldier I ‘What was that all about, Lieutenant? Did you really promise that man we were going to protect these people?’

K ‘Experience taught me that things tend to be a lot easier when you say those two simple words. Besides, a broken vow is far from the worst thing we did.’

Soldier I ‘So, shall we ignite the tar?’

K ‘No, the undead won’t get here for another twenty minutes. Wait ten minutes to put some distance between us and those rookies, and then we light it up. Right now, they could still hear the screams of their burning families trying to break out of the village hall. And tell the men to get ready to leave, I don’t want to be anywhere near this place when those undead get here.’

Soldier I ‘Aye aye, sir.’

3 Likes

Good one, Mammon!
I like how you really focus on how grimdark the entire setting of Blight of the Immortals is!
A good idea for Black Knights, fits well with the fantasy of the black knights previously encountered in fiction.

2 Likes

Listen well, pups!

The smell of the air is suffocating. Sweat, urine and other bodily waste (human and animal alike) mixing with the penetrating heavy odour of dampened fur, half-rotten flesh, gore and drying blood. Like if someone has been dead in a small room for a month. Someone who has died in utter pain nd suffering without help, in his own blood and sweat… not even bothering to crawl to the bedpan. A many years old, many times rain-washed fur coat still on the body, in which the man was lying in the corner on the ground in the last days, hoping it will protect him. But the maggots and worms are already ate up half of it along the body…so they are almost just one dollop.
And to all this there is some tar-like scent lurking from the distance somehow much more fearsome.

Many little eyes are watching. Fury little stomachs are growling. Many other little eyes are watching the furry little creatures. Furry little creatures only pay attention to one.

“Listen well, pups!
Maybe small you are, but strong you grow. Need grow fast. Learn this! Eat this! Eat wisdom!”

A big piece of flesh (very likely a leg) splashes in the mud. There is still a little piece of green clothes attached to the thigh. If one can see it on the bloody cloth there is possibly some kind of feathery bird-motive on the fabric. But this last only for a blink of an eye, because little claws and mostly soon-to-be fangs teeth start to tear apart the flesh.*

“Listen well you too two-legged pups. –hahahakhhhacough- Listen to my words, and remember. This is the Story of the Origins."

Little eyes are shining. Little eyes are thirsty of tales. Little fury stomachs are less hungry. Little fury noses sniff into little hands. All is quiet when the old mouth starts to tell the tale.

"When The Ancient One the Mother of All (whose name you will only hear when you will be warriors) roamed the sky, the world was yet empty. Just the Ancient Spirits rested in their dreams from the beginning of time. Some of them were still dreaming, some of them were awake. The mountains the rivers the forests and the desert were quiet as the starry sky. Where all it came… even the wisest don’t know. The Mother of All soared around and She was proud, yet not fully satisfied. She was alone. She found no other Ancient Spirit worthy. All were no match for her. But one day She met with Father of Fire the Lord of Battle. He was the mightiest of all Spirits. So they fought. They fought for ages. The world was reshaped. Mountains were tore down, or emerged, oceans dried up, rivers turned around… other Ancient Spirits were awoken. And the world was reborn.
The Mother of All and the Father of Fire knew, they and only they are the true worthy partner for each other. No other creature would be worthy. So they mated. This was the Great Mating. And their children are roaming the sky ever since.
But from the Great Mating not only dragons came. As they fought and mated, they crashed into the earth, the mountains, the forests, the swamps… some Spirits were smashed to death. And tiny little creatures emerged where they tore apart the surface and the little fragments of rocks and trees and mud and earth and other things felt the magic of the Great Mating. And as they fought their blood fell on the desert sand. And from their fiery blood and the indestructible desert we the Orcs came to life. Blood-bound with the Children of the Great Ones.

We are fire. We are blood. We are the connected ones to the Spirits of the World.

Remember this. This is first thing to remember. But learn what else is beyond. We are not alone. There are other tales to tell. There are other days to tell tales. Be worthy enough to hear them all. Live long enough to tell them."

Little rough hands are touching little fury heads. Little eyes are staring into little eyes. Bonds are forming as little hands are feeding little jaws with little pieces of flesh.

//To be continued… with the description of races from orc point of view. And/or the
origin of Blight from the point of view of orc myth. And other orc stuff. :smiling_imp:

All rights reserved.//

3 Likes

Nice story, I like the impression you give of the cutesy Pup handler telling such a story in such a grim setting without actually saying it, and the dark subjects like feeding sentient races to the wolves as casually as she did.

2 Likes

Secret here: Actually this is a pre-story for an Elder Shaman who burned and elf village not to let falling into Blight. :slight_smile: (And enjoyed it btw :imp: )The idea of this story came from the thought "How it happens and what happens with the bodies… Just i like to add darker lines to my stories and characters. And to refer that originally as the main story states there was/is difference between the races.

1 Like

Dude, love your grimdark approach to this!
Can’t wait to read more of this! This is Warhammer style shenanigans right here!

2 Likes

Gnomes

Righteous: The Gnome Wardens
Artwork; A gnome druid, think of that what you will, surrounded by gnomish soldiers and mushroom monsters who look ready to fight the reader.
Effect: “Elven gifts”. When a forest is nearby, add 10 percent of current ATK.
Lore; Ever since the early days of dwarven exiles who fled their mountain homes to seek shelter in the forests, the elves were always there to aid them. As generations passed these dwarves, now called gnomes, learned how to life in harmony with the forest and the relationship with the elves change from student-mentor to equals. To cement that pact, the elven tree whisperers showed the magically inclined gnomes how to ask the spirits of the forest for aid.

Corrupted; Gnomish slaves.
Artwork; Gnomes in chains who is busy building a elven house.
Effect; “Forced labour”. When in a destroyed settlement, sacrifice 1/4th of this card to rebuild it and give 1/4 of the population back.
Lore; When the dark elves from Lothalan came to assist the living against the Blight, they brought along their slaves. These poor creatures serve as forced labour, canon fodder and blood sacrifices for their dark masters. During their own war against the undead, the dark elves used the gnomes their dwarf ancestry of building to rebuild the structures lost in the conflict. Now these slaves are pressed into service for this Blight.

2 Likes

If you got ideas guys, lemme know :smiley:
I would love to see more stories here!

We need more Goblin Lore!

Goblin Royalty
Righteous: Goblin Banker
"I admit, the idea sounds ridiculous even to me-go ahead, give me all your gold, I’ll keep it safe! Sounds like one of those tales your parents told you when you were children, about wicked Goblins tricking fools out of their coin…truth is, though, this is about giving back, as much as taking.

~Ognee Widewoggle, Mostly Honest Goblin Banker

Dwarves were the only race that originally practiced the idea of a system of banking-the Goblins, as usual, were the first to take it, and pass it off as their own invention. The Goblin Bankers became a new class of royalty-they were integral in generating the wealth and resources needed to fuel the war effort Alundria wide, and keeping large civilian populations fed, clothed and housed-which meant more resources got produced, and sent to the frontline. After the war against the Blight, many upstanding Goblins were found on the streets of Dwarf, Elf and Human cities running mostly respectful financial institutions.

Ability:
(Establish Bank)
Goblin Banker can spend X amount of mana to establish a bank in any human, elf or dwarven settlements. This structure increases the amount of income generated in a city via it’s population.

Corrupted: Goblin Gear Baron
"Tell ya what, I’ve give you a discount on the little one. Little hands work the wheels better. Come on, what choice do you have?"

~Crick Wheelwheedle, Goblin Gear Baron

Goblins are, as a race, fascinated with efficiency-other races efficiency, anyway. Goblin Gear Barons were those cunning enough to seize on rudimentary Dwarven mechanical technology, ‘improving’ it for a new era of mass production-by using great amounts of warm bodies, standardized parts, and whirring assembly lines, they could make nearly anything in amazing quantities, much faster than using the old methods. In some areas of Alundria, so great was fear of the Blight that rulers did not ask questions about how their armies got timely battlefield shipments of swords, shields, armor and other sundry resources, nor the price their people ultimately paid working in dark, dangerous Goblin factories.

Ability:
(Build Factory)
Goblin Gear Baron can spend X amount of mana to establish a factory in any city. The more factories exist on the map, and the more population connected to them, reduces the amount of time it takes to collect income from all cities, up to X hours.
Drawback:
(The Grind)
Population steadily decreases in a city with a factory, thought accidents and desertions. Cities with a factory can also no longer produce military units-all hands run the wheels!

((Essentially, this builds on the Goblin Royalty’s ‘behind the lines’ style-with both of them increasing passive gold generation in cities with high population, the righteous version doing so in a balanced manner, the corrupted gaining more in the short term, at the expense of long term profit.))

2 Likes

Dude, I love the idea here for the Goblin Royalty card!
Both make a lot of sense, even the Righteous card is still heavy on making money.
Well done man, seriously one of the most inspired card fluff I’ve read in a while!

Anyone got any suggestions for a population mover card?
As in move the population from one settlement to another or add it to the card’s ATK score?

Population mover cards? I can give ideas for names and maybe why they are so slow?
Elves:festival of the walking trees: the tree whisperers pour their mana and spells with the high elves and elder mages, waking the sleeping woods and the tree houses of the elves literally walk towards a new land to settle upon. This extreme method of moving is only used when the village is in dire straights

Humans: Refugees or pilgrimage: no fluff I don’t care for humans though I’m stuck as one Xd

Dwarves: relocation: not ones to mess around or for known for their mobility the dwarves only move when there is no other choice even then it’s it hard to convince such a stubborn race to do so. The main causes are generally when the mountain has run out of minerals completely or an entire nest of dragons move in next door making the dwarves feel more then just a little uncomfortable.

Orcs: warpath or reposition: I don’t really know anything about the orcs I don’t have any of their cards ^^;

Goblins: Follow the gold! Or Run away!:

Trolls: ???

2 Likes

Thanks man, i’ll figure something out :smiley: