Dead birdies don't sing

I’ve looked around but I can’t find out why the dead bird ‘badge of honour’ can no longer be given and has disappeared from the list… Or should I say purchased… If this is deliberate, Jay, there are three points that follow on from the removal:

1. New players will see the badge and have no idea what it means.
  2. The cost of these was $10 each; I’ve given out 5 of these over the years… contractually I’ve bought these from you and their removal of the explanation represents a breach of contract. I’m a pensioner with v limited income, so I would appreciate restitution :rofl:
  3. Why remove a potential source of funds?

But if you do want to remove them then remove them fromm players’ displays - they’re both confusing and meaningless.

Good questions for Jay. Jay explained his reasons in 2018 FEB. Jay wants to encourage more positivity in games.

I can’t find anything from Jay about why it was removed (EDIT: Ah, @xjhdexter to the rescue).

Anyhow, this is the original text about the badge:

Toxic:

Some players just make your blood boil. Vent your spleen and label them toxic.

And if you are angry at Jay, he already has a Toxic badge. LOL

I suspect that since the badges have already been paid for, Jay would not remove them from players’ profiles.

hands off my toxic badge!!

Enjoy, personally I don’t see why Jay (All Hail Jay, Lightgiver) removed an excellent source of revenue and you are welcome to it! After all someone paid $10 to label you an oathbreaker. :smile:

LOL. Those are C18 Locker Aliens from the movie Men in Black II .

Maybe NP2 can add a year stamp field for the most recent toxic bird.
Year stamps could then apply to basically any badge.

This allows others to observe how long ago an esteemed / hated player got any particular badge.

1 Like

I took a hiatus for a few years, just noticed the Toxic badge is now missing. I believe I bought people two of them over the years for well deserved reasons. I suspect the backstabbers complained that they were being treated unfairly… Does this mean the Slice of Cheese badge went back to being the unofficial toxic badge?

Annoying - all the backstabbers were moaning that they couldn’t get allies. $40 up my shirt; one of them for everyone’s friend the magic one, who succeeded in getting 7 players in an 8 player game to ally against him! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Cutthroat Pirate and The Wolf get used a lot, nowadays
stabber

I remember “The Magic One” … deserved the toxic badge.

I could definitely use that Toxic badge in a game I’m playing at the moment. I’ve got a delightful pair of backstabbers that have fully earned the award! Treachery of the highest order that even TMO would be proud of!

Does anyone have anything good to say about the magic one? The only person i ever remember allying with him consistently is coenna, who seems like a decent player from everything ive seen. Personally, I’ve never had much communication that i can remember with TMO, and no one seems to like him, but he somehow always does well in spite of that. It’s kinda weird really.