Do you play the 64 Player Games and why?

I’m thinking of scaling back the 64 player game, replacing it with say a 32 player game with a variety of maps that cycle through.

What do you all think?

I do play 64 games. I play them because they are the toughest game and I wanted the badges to round out my collection. I’m fine with a 32 game with different maps.

I play them often, I like that:

-people would have a hard time playing multiple accounts
-I am meeting new players way more often then other games
-All sorts of crazy shit seems to happen in a lot of them (huge shifts of power, unexpected wins and back stabbing galore)

I would like to see a new 64 map as well as 32 games if you are asking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only reason I don’t play 64s is because they’re never turn-based and not premium only*. I played once and it was a lot of fun and it made pre-collusion extremely difficult, but 32 could potentially have the same benefit. Maybe you could just try it now temporarily and we’ll see how it is? When the next 64 on the front page fills up, replace the next one with a 32.

*I appreciate they would never fill up otherwise

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback guys. I will try and make some changes in the next few weeks.

Perhaps a rotation? Might be worth seeing how community reaction to 32s.

Personally, I played the game years ago and only now have returned so I’m still catching up on all the changes. So I’m running a private newbies game before heading off to face the vets.

I play almost only 64 games, which are so much fun. Would be sad to see them go.

I like the idea of a 32-players game with a rotation of different maps.
Wouldn’t it divide the number of players doing 64 maps though?

1 Like

@Fafa_power : the original suggestion by Jay was to replace the 64 map with a few 32 maps on rotation. But just like you I am wondering if it could be feasible to have both running. or maybe put both modes in the same rotation cycle.

The idea is to have games fill up faster.

For context it’s worth quoting the original post from the other thread here.

I have set it up to be a random selection of these three maps for now.

I was looking for a 32 player spiral but couldn’t find one that worked in the forum archives.

Agains special thanks to @xjhdexter and @Dysp for these maps.

That 2nd map looks very cool!
Do I fight to the middle or take advantage of those fighting to the middle? Hmm…

First 32 map is up - join up, ya bums!

1 Like

While I like the 32s with fresh maps will be a nice change and accomplish the “fill up games faster goal”, premo players can already make a custom 32 game.

I don’t want to see the 64 completely disappear though, cuz as @Brand mentioned, it’s the most challenging mode. There is so much variability from game to game and wild west swings of power etc.

There seems to be a number of regulars that mainly play and enjoy the 64 games. If not offering them both concurrently, maybe put the 64 in the rotation at least.

1 Like

Hey @Tr0n thanks for the feedback. Its hard for me to know what everybody likes so I appreciate you taking the time to come and make some notes. I’m sure there are other players that feel the same way.

I think the 32 player games will offer very similar shifts in power. I’ve push the stars per player up to 24 (from 16) and the victory is 50% again. I hope the diplomacy will be very similar, but the game play will be better.

Lets give it a try for a few months and see how the games play out. The 64 player code is all still there so it would be very easy to turn back or put them in the rotation if we decide they are better.

1 Like

The 64 player games are missed. It was a very challenging very fun scene.

4 Likes

I had to come over to see what had happened to the 64 Player games…I used to enjoy at least always being a part of one…

Be very sad if they no longer are being run

1 Like

I am also missing the 64 player games. I also do not feel the conqueror badge should be awarded for a galaxy half as big. I am enjoying the 32, but not at the cost of the 64. It’s my understanding hosting power is possible a source of concern? What would be needed to resolve that? More users/memberships/badges? I am certain we could make some sort of fundraiser if so :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only play 64 player and tournaments.

I’m interested in a more diverse option rotation though. Varying the start resources and settings. Plus I’d like to see 66% win requirements, some 64 players still, and more tournaments.

1 Like

It is a shame to learn the 64 games are gone.

Is there really no way to get them back? Such as setting them up as bimonthly events?

More options would be nice overall, especially for custom maps. Those epic galaxies were truly something, back in the day when they were still a thing…

3 Likes