Get technology from empire (afk player)

Hey guys,

I’m wondering if it is possible to get a technology from the Empire (an afk player)?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it is definitely possible. You might want to read this thread: Trying to figure out something strange - #8 by JayKyburz

It is sad how many players are unaware that you can trade tech with AI. I swear far to many of my victories have more to do with this than with any skill on my part. And while I do try to educate players if it becomes apparent they aren’t aware of this I will only do so if they are willing to engage in diplomacy in the first place. (if your unwilling to utilize the diplomacy feature at all you deserve to be conquered in my opinion)

Maybe the AI improvements could include having AI players message others who have techs to trade that they would be willing to do so? Something like:

" Hey Player, I see you have Scanning 4! I would love to have that tech. If you sent it to me I just might send you something interesting in return" (Warning: return very likely but not guaranteed. See help section for more details on trading tech with AI players)

Put the part in () in red to help indicate it is more of a message/system warning than conversation from the AI.

This would at least HELP make other players aware that the trade option is available. And help me feel less like I’m cheating when its apparent that silent noobs aren’t utilizing this feature :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: apparently the forums dont like me putting text in greater than less than brackets… i really need to take the time to learn how to use these forums better :confused:

Yes @psyber624 this is exactly what I want to do. I want the AI proposing trades, I want them to get angry with you when you attack them, I want them to beg for mercy when you are crushing them.