Hero Changes and Tuning

I had previously dropped the Prince’s gold cost in lieu of a gold refund, so I might revise it back up a bit. I’ll have a look at it.

Just for every Rogue card (but now I’m going to have to double check to make sure!)

A couple of changes to Troll costs:

Trolls
Marsh Prince - Gold Cost: 225 (refunded when returned to deck)
Troglodytes - Gold Cost: 175

1 Like

Why the up cost? The Trog is so situational already.

I think he’ll only be in your deck if the situation calls for it, so I think the cost makes some sense. And I’m always ready to roll a Trog.

The Trogs are very powerful in the right situation. They can eat a huge army or a boss with 100% chance. That’s worth 175 Gold. If they’re appropriate to take into the map, then they’re worth paying for to put down. We are considering limiting their attack to say 1000 STR, in which case we would look at dropping the gold cost back down.

what if it were an attack limited to his str x 2… but the buff were permanent? So as he got bigger he could eat bigger stacks?

it would limit his current early game OP status, while still allowing his to grow into a real monster by late game.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea. We were talking about making his buff strength permanent if we limit his attack. I like the idea of having powers get stronger throughout a game.

1 Like

Just jumped into this game (still some open spots!) and was confronted with the following question: can a Trailblazer still use his Teleport effect if he’s in a Web Trap? Should he be able to?

We’ll it’s not moving so, yes he will be able to teleport, but when he gets to the manpool he will still be stuck. Takes the webs with him.

I’ve revised the Trogs based on @thethanx’s idea! So their attack will grow as you eat more Gobs. Their strength buff is permanent and cumulative.

Also dropped their Gold cost back down to 125G.

1 Like

Sweet, although I wonder if their base Strength is too low now. Since it grows exponentially, going to be tricky to balance.

Speaking of balance, should probably test out Fountain of Wisdom again with the new trog changes. I know the southern Troll strategy relied heavily on Trogs eating the initial giant goblin stack.

So three games in a row now I’ve found Jester King to be more helpful than not. He can get big, but single stacks are too easily controlled via roots and compulsion

Wasn’t there an idea that he’d have like 5 or 6 abilities, then fire off 2 at random every x hours? that sounds way scarier, because it would make how you dealt with him (and the units he affected) way less predictable.

I agree, the Jester King currently helps more than hurts. I was wondering, what if his ability affected mortal units as well?

I’ve also found that the new JK is more of a help than a hindrance, though that might change with the new Troglodyte changes. The part of the JK that really does work is his fast-growing strength, and without the ability to chow down on him easily and not worry about it, the relative weakness he inflicts on his backup dancers might be worth it.

The idea of him having several abilities that he might cast every few hours is also pretty cool. If they were different enough, it could make playing against him much more difficult.

1 Like

Yeah he can get scary big pretty quick, but I just don’t think that’s a particularly interesting boss. I’m in a goblin woods game that had an 18k JK, and we just rooted/repulsed him til we had a stack that could handle it.

I think the cool thing about various random buffs is that it makes things less predictable (which I think is the goal of JK) if all the sudden all undead got an x str buff, or a minor speed boost, or the JK’s str went up by 500 or whatever it would really keep you on your toes.

:astonished: When does that go live?? Sounds really strong!!

I think @IHG-BlightedPea wants to do a have a think about the mana cost and cool down first.

The Captian will choose a random rogue from your deck and deploy it, the Bard will pull a random mage from your deck.

The spells will fail if there is no rogue or mage in your deck, and there in no population of the correct race left in the map.

Are you saying that a Trog could consume a 5K Jester King with 100% success rate?

If so, I need to capture a Troll town, stat…

They can’t anymore. They used to straight-up devour a single Goblin unit/stack, but they were changed to deal damage based on their own strength. Now they get stronger as you use them repeatedly, instead of being a Goblin-only orbital bombardment card.