KING OF THE HILL - don't believe?

Team 1 @LDG
Team 2 @wfmcgillicuddy
Team 3 @eDave
Team 4 @JayKyburz
Team 5 @jesse_a_sutherland

I chose you as team captains since you are listed first :P. Make sure your teammates join the right positions. I suggest you create private hangouts for your teams as well.

Don’t forget to use team names!

@Sjeng and @MajorAwesome do you mind if we just use email and in-game chat to plan strategy. Do you want to be team sever or team server? email me on jay@ironhelmet.com. And i’ll make an email thread for us.

You can find the hangouts in your email too (gmail) - if you prefer opening the mail for communication.
I suggested hangouts only because it is fastest and the easiest solution to use on computer or a phone while away.

It’s because you can use hangouts in your favorite instant messenger or you can simply install a hangouts extension for chrome.

I’m old, grumpy and I don’t like to be interrupted. Email is waiting for me when I am ready for it.

LOL … and yes, my answer would be similar for why I’m not an IM/Hangout type of guy.

Hope someone will post updates on how this format works - good luck everyone.

How long will the game last?

If qwerty hasn’t already set a time, can I suggest 10 days from whenever the first person lands on one of the hill stars.

1 Like

One of,my team has not put our team name before his player name @Qwerty, can you do anything about this?

Are we allowed to “attack” enemy home stars to cut down numbers, but not capture it?

Jay, exactly. You can attack it to cut down numbers, but not capture it.

@edave, I don’t know. I think that if he leaves he won’t be able to rejoin. We don’t have other choice than to let him bear his name with shame until the end of the game.

@eDave After he leaves i can clear the list of players not allowed to rejoin so he can… but his name is no big deal if you ask me,

@qwerty do you need the team name to be used so your monitoring code can work out the scores when we capture the hill?

No, I use ID for that. Thanks for your effort though :slight_smile:

Im soo mad I missed this!

We can kick @LDG off our team and add you Brad

2 Likes

:frowning: meanie

What happens if somebody is trying to cut down the number of ships on my home world but they capture it by mistake, are they disqualified?

Good question. It’s important to remember that if there will be some punishment, the attacked player could remove the ships to force it.

1 Like

haha, thats what I was thinking. My home world is in range of enemy attack in the first day!

Well, attacking enemy home worlds should be discouraged, unless the attacker knows exactly what is he doing - like when you have EVERY star around the home world and you simply want to cut down the numbers.

If the defender purposely sends all his ships away to let the attacker capture it, there should be a discussion about that and the player or his team should reacquire the homeworld back. The player alone, who let his homeworld fall into enemy hands BY PURPOSE, should be banished and his teammates should get the world instead.