May/2018 1v1 EPIC Tournament - AnnanFay is the winner!

In the Grunter vs. Bruce Wayne match, Grunter is leading in terms of stars (87 vs. 63), industry (approx. 100 to 65), science (16 to 22) and most importantly ships: about 1500 vs. 1000. Bruce has the edge on economy with about 90 to about 85. Tech-wise, we are all tied up except I have an extra Exp and an extra Scanning tech.

Congrats @SuperDave!

@Karmadrome, I feel your pain buddy, I got matched up with him first last round and heā€™s one tough cookie!

@HULK I like the parameters, letā€™s keep them as is

@nick.muzzio he was definitely tough and Iā€™d say one of the favourites for this tourney. However post analysis I think I made a couple of school boy errors that Iā€™ll have to avoid come the next fight.
Good luck to all in the next round!

You can bypass the player restriction to see the Intel screen. Just make a bookmark with address:

javascript:void(NeptunesPride.universe.player=1);

When in a game you are not part of click the bookmark, then hit [G] or Menu->Intel. Some things wonā€™t work because you are not actually part of the game, but the Intel screen does.

Some of the games are already starting to be deleted.

Edit: Increased compatibilityā€¦ maybe.

1 Like

Ummmm ā€¦ I tried that (using Firefox on Windoze) and it just pops up a blank screen with the number ā€œ1ā€ on it (?)

So Iā€™m going to create the round 2 games using these mods from default params:
Weapons start at Level3 and are LOCKED (whoever gets W4 first has a too-big-of advantage)
Experimentation and Manufacturing are Expensive to Research
EPIC (64 stars/player) Galaxy with Far Distances
HomeStar is 20/20/4 rather than 5/5/1
Starting Cash is $2000 (donā€™t spend it all at once!)
You start with ONE star that has 50 ships
Turn-based: 8 ticks/jump, 24 hours to submit ā€¦ or 48?

Since my game has already rolled off, I canā€™t double-check the params, but here are two possible maps that can be used for my quarter-final game which it looks like will be against @AnnanFay

I like the 48 hours. Itā€™s nice to be able to go on a weekend.

I also like the first game waaaayyyy better then the second game. second makes trench warfare

1 Like

Oops, I only tested on Chrome. Firefox should work now.

Iā€™m in favour of 48 hour commits.

@nick.muzzio: The 2nd game I listed - is MUCH more spread out than @SuperDave and @Karmadrome game. ā€¦ and I actually think would play quite well. Roger on the 48 hours - that DOES make sense. In my ā€œownā€ game, I can pause the game, but I can not in tournament games for others.

@AnnanFay: FYI that your bookmarklet works like a champ in Firefox now. LOL that I will probably be playing you next ā€¦ wonder if you have some special Javascript that allows you to sneak a peak at my stars?!? :wink:

BTW, assuming I end up playing you, let me know if you have a preference for either of those two games. I can generate some other maps if neither is to your liking.

Iā€™ll be traveling some in June so I definitely say 48 hours. There might be some days where I canā€™t submit daily, but when I have internet I can respond pretty immediately. Just depends on my situation.

I think we will be fighting @TheLastHero. No worries on how long it takes for me. I donā€™t get all impatient like @HULK :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you guys want, we can start the round #2 games as 4 of the games are officially done and it looks like the other 4 are almost over. Not trying to be ā€œimpatientā€, but just trying to move things along before people lose interest ā€¦ :wink:

@AnnanFay has 88 stars versus 62 for @SonOfBlob
@MurasakiNoKaze has 93 stars versus 53 for @Mise333
@HOUSEBOAT_THANGS has 79 stars versus 57 for @Luthias
@Grunter has 100 stars versus 56 for @Bruce

I am ready!

Iā€™m ready to start the next round if my opponent is.

Iā€™m ready also. @SonOfBlob graciously conceded.

You can pick the map @HULK.

Iā€™m ready!

Did you and @nick.muzzio get my PM with game link for 'ya?
Neptune's Pride: Game 6348413210984448 (t2r2)
Updated game with 48 instead of 24 hours to submit.

Iā€™ve updated the first post with more results from round1 and round2 info.

I just finished my game. Good game Bruce!

Pretty cool map:

You should update the title by the way. Currently it says ā€œRound 1 gamesā€