May/2018 1v1 EPIC Tournament - AnnanFay is the winner!

Oh heck - I just scanned the thread and @MalcolmReynolds SHOULD have been in the tournament - mistake on my part.

So yea, if he can play, Iā€™d say lets take him first ā€¦ but if it doesnā€™t work out for him, then lets go with @Azezeal - hope that is fair to everyone.

@MalcolmReynolds is actually in the only game of NP Iā€™m currently playing ā€¦ so just head back from him and told him to join in against @TheLastHero - have updated the first post accordingly.

A player has joined using in-game alias of ā€œRodel Ituraldeā€. Is that his actual rank & renown ? or is it MalcolmReynolds ?

Victory 0, rank 16, renown 32

Not sure who it is though

Rodel joined the forum 3 days ago.

@MalcolmReynolds probably should standby as alternate just in case HULK drops out like he did in The Smulm Cup Tournament . LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@MalcolmReynolds is 4/107/216 ā€¦ so I presume this is @Rodel and just re-updated the first post ā€¦ also annotating that @MalcolmReynolds is an ALTERNATE in case we have dropouts.

Looks like you really mean it :frowning:
I did apologize for playing the wrong game but I have had two turns now and youā€™ve been stuck on one for a loooooooooooooooong time. Maybe its just a busy weekend.

@leonardebaker Thatā€™s brutal man. Rodel and I have already gone through 10 turns!

Update: @Karmadrome and I have finished 4 cycles now. We are very even in play.

Him: 67 economy, 70 industry, 12 sciences, 22 carriers, 47 planets, 1048 ships

Me: 64 economy, 67 industry, 12 sciences, 30 carriers, 50 planets, 1055 ships.

On science we both are at level 2 on everything, except I have EXP 2 and he only has level 1.

@Rodel and I are one turn from finishing the 4th cycle. I have a slight advantage but he can definitely still win if he plays it right.

Rodel: 62 stars, 47 economy, 68 industry, 11 science, 1063 ships (Not counting any eco he bought before cycle

Hero: 64 stars, 67 economy, 79 industry, 18 science, 1177 ships

He went for high industry early in the game, while I had huge buys in economy and science. He has more ships than me up til very recently, but my long term strategy is proving effective now.

As for tech I am 2 hours from finishing mfg 4 while he is at mfg 2. He has terra 3 while I have 2. I have scan 2 while he has scan 1. He has exp 2 while I have 1. Everything else is even.

@TheLastHero I work nights haha, so Iā€™m asleep from 8am-4pm EST I didnā€™t forget, I usually only play 1 game at a time and currently thatā€™s our game

Sorry. I have a visitor over so havenā€™t been able to get online much. Will be able to commit much faster from mid-day tomorrow (UTC).

ALL: Glad to hear that some good carnage going on and appreciate the update. Nice to see the games are moving along quickly ā€¦ be awesome if we are able to finish all the 1st round games within 2 weeks.

@AnnanFay - doesnā€™t your friend understand that the fate of the galaxy depends on you making timely moves?!? Seriously, this is a good example of why I did the 48-hour submit time ā€¦ since while I presume most people will make timely submits, every once in a while something will keep you busy in RL ā€¦ which actually is more important than NP. Enjoy your weekend with your friend.

HULK needs to receive 16 (= 15 + HULK) true aliases, so he can send email to ask Jay to distribute ā€œTournament Competitorā€ badges.

Would we post the true Aliases here or send HULK a pm?

I hadnā€™t through about the ā€œTournament Competitor Badgeā€, but sure, I can send everyoneā€™s name to Jay for him to consider. If your NP true alias is different than your Forum Name, then go ahead and send me a PM about it.

P.S. Just got note from @nick.muzzio that he has won his game against @NUC ā€¦ so I have updated the first post to show the results and he will play the winner of @Rodel and @TheLastHero - looks like the later is ahead in that game.

PPS. The knock-down, drag-out fight appears to be between @Karmadrome and @SuperDave - those guys appear to be dead-even. I imagine itā€™s like two heavy-weight prize fighters circling each other ā€¦ each making probing attacks, but looking to deliver a major punch! Several other games look close also, but they donā€™t appear to be as far along.

May the stars favor those still in the tournament!

True Alias is ā€œGrunterā€.

Iā€™ll do the badges when youā€™re all done.