Old NP Avatars

I love almost all of them. :heart_eyes_cat: Really. Thereā€™s like, only one that I wouldnā€™t want to use over the Triton generation! And I like the Triton avatars! But theseā€¦these are true masterworks! So classic! Soā€¦soā€¦ALIEN~! :alien:

I can see it now. The Horticult shall no longer be forced to exist only as Anurians! With the use of loam scalp jell, seed implants, and fertilizer soap from Delta Asmidiske, we shall become the Great Broccoli Quorum! None shall stop us! Heir Broccoli! Heir Broccoli! Sieg nue Malerei!

They really are beautiful.

Say, will these old avatars be the same as they look as of now. I mean not the art, I meant the quality. I hope they are changed to a better quality.

Iā€™m a bit confused, Starfleet. What do you mean by better quality exactly? I already think the art is fine and impressive. Do you mean better resolution if viewed on a mobile device?

If youā€™re talking about someone repainting them, then no, itā€™s not gonna happen anytime soon, since Jay only recently decided to grant the request to bring these guys outta the cadaver fridge. I for one like the art style. Itā€™s got some rugged spots, but itā€™s supposed to be. These are impressionistic portraits to me, meant to have some roughness to give them a whimsical, almost dreamy look, like something someone might imagine or muse about aliens looking like.

Just my two snail scents. And maybe a nickle. :wink:

3 Likes

I have very much missed playing as a race of murderous pink bunnies.

1 Like

Goon, are you Groot? :no_mouth:

Ahem, and yes, it would be nice to play as some of these. Glances at Jay again We just gotta hold out until the end of December to get these races outta the gene kit and into our active game cloning vats.

Two things I really liked about the old NP avatars were:

###style
The water color style was really cool, kinda reminded me of some of the non-digital artwork in the sprit of Boris Vallejo.

###non-humanoid
There were some really cool species that didnā€™t fit the typical humanoid formula (one of my major gripes with Star Trek). I do like NP2ā€™s Metroid and the Green Wedgehead but I really miss these guys

http://forum.ironhelmet.com/uploads/db4495/original/2X/2/25ba017a152eb780ac7c20dcd51fa3551169dc3a.jpg
http://forum.ironhelmet.com/uploads/db4495/original/2X/5/547ffd2ae09b6a5976af7dd276facec470e325ef.jpg

This dude is straight outta Vingeā€™s A Fire Upon the Deepā€¦ SMHā€¦ sentient broccoli wth

Thatā€™s Overlord Sentient Broccoli to you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Those Broccoli occultist are racial supremacists, after all.

These look amazing! The new ones match the slick interface more, but the old ones are more engaging. Excited to try! :grinning:

I do apologize beforehand for necromancing this thread, especially for my own selfish reasons. However, it is a personal interest of mine to see the old NP avatars restored to public use, especially with their popularity, as well as the NP2s that didnā€™t make the first cut on time.

I personally find the avatars engaging and a nice touch to the game, more so than most, Iā€™ll bet. But, with updates for Triton not likely happening soon for various good reasons, such as the more mainstream Blight, it would be nice to have a hold-over of sorts. How difficult is it to add these end within the next month or so? A lot? Iā€™m no programmer and thus couldnā€™t know. However, if itā€™s at all no great inconvenience or time hazard, could this be done?

Again, I apologize for the selfish request, and only made it public because others have expressed interest, and I clearly wonā€™t be the only one to benefit.

1 Like

Just leave my ā€œAnt Soundsā€ avatar alone!

They are coming! I promise!

They are unfortunately painted very low res. Perhaps we could get some new ones painted for NP3.

The more the merrier.:slight_smile: And I wonder if thereā€™s a means to increase the resolution post painting. Of course, that would cost something extra, sadly.

Itā€™s never easy, is it? :frowning: