Proteus Test Game 3

did you accidentally misclick it twice? i know that if you tell a carrier to fly to the same planet its on it adds like an hour to the flight for

I find it a good way to delay a flight to time with other events (in case you might not be online to do it manually at the crucial time). I havenā€™t really played with the delay function yet tbh, but this is generally reliable.

In this specific case I was just playing with my wormhole. (Ooh err.)

Specifically with your bottom void hole.:mask: Wash your hands before serving food

1 Like

I donā€™t know about you but Iā€™ll always see Wormholes as Voidholes from now on. :scream:

1 Like

@JayKyburz :

Another bug related to the notifications bug.

1- Iā€™m ā€œResearching Now: Weaponsā€, ā€œResearching Next: Rangeā€. ETA: 12h
2- I got a notification "Your scientists have made a breakthrough in the field of Weapons"
3- Now Iā€™m researching Range

The problem is the notification is erroneous, as I didnā€™t reach a new level of weapons. So Iā€™m still in the same level of weapons as before it, and still ETA 11h.

Btw, Is it ok posting bugs here, or should I use some issue tracking system?

1 Like

did it duplicate a previous weps notification? That happened to me

Yes, Iā€™m getting that one heaps. I will try and fix today.

I just had a thought about the rogue research notifications. Are they perhaps being triggered if your Espionage bonus hits the field you are currently researching?

Yeah, they are when you get an update from Espionage, but I typo meant the message is always for the tech you are researching, rather than the one you actually got it in.

I fixed it today but couldnā€™t push out the new version. Hopefully tomorrow. Fixed some ruler bugs and a few other little things.

1 Like

Like those nova bombs?

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones::radioactive:

Lets talk seriously about those bombs.

If you could destroy starts towards the end of a game, do you think there would be intresting decisions to be made around choosing which stars to destroy?

What impact would it have on the current game?

What does it means to destroy a star? Itā€™s remove it from the map, or ā€œjustā€ destroy all of its infrastructure and ships?

Would you be able to do so on any star, or in scanning area? (Almost the same here!)

If Iā€™m attacking can just destroy the star where the defender has 70K ships. Same anyone who sees another collecting ships in a star.

Iā€™m not fan of changing things like that in the middle of the game because it is somewhat unfair, you know: you device a strategy taking into account the rules and the changes in the middle are like dealing cards again and start from zero. Those hours deprived of sleep were in vain :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I took this game too seriously :sweat:

Although it is true this is a test game, even the name contains that wordā€¦ I still remember the first game, to get up, went to the PC, login and saw my great-mighty-mega empire destroyed mainly because that.

1 Like

Ah no, I wont change the current game. I meant for future games.

By destroying a star I mean actually taking it out of the galaxy. You canā€™t jump to it anymore. All ships there and headed there are destroyed! I think you have to own the star to do it.

I always thought it would be fun, but not sure if it actually provides any intresting new decision.

1 Like

It will be like an ā€œone-timeā€ thing? You can use it a single time in the game?

Then I think would buy more carriers to attack and try to send the lower number of ships needed to take each star in order to minimise loses. If star captured, warp gate and reinforces come behind!

Edit:
In the current game I think it would change that. There are too many carriers with >50K ships. It would not make sense if the target may be destroyed. (I saw a carrier with more than 100K ships flying somewhere, keep the identity to protect their owner)

I think it would have to be rare, one time or extremely expensive. I might have used it on the star Saradav focused on, in order to destroy 100k ships at once, but also its strategic choke point valueā€¦ But it should have cost me idk one million space bucks or taken the same time as 5 weps upgrades. I think you are correct it should be defensive/Scorched earth in nature.

Iā€™m not sure about this bomb thing. Does it have range? Can you see it coming? Can you see it being built/developed?

It seems a little tooā€¦ unpredictable? for NP. How would you plan a strategy/contingency around/against something that could wipe out any star/fleet (and fleet on the way, which for some reason Iā€™m thinking is itā€™s most devastating effect) in an instant?

How about something more in the way of The Death Star?

• a special unit that costs insane amount of money or even better takes a lot time to build (and other can see that is being built).
  • build time depends on the industry level at a star (to prevent building one at some obscure small star at the edge of the galaxy)
  • each player can have only one
  • ā€œDeath Starā€ moves slower then normal carriers
  • ā€œDeath Starā€ can be destroyed but it takes a certain amount of ships to defeat it (of course weapons tech also plays a role here)

Since there is a possibility that some powerful player could destroy (remove from map) a lot of stars it might be better that aftermath of ā€œDeath Starā€ battle would be that all infrastructure is destroyed. And maybe starā€™s natural resources could lower somehow?

Then again, Neptuneā€™s Pride is such a fun game to play mostly because of itā€™s simple, streamlined mechanics. One unit type, 3 infrastructure types, ā€¦ but with these test games we are already changing this quite a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funnily enough I had already been wondering about this myself.

It all does feel a bit of a ā€œslippery slopeā€ though. We have Nova Bombs, then do we need Nova shields? Nova shield bustersā€¦ where will it all end! Wonā€™t somebody think of the children!! :scream:

1 Like

YES !! That is a great idea !! Build a Battle School, and train the brightest children to fight the Formics . :rocket:
:stuck_out_tongue: HA HA !