Proteus Test Game

The tech prices are out becuase the base scaling factor used to be 160, now its 6.

Research prices are 6 * techlevel^3 now.

Is there any chance you can get me into the game? I am free to play so I may only join 2 games but I wont abandon a game to join.

When the updates are officially released I will want premium and I would get premium now to test this, but I cant until next week.

The premium will be important to make good races so I think many people will want it, So am I able to get in? :slight_smile:

just email me and I will fix you up with some free premium.

You are one badass dude

2 Likes

I have another idea to make scanning more important.

How about, like warp gates, you can build some ā€˜structuresā€™ (i dont know what to call them. Propaganda stations? Headquarters?) on your stars, which would increase the ship production/science contribution/money production (or all? Or different structures for each?) for all stars in scanning range of that star?

That would mean the higher your scanning range, the more stars get buffed, and to increase the value, maybe even make the effects stackable?

The structures would either have to increase in price exponentially or maybe make them a constant percentage of your economy to make sure scanning stays important later on too, when thereā€™s plenty of money.

Also, joined the test game, excited to see how it goes.

And oops, I left right away because I just realized these are real time games :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we do a turn based test game next, Jay?

Just for giggles, I thought Iā€™d memorialize the new tech and investment costs that i woke up to this morning in the first test game.

Its like i woke up in the Weimar Republic. need to buy more wheelbarrows for all the cash Iā€™d need. (apologies to snorkel)

Needless to say, I Conceded Defeat and took the first train to Zurich.

1 Like

Itā€™s solved the scanning problem though. Itā€™s the only thing I can realistically research before Christmas.

1 Like

With these new settings every spending decision takes on strategic importance. I love it. Jay may have overdone the power function, but l am looking forward to pushing the envelope here.

btw, it occurs to me that some of the ideas we have previously vetted for favored trading alliances would have real incentive here. Such as federations of weaker players ( 1,2,or 3 canā€™t join or get booted), or lord-vassal. Worth thinking about.

Just got in. I remember you did a test game with wormholes a while ago, did they make it into this version?

@JayKyburz

How about changing the old production timer/now just a tick timer to a 6 hour Intel timer?

If you mean to make production each 6 hours instead each 1hour, I support that idea too!

It would allow to have some rest from time to time :slight_smile:

I think he means just a countdown to whenever Intel updates. Pretty sure the production each tick is here to stay.

I like that idea though! It would be more useful than a plain tick counter.

Well I took back one of Cables stars! Iā€™ll be able to grab that next level of weapons in just under 5 years. Thatā€™ll help defend from his incoming attack, and I can work from there. Things are looking up for this game!

3 Likes

I wonder about NP. Does it just count days ? or is there 30 days / month ? LOL

Oh *%&$, you mean I have to recalculate the 5 year plan I just finished! It took my ages to set up those loops.

Yup, this is what I meant.[quote=ā€œZoquete, post:214, topic:5654ā€]

If you mean to make production each 6 hours instead each 1hour, I support that idea too!
[/quote]

You could do this with a custom game currently couldnā€™t you?

The numbers are still not right.

Buying a point of economy on my home star is 4k. For that one point economy to pay for itself will take 55 days at tech three (4000/24/3) . 25 days at tech 6 18 days at tech 9.

I might adjust a few things before we get started if I have time today. Dial things down a little.

https://np.ironhelmet.com/proteus/5244769307721728

there is still room left for those looking to join the testing game before it starts

Iā€™d join but unfortunately Iā€™m going to be cut off from 4g and WiFi for a few days soon and that will be the end of me. Who knew these places still existed!

Just improved my relationship with AI Brian for 175 credits. That might need scaling up a bit/a lot.

1 Like