Proteus Test Game

It’d be good a non linear increase there… For example, you can establish some prices and interpolate between them to get a better curve:

• 1 ship: $25
  • 10 ships: $50
  • 20 ships: $100
  • 30 ships: $200

Whose polynomial interpolation is:

f(x) = 37150/1653 + (25255 x)/9918 - (167 x^2)/6612 + (91 x^3)/19836

Here you can look at the plot and play with the params: interpolate (1, 25) (10, 50) (20, 100) (30, 200) - Wolfram|Alpha

@JayKyburz Second game?

I love the new mechanics too, but I have to agree with Hip. I have 10 stars and 10 economy (including my initial 5). I’m making $30 an hour. In order for me to buy an 11th economy point it will cost $200, so 7 hours worth. That comes out to around 3 points of economy a cycle, while buying 0 industry and 0 science.

On the other hand I’m making tons and tons of ships already. After 11 hours with 8 industry I’ve made 324 ships.

“All this to say, I think that it’s going to be really tough to gain any traction in this game given the current cost of econ and raising my banking level only returns a minimal gain since it’s difficult to raise the total econ count”

If you go to banking level 4 from level 3, you will raise your income by 33%! And it will take you approx 30 hours to do that if you researched it. And the Econ cost per NR isn’t any different than NP2, is it? Granted that there is no terra. But why do you think that cash generation will be slower than Triton in early game? Given similar range limitations for new stars (and boy am I range limited)

@Praxus and @Kavanavak in the queue for second game. If its OK with you guys I would like to just watch the first game for another day or so and see if there are any tweaks I would like to make before kicking it off.

The 10 credit reward per point of economy captured feels incredibly stingy now. It used to be 24 hours worth, now it’s just over 3 and will rapidly decrease to be worth almost nothing.

1 Like

All scanning 3’s are equal, but some scanning 3’s are more equal than others. (See screenshot).

1 Like

Understood, @JayKyburz. I’ll stay tuned.

@wfmcgillicuddy

I’m talking sheer numbers for Econ makes banking not that powerful considering most stars start at $100 and then double to $200 for the second Econ point.

I have 10 Econ and getting $30 an hour. If I get banking 4, I get $40 an hour but it raises my ability to purchase that second Econ point from 1 every 7 hours to 1 every 5 hours. This again is also assuming I don’t invest my money in anything else like science (also expensive) which could get me to next banking faster, but then the bank bonus is less impressive.

It does move slower than NP2 and in NP2, as the game progresses you grow quicker because things get cheaper with Terra advancement. Here they only get more expensive. (And for the record, I don’t ever remember paying $200 for a single point of Econ so I think the numbers are different.)

yes, you are right about that, the increments are different. But maybe consistent with a setting of scarce resources? Based on my experience of mostly worthless rocks, that’s my guess. But I’d like clarification from @JayKyburz

But over time I guess we’ll see if the cash flow growth caused by the new way banking multiplies econ will compensate for the loss of terra.

Worthless rocks? Luxury! I have mere pebbles.

Here’s that bug I referenced in game. Sounds like Snorkel see something different than I. I should also note, that the research mechanics appear to be functioning with a level 4 EXP value and when I review it on the Research screen it shows level 4 EXP, but when I view it in comparison to other players or just click on my image up to I see a level 4 scanning.

I see your exp 4, but the wrong number is highlighted. Seems like that bug only applies to you so far, BB’s tech shows up normally. Weird.

Don’t think this has anything at all whatsoever to do with Hipster’s bug, but my screen gets all wonky while scrolling. I think Jay mentioned that. It’s not to my liking. Firefox no longer works, and if Edge goes down I don’t know how I’ll manage my conquests.

Same here, I researched “Manufacturing” level 4, everything else is still level 3. But comparing with other players, I see this:

Sorry for the science bug guys, The names are sorted in order, but the second row of numbers are not.

It works well now, thanks!

And, let me add a question here: I don’t know what does the “Superior Banking” and “Inferior Weapons” means exactly. “Superior …” and “Inferior …” in general. Excuse me if it is already explained somewhere else, I can’t found it!

When you start the game you pick what tech you want superior and inferior. If you’re not premium them you can choose be the unlocked characters’ presets. If you are premium you can make any combination on any character.

Basically, superior banking let’s you research banking at a cheaper cost than everyone else. Inferior weapons means it takes you longer than everyone to get weapons.

You can see how my manufacturing is cheaper and my exp more expensive.

Thanks!

You need to charge that phone asap…

1 Like