Suggested (little) improvement to ruler feature {for better usability }

I love that the new ruler feature is capable of planing multiple jumps at once.

But if you just want to measure a lot connections between different stars you have to press the reset button a lot.

@JayKyburz : Can you make the spacebar a shortcut for the reset button?
If i want to measure the distance to all neighbours of a given star that would be handy.
I first press ‘r’ for the ruler and and press space (’ ') after selecting a pair of stars.

This way no one has to search for the rest button and then search for the stars you want to measure again

TL;DR:
There is an Hack to realise this behaviour.

Create a bookmark as described by @Qwerty :
(Take your time to read trough that little wall of text ; P )

use this script if you want to use the spacebar:

javascript:Mousetrap.bind(["space"],function(){Crux.crux.trigger("start_ruler");Crux.crux.trigger("start_ruler");});

Other supported keys can be found here: Mousetrap - Keyboard shortcuts in Javascript

@3m4il2m3:
As a workaround i solve that issue with a double-tap on ‘v’.
First ‘v’ closes the ruler, second ‘v’ starts a fresh one.

Thats smart!

Hey, a quick fix for this could be mapping a double ruller action to a single button :stuck_out_tongue:

Pressing X will do it for you. Change the X for whatever you prefer :slight_smile:

[size=11]Copy-paste it into adressbar and remove the leading + sign.[/size]

+javascript:Mousetrap.bind(["x","X"],function(){Crux.crux.trigger("start_ruler");Crux.crux.trigger("start_ruler");});

See here how to create a Bookmarklet if you don’t want to input it manually every time.

@Qwerty the idea to improve the game with javascript + making a bookmark for it is awesome!!

If anyone wants to use the spacebar like me replace the “x”,“X” with “space”.

+javascript:Mousetrap.bind([“space”],function(){Crux.crux.trigger(“start_ruler”);Crux.crux.trigger(“start_ruler”);});

Other supported keys are found here: Mousetrap - Keyboard shortcuts in Javascript

1 Like