The Smulm Cup Tournament

Be glad you didn’t join Hardcore in my spot - I got worst starting position EVAR!

4 of the 8 players are over 20 stars (leader is at 31) … and I’m at 10. Had literally no place to expand for the longest time and now boxed in - happens … :frowning:

When you get back in @xjhdexter, strongly recommend turn-based. My last real-time probably was back in 2015 until the tournament game. Wayyyyy too much checking … and I’m not even a front-line player (although I’m just about to go into battle). But some good comedy in the chit-chat as the Rebel Alliance is trying to give the front-running “Evil Empire” a run for the money.

A turnbased tournament would be great! Can’t handle real time… :slight_smile:

You could always create one! More tournaments would be great.

1 Like

Just spectating here. It seems like there is some kind of massive Robin Hood underdog rally in the south going to attack the north.

It might have been something I said ? opps. HA HA !!

Latest long-winded in-game message from my ambassador below … :wink:
Not sure how the down-select to final-16 is going to happen since we currently have 10 KO/QUIT’s and one about to AFK. Maybe we could bend the rules and expand round #2 as it’s been a great game and be nice to let all advance.

As our carrier (Dragnar Liberation Army) pulled into the star system, we were happy to see that despite the “pumping Iron Man fist” military dictators installed by the Evil Empire, the Dragnar the Sad rank-n-file troops revolted and pulled their warships out so the peaceful population could welcome us with open hands.

We have started immediate humanitarian aid and are bringing up hospital ships for those most severely tortured and maimed by the Evil Empire. Rebuilding has also commenced. Finally, the rightful ruling party of Dragnar the Sad is restored to power and has renamed the star Peoples Republic Dragnar

While the focus is on helping the people, our Space Marines remain vigilant. While the leaders of the Evil Empire will need to be brought to justice/trial in front of the Surpremo Galactic Court, the Jolly Green Giant does not wish to inflict any more harm than necessary to the misguiding minions who fell under the Dark Side spell of Emperor NickMuzzio

So we will again repeat our gracious offer from many moons ago for the Evil Empire to unconditionally surrender.

I feel some of the ATM’s are more valuable dead than alive because they have stars with a lot of infrastructure. That’s why I haven’t built anything!

It’s pretty one sided now, just a matter of time until the game ends.

Tick 395, almost cycle 20

Hulk’s climbed to #2, trade fed to #3. Brand won’t last much longer and killdozer should fall after that.

Southern alliance for the win!

I don’t think it’s been addressed yet, so what’s the last game going to be? Will the top half move forward until a 1v1?
Personally I think the game after the next (so an 8 player) because I suck at 1v1s :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe the final 8 could play a normal settings game? The basic NP could be the best way to prove skill. In a game with too little players there is not room for diplomacy which is the heart of NP.

This was the peak of the game for me. PS next time you guys want to have a big shootout, lets split the map up into FAIR teams :slight_smile:

Why did Green triangle Poseidon’s Shame QUIT ?

He claimed his people tired of war.

HEY … so what’s going on in round #2?

I heard there was a bit of a clusterf*ck that someone took Big Bad Bob’s place … and he’s going to get a free pass to round #3?

The latest is that BBB is out and Gheebanitza (?) has taken his place.
As far as I’m aware there is no free ticket to the next round.

All going very slow at the moment.

First of all: CONGRATS TO @JayCee - very well played game in which it was obvious you are the CHAMP. Bravo!

Additionally, I wanted to drop in here and thank everyone involved in getting this tourney off the ground. I had a blast!

THAT SAID - Who wants to try a 2v2 tourney (again)??? winky wink-wink @xjhdexter =] =] =]

@Brand @nick.muzzio and I were chatting about how that would be fun! No pressure on timeline, obviously, with the Holidays coming up and all. (HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL YOU CRAZY SPACE PIRATES!! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR WHILE I AM AT IT)

That is all. Sorry for all the yelling =]

Warmest regards,

HOUSEBOAT THANGS, KILLDOZER, The Control Group, etc

A group of us had a dandy 4v4 TURN-based game - even Mr. Real-Time Nick said it was fun playing turn-based … and wouldn’t that be easier than real-time over the holidays. :wink:

We just started a rematch. 8 players in a circular 32stars/large/far - allies are alternate … so everyone has a foe on both sides. Took a bit of work to generate a “good” map so that there were stars aplenty for every player to launch attacks from. Weapons3/Hyper2 to start, $1000 cash … but you MUST align with your teammates at the start - very cool to see what everyone is up to … plus game moves along pretty fast. Trade Scan ENABLED … so big incentive to hook up in the center … but $50/level to trade tech. Curious to see how our updated game parameters play out.

Let me know Houseboat/Brand/Killdozer (didn’t you kick my a** recently?) want to get a posse of 4 hombres together for a TURN-based game and I’ll see if I can get a group of HULK SMASHER’s together to take 'ya down! :wink:

it is quite fun so far, curious to see how the mid game goes!