If you've played a few games, you should be familiar with what a 1 hero coin hero is. Basically, whenever you claim a village, you have a chance making a random hero of the same race popping up who will join your collection and game for just 1 Hero Coin.
Somethings to note about these heroes that I've observed:
- Each time you use valour to claim a village, a random hero has a chance at showing up.
- Unlike the 2 Hero Coin card packs, you can only pick the hero that shows up, you don't get to choose between 3 heroes.
- You can spawn a 1 Hero Coin Hero on a settlement you claimed, abandoned and then claimed again (This might be a bug, will need Iron Helmet to say)
- You can continue to Abandon and Reclaim a settlement even when the match is over as long as there is a unit you own on top of the Settlement. (This might be a bug, will need Iron Helmet to say)
- You can spawn 1 Hero Coin Heroes on single player maps. Even on the maps before you're introduced to Hero Cards.
Because of all above, a nice trick is to constantly abandon and reclaim a settlement over and over until you spawn a 1 hero coin hero. Thanks to single player, you can farm a lot of valour and make all situations suitable for spamming taking control and abandoning a settlement.
If you do this, it's best to do this BEFORE a match ends, otherwise you will constantly need to close the Reapers Tally menu between each action.
- 2x the hero purchasing capabilities than 2 Hero Coin packs.
- If you're a premium member and are using Single Player to farm these heroes, you gain back 1 coin each win, making your farming potential even higher.
- You can reject any volunteers that pop up until a card you want shows up.
- A con to this is that you get no choice. With 2 Hero Coin card packs, you have 3 chances at getting a card you like and can pick what you want.
- It's very time consuming if you want specific cards. With 2 hero card packs, if you don't get a card you want, you still have to pick something. If you use this method to farm certain cards, thanks to RNG, you could try for hours and still not get the card you want. This is a pro for this method as you can use your Hero Coins on what you want, but it will be much more time consuming.
- It's not very good in the middle of a game. With 2 hero coin card packs, you can buy one easy in the middle of a game. With this method, you would be wasting valuable Valour in the middle of a zombie invasion.