Tournament Sign-ups

Whoops, I forgot to mention that I’m with Last Hero on this one. I absolutely don’t play Turn-based, they are just no fun at all for me, and in fact feel jarring most of the time.

The round robin idea as Alien explains it… kind of sounds ok to me, actually. I probably won’t make it very far through a single elimination tourney, but the RR style sounds like I’d have a chance, and I get to challenge everyone else without fear of instant death. Might make things more enjoyable?

But I do see how that could still end up being very, very long… so I’m ok with a standard tournament elimination bracket, as that’s what I thought we were going to get, one way or another.

1 Like

Please add my teammate and I to the 2v2 tournament.

Team…
RustyBolts and James T Kirk

I’m with Hipster in 2v2s, and I’ll enter 1v1s as well.

Still beating this dead horse? lol

if anyone would like to have me as a partner send me a PM, im not like the best but im a great workhorse :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just in case you already have a partner, I post my availability here.

Looking for a teammate.

And just I want to mention, because the “forfeited” thing mentioned by @AlienGamer, that I’m not going to be able to play more than 1-2 games at the same time. Not because the premium thing but because too busy IRL to make such commitment. I can be truly available for that number, but not more.

Will this going to work for me, or would need to play more?

It will be ok, there is no forfeit if reason.

Please drop me from the list. I’m excited at the idea of a tournament, but I thought about it some more and decided that’s a lot of real-time games to commit to. Turn based games work better for my schedule.

I’m not sure how the tournament works, but I also cannot commit to more than one (maybe 2 games at a time). I’d much prefer a bracket system where everyone plays one game at a time then advances to play the winner of a different bracket. That narrows it down faster and the tournament won’t go on for months.

1 Like

ok, then we can use brackets… we will play one game at a time, but then there will be 1 less round than there are players, so if there are 14 players there will be 13 rounds, this means to start the next round you have to wait for everyone to finish there current game. My way of doing it just means you could start your next game if time allowed you to do that, if both players agreed.

You only have to play as many 1v1 as you can handle, otherwise we are going to end up doing a single elimination tournament, where if you lose once you are out… this means your going to need a win streak of half of whatever the number of players are to win.

I think we have different ideas about what I mean by bracket. Something like this is very traditional in most tournaments. You only play one game at a time, and work your way up through harder and harder matches until there’s only one team/player left.

1 Like

That is a single elimination tournament, you can see the players who lose do not go into the next match ;p

Is that what you would prefer?? you need a large win streak just to reach the end of the tournament…

I thought that was how tournaments worked… Maybe I’m just misunderstanding the whole deal. Do losers usually advance to the next round?

only if there is a losers final, or if its a round robin, but there cant be a losers final because there you can only award one trophy, there is no silver medal to award on the game, there is just that winners trophy…

So I dont know how you would award the winner of a losers final.

I also understood the tournament as @TheLastHero. And it is a good option as it allows us to play just one game at a time.

As you can see here, we are more than one people who can’t afford the commitment of playing simultaneous real-time games. Unless you are thinking in another way of single game at a time, the elimination tournament would be better for us.

Another option could be like in the FIFA Football World Cup:

1. Split players in groups (4 groups of 4 players?)
  2. In each group each player plays against the others to define order.
  3. First and second player of each group pass to the next phase.
  4. Next phase is an elimination chart like the provided by @TheLastHero, starting with the 8 players that passed phase 1.
1 Like

the entire game is still on elimination so it might just be best to use a single elimination or stay with round robin so it is fair for all players. I dont really like making turn based games because they are in-accurate…

If the tournament is turn based I will have to drop out. As a general rule I don’t play turn based games - just not fun for me. If thats what the majority wants then it’s fine by me.

I don’t see any reason at all why we would do a round robin over a regular tournament? This will take forever if we play 14+ games to get out of round one. Single elimination is the way to go, we can always have another tournament later on.

Oh, you misunderstand lol

Its not 14 games over several rounds, a round robin is 1 game per person for each round, the number of rounds is just how many games each person will play.

So if there is 14 players it will be 14 rounds, 1 game per round for each person. Everyone will end up playing everyone once, and then you get a winner by how many points they have, so it doesn’t matter if you lose once.

1v1 should not take much longer than however long it takes you to defeat one person in a 8 player game??

Hi, can I get in on this action?

1v1 or random 2v2 matchup is good for me.

Thanks

I will resurrect the dead horse’s soul and beat that, if I have to.

1 Like