Tournament Sign-ups

Like I said, I will be able to run it. Praxus already offered to help, but if I need any more I’ll you know Victreeble.

I can’t edit the top post, but I’ll extend the signup deadline to Friday. I won’t have a chance to get all the games up and running until Saturday so we might as well let more people join.

Were 3v3 and 4v4 ever a thing? I keep seeing them mentioned but nobody has submitted a team. We might be better off with 1v1 and 2v2.

Everyone will be automatically entered into both formats unless they have already said otherwise. If you only want to be in 1 of the formats, let me know.

Jay- how do you propose I set up games that have no premium players? I did a test run just now where I created the game then quit for 2 others to join, but it wouldn’t let me start.

Huh, that could be a problem… you may have to exist in the game until after it starts, then quit. That way you’re just an AI. Or if you prefer, you could just stay on as a referee or commentator or something. I… actually find such a position enticing. Lots of roleplay potential.

But yeah, you’d have to quit after the game starts. The game maker must be in the game for it to begin.

Did I ever get in? I can play on whatever has open spots.

You’re in! I’ll put you down for 1v1 and 2v2s.

Idk Smulm, I’ll have to think about it.

I’m good for a random partner assignment, not sure if I’ve posted that yet.

[[0, 0], [5, 10], [15, 10], [40, 0], [50, 10], [40, 15], [0, 45], [5, 35], [10, 50], [40, 50], [40, 60], [50, 55], [35, 30]] “Severed Ties”
[[0, 0], [5, 10], [15, 10], [40, 0], [50, 10], [40, 15], [0, 45], [5, 35], [10, 50], [40, 50], [40, 60], [50, 55], [25, 30]] “Doorkeeper”

Here they are, but I don’t guarantee they function, although they should!

Memory serves poorly for Severed Ties, but Doorkeeper should be an X shaped galaxy, if I recall right, that is, it turns out sort of X shaped…

You have to make a custom galaxy so that you have 3 players in the 1v1, set coordinates like this [[0,0],[0,12],[100,100]]

Then the two at the start will join for 1v1, they start 12 light years apart as normal and the far galaxy setting will spread them out as normal, and the host just joins the empire that is away from them, if the furthest empire is set to close, then some stars from the 3rd empire might spawn to close to the 1v1 and may give one of them some extra easy stars… Also not that if you add 3 people to a 1v1, you need to capture more stars to win the game.

I am still debating whether I actually want to stay or not, but if I stay I am only going to end up ever doing 1v1, and the odd 64 player game, the game will be more fun when proteus comes out.

you might just have to sit in the games and just hold 1 crap star

almost like a ref

My teammate and I (RustyBolts and James T Kirk) prefer to only play in the 2v2 tourney.

I only want to enter the 2v2 format. Thanks!

All changes have been noted! Tomorrow afternoon I’ll go through and organize everything, and we can hopefully get some games going tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

Map testing now. Will have a big post soon

Is there still time to join any of the tournaments?

1v1s have already started, but the 2v2 portion won’t start for a while. Do you want me to add you to the list?

2v2 seems like an interesting idea… I’ll see if a friend of mine would like to join me.
Just wondering, when do you plan to start this 2v2 tournament and how many games will there be for each team?

I’m so tempted… :grimacing:

Anyone looking for a partner?

i would like to see a bigger game incorporated. the 3v3 sounded nice as the winning team would all get rewards as aposed in the the 2v2 the best of the losing team still gets third. this is over shadowed by the fact we get a badge however but it will suck a bit for those 1/4 peeps as apposed to 3 losers sharing in the wallow. hell we can even make it a closing final hurrah match with all random 3 person teams and the best ones that work together get the top spots and the ones that work the hardest get the better positions?

1 Like

NUC would like to join the team tourney

1 Like