Un-Official Neptune's Pride Tournament

Because it is a Google conspiracy ! :wink:

1 Like

A conspiracy to make tech that works?

We use both Google Apps and MS Office 365 at work. The Google apps work pretty much the same on all platforms, the MS ones don’t.

Ahh !! I figured out how to visibly post the hyperlink of the Google Spreadsheet, with the matches & scores.
While posting, use “pre-formatted text”.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBU108RMbCSQTE5y868G56SCyqc47kHQKlW1OakVt8

Set a bookmark to that hyperlink. I can spectate and track scores.

1 Like

Yes, I won my match.

So, who’s going to start the new games? I don’t think I can make the time…

Hey guys. I’m so sorry, recently a lot of crap has been going down in my life and I haven’t had any time to even check here or think about the tournament. I can try to get round 2 going today, but I might need somebody to cover for me afterwards. I probably won’t be playing either, I’m not sure. Again, really sorry for the delay.

I had a hunch that @TheLastHero designed his round robin matches similar to mine, yet slightly different. I then compared his scheduled matches to my match numbers, and discovered that his matches round # 1 , 2 , 3 . . . corresponded to my matches round # 3 , 4 , 5 . . . So his round numbers are offset 2 less than mine.

I have revised my charts, so now the player numbers and match round numbers all align the same as in his OP.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBU108RMbCSQTE5y868G56SCyqc47kHQKlW1OakVt8

Please check for errors, and comment.

I have merged the scores information onto the first tab with the match schedules.

1 Like

I don’t want this to die. Can someone take over for @TheLastHero?

@Smulm do you have the bandwidth?

What’s actually involved in running this?

I thought it did because i had the buy when @TheLastHero said he would at least get round 2 started. and all we need to run it at this point is someone to create maps as I personally am unable as we already have the schedules posted and even the way he was making maps i think

I was definitely considering it but then part of my ceiling fell in from storm damage, so I may not have as much free time as i had thought. :rolling_eyes:

The holidays destroy my free time. Technically I’m “free”, but family pop in constantly and I am consumed with a writing project, as I do Nanowrimo a month late, for whatever reason.

I might be able to do maps, but if so I take no responsibility for whether they are fair or not, unless it is clearly lopsided in a visible way on the map itself. Not trying to be heartless, as I know how everyone, myself included, feels about broken start positions. However, the time involved with organization might just be too much for me to keep track of.

If Victreebel could handle the Round Robin schedule, I would be more inclined to supply the maps. May not make things as stable with two people running the tournament, but at least it would start moving… I don’t want this to die either.

I’m currently five years late, and counting. :rolling_eyes:

If you of you “Puny Humans” want to go Mano-Mano against the HULK, I setup this game here.

It’s actually a 6-player circular map … I selected green on top. Someone else needs to choose Cyan at the bottom. Then we will start the game - i.e. we both have to fight through the AI’s in order to SMASH each other! :wink:

Turn-based, 8 hour jumps, 24 hours to submit … but when you are 1v1, these can go really quick.

I put a password (“np”) on the game so I can force-start it so it’s just a 1v1 … with 4 Bots.
I’ve actually never done this type of setup before, but figured what the heck, give it a shot.

Again, only ONE person should sign up (in the bottom Cyan position - send me a PM when you are in) so it’s first-come, first-serve … or first Puny Human to get SMASHED by the HULK! :wink:

@HULK are you doing the lights this year?

No lights this year - update: controllable christmas lights here! :wink:

And nobody wanted to do a 1v1 version the Jolly Green Giant? :frowning:
I deleted the game after waiting 24 hours … but if someone is interested in trying to SMASH the HULK, PM me and I can set it up again.

I did stick my nose in, but I honestly have way too many games on the go ATM (and a ceiling to get replaced). I’d be quite interested in learning some turn-based tips from you though. :slight_smile: I tend to do better in live games but I’m trying keep the majority of my games turn based for girlfriend reasons… :wink:

FYI FWIW that Victreebel and I started a turn-based 1v1 (with 4 AI Bots) match - it goes pretty darn fast when you are both submitting - here’s what the map looks like.

PM me if anyone else would like to take on the Jolly Green Giant … :wink:

We have the schedule made like twice in this thread but i will keep track of everyone’s scores and such and when they finish games

Clearly I wasn’t able to keep up with this. No excuses, I just forgot.:persevere: Many apologies everyone. I ended up consumed by Nanowrimo and didn’t remember to get on at convenient times.

That said, I actually did try to make a custom map… and realized I apparently cannot do that anymore. No map I make works, and I’ve not a clue why. If I do end up taking up the tournament, it will HAVE to be after Christmas, probably around New Years. I’m about to be hit by a storm of food preparation for the big day.:confounded:

1 Like