Un-Official Neptune's Pride Tournament

Could we use the “Two Rings” scatter method for the stars? So there is no chance one player have advantages over the other with the random distribution.

I’m currently sitting out my bye week/round, so I haven’t experienced the playing field yet. But, to weigh in on the map discussion, I’d say that the randomness is part of the game, and I’m happy to live with the hand I’m dealt.

1 Like

No, I feel that defeats the flavor of the game, as well as any creativity on the player’s side. After playing a few twin ring games I figured out the single best strategy (its honestly a formula not a strategy) to follow every single game. When I want a big win for almost no work, I create one of those Rings of Death games where its 32 players, ring galaxies in a circle. They’re all the exact same game. Rinse and repeat for victory. I played 1 and lost, then after I figured out what to do I created and won two more of them over the next few months. Now I don’t play them at all because its boring.

I do not know how @JayKyburz did this, but he made mirror maps for a tournament around 2015 JAN.

If we could do it that then that’d be awesome! We could implement it round 2, but I don’t know if we can or not.

2 Likes

My game is finished…

And I don’t like the mirroring idea. It’s just like the symmetrical games, in that both sides of the map are the same. That ends up making things easy to predict.

The map is predictable, but players and play styles are not.

3 Likes

Didn’t realise you could restart games if you had an unfair starting position. I’ll suck it up this time as I doubt I was going to win anyhow. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for organising, must have been a ball ache!

This is where we claim victory, right? I won my first round.

i cant say what i want about maps as my game is in full swing but keep the randomness in

In my game @Zoquete got 15 stars without getting any more hyper. I only got 10 stars. I"m ok with this. This is a round robin tourney. I fig in this game I got less stars. In the next I get more. It’s all good and should work out in the end. He has a big advantage but I’m not counting myself out yet. I think I still have a chance.

1 Like

This is where I’m at too.

That was the reason I asked before for a more fair distribution. It would be not a good win for me if I have the advantage.

However, I don’t know anymore if It will be a win for me, as Brand is going too stronger. I bought science at more than $200 the second tick by finger error and also he managed very well.

i almost lost my game because i F’ed up a carrier pathing and had it droping everything a star too early

oh my god, my games over, i won, i can sleep!!!

1 Like

Yea one mistake and it’s all over. @Zoquete is doing well. He’s already earned his renown IMO. I’m rewarding him all three now. What ever happens Zoquete it’s already been a good game and I thank you for that. Good luck bro.

That was fun. I agree that for Jetset, he was in harder position, since he needed a lot of hyper to gain any traction. I’m not sure if an early attack would have set me on a different path. Tough to say really.

I’m sure I’ll get a bad start in one of these games. We’all see how it plays out.

Will round 2 get posted in this same thread?

I’m thinking we should start R2 as soon as two people slated for a duel are finished with their match. The reason being that this could take a very long time otherwise. Gotta push forward as fast as possible, imo.

I agree. Looks like Praxus and I are ready whenever.

I am also ready for R2