1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 01/2021]

It was a slow burner with me eventually taking a lead with econ and then getting an extra star or two and managing to twist the edges in my favour

It took a while but I was then able to put those advantages to the centre

Good game and close affair

1 Like

@Trucriot

When is the next round?

Got no 1v1s going on currently

@Zatoc played well and it was a close one for a time. However, he took a series of key stars on our border and slowly began to push me back across the board (although I had fun resisting his march with a series of warp gate reinforcements and desperate attempts at mini-invasions). His lead in economy also became overwhelming and he made good use of carriers from early on in the game. I could’ve conceded sooner as his victory became obvious, but I wanted to play it out to learn more about the 1v1 style.

Thank you @Trucriot for setting this league up. Looking forward to the next match in the future.

Sounds like a good (gain in) experience for you guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

Next LLL round will start when this one wraps up (3 games still ongoing) - March at the latest because of the time limit.

@Trucriot

Can you set up 1 v 1 friendly games for practice?

If there’s a willing opponent, I can set up a game for you. The result will not count towards the official 1v1 ranking however.

@Trucriot of course. Thank you. I will see who is available for a friendly

I’m up for a bit of friendly practise! I could do with it after my last match…

I’m also interested in a practice round. Maybe there could be a list of people interested in practice rounds that don’t count towards standings - the bullpen 1v1 league, if you will - to have an ongoing informal league within the LLL. Although that would be extra effort in adminstrating for @Trucriot of course

While I don’t really have the capacity to administer an additional league, I’m planning to open another thread for 1v1 friendlies that should be largely self-organizing. Players with 1v1 creation rights will post map links there from time to time and interested players can join them freely when they find a willing opponent.

Hey, thanks, that sounds like a great idea

@Macomber @gaz123 @Zatoc @Slicertos1

Please refer to this 1v1 friendlies thread if you’re (still) looking for 1v1 games (outside of the tournament frame).

1 Like

Dude get a 1v1 tournament happening. I dont get the whole meaningless “endless” rounds shit. Get something proper going

What’s stopping you from running one? It’s not like we have too many 1v1 competitions going at the moment.

@BelSon
Actually, August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament and [2CC] August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament are in their final games.
The December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament quarter-finals are not finished yet. So you could say, there are 3 Tournaments still ongoing :upside_down_face:
BTW, the August and December Tournaments have started when the previous ones were just about to get to their final.

IMO, it would not be fair on the remaining players in those tournaments when we would start a next round already. They may not had the time to participate in a new round yet … so, be patient :wink:

If you wanna play some 1v1, then go and play a 1v1 Friendly. I guess it doesn‘t matter whether it‘s a tournament game or not if you just want to play a nice game. But correct me if I‘m wrong.

1 Like

@Slicertos1
If you don‘t like the idea of the 1v1 LLL, you don‘t need to play it :slight_smile:
I think a new EPIC Tournament will come ASAP.

1 Like

Dude I can’t even find the link to join whats currently going on. My expertise resides in outrageous complaints

Its just that im missing both a protest trophy and tournament trophy that would complete my badge collection. And neither are on the horizon ;(

@Slicertos1
Click here for the 1v1 Friendlies. Go to the 2nd post, choose a map to join, wait for your opponent and have a fun 1v1 game :wink:

@DarkDragonwing already said it best, but just to reiterate a few points.

Players are engaging in up to four tournament games in parallel right now, so starting another tournament would be to the detriment of players currently going deep in other ones. The LLL tries to mitigate this issue to some degree by letting all interested players participate in each round.

It’s not meaningless, it’s endless by design. Endless doesn’t mean that you’ll have a constant stream of 1v1 games back to back though, just in a regular interval. If you don’t like it, skip it. It’s a voluntary offer.

Don’t know what the protest trophy is, but there weren’t even any badges handed out yet for 1v1s. However, HULK and I are working on a proposal for Jay. Becoming a tournament champion (one of the badges in discussion) is and should stay somewhat exclusive by ensuring a strong starting field. And this closes the loop to the beginning of this post - many highly ranked players are still busy in multiple 1v1 games, even if that’s not always visible in the forum.