1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 01/2022]

Nice, we’re already at 20!

Last reminder to the contestants of the previous round who haven’t signed up yet:
@Vernitrax - @kinghuang - @OinkBark - @Kwhwwymwn - @Azo - @Bruce - @blank1

Yes @plug , it’s an absolute slug fest. While from the outside it might look like a stale made, it’s just constant battles and predictions along the vast frontline.
Love it!

Sign me up!

I’d like to join, if you can fit me in.

We are at an even number. Sign-ups are now closed.

As the Legendary Level game from the previous round is still a draw for the time being (75 to 75 stars), @plug retains his top position on the ladder, though I still hope either @FinrodFelagund or plug manage to grab the title for November eventually. Glad to hear it’s still action-packed and fun.

Settings will be LLL standard ones this round as no “crazy” setting garnered enough votes.

1 Like

Here’s the 11 match-ups (countries and Top28 world ranks shown in brackets):

1. @plug [GB-5] vs. @Solfyre [US-2]
  2. @FinrodFelagund [DE-4] vs. @DarkDragonwing [DE-6]
  3. @Dr_Gaming [RS-11] vs. @BelSon [AU-13]
  4. @Tanktress [US-12] vs. @wint3ermute [DE-8]
  5. @spymort [AU-17] vs. @Macomber [CA-15]
  6. @Lex [CA-22] vs. @Sneferu [GB-24]
  7. @MalcolmReynolds [US-21] vs. @iippabella
  8. @HabitableFiction [US] vs. @sarcophagus [28]
  9. @wfmcgillicuddy [US] vs. @Kaine
  10. @gaz123 vs. @Skilly146
  11. @AvacadoGuy vs. @Generic

Use the according link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=76

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game with your forum username within a week.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

4 Likes

Oh wow, it’s been a long time since I checked the NP2STATS site. @Dysp has done some great work to add features, gussy up the GUI and make the API updates automatic. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Indeed, without the great tool @Dysp created these tournaments would take immensely more effort.

We have our first winner of 2022 with @Lex taking the win against @Sneferu. Forgot to mention it earlier, but it would be great if the winners note their victory in the thread here so I have the date of conclusion.

Thanks for the game @Sneferu!
@Trucriot sorry about that- the date was Jan 14 if that’s still useful.

I won. Good game. Fun map. First map which forced me (and @Tanktress ) to research Hyper1 first. Center was inaccessable otherwise. I captured two isolated stars in the center ( symmetrical versions of each other ) and kept them most of the time. I like such isolated stars.
Somehow I got a massive Econ lead early on and stayed close behind with other metrics. After some time it translated to a solid lead in most metrics.
I miscalculated and lost an important star with 4 industry at a flank and some other important stars closer to the center during an offensvie. Some of them I was able to retake and pressed a counter attack which proved to be successful enough.

I just completed my first LLL game, versus @iippabella, and won by reaching the star count victory goal. My opponent posed a challenge all the way. It was an exciting game from start to finish, as we both played rather aggressively and fast-paced, and there was quite a bit of tide-turning on all fronts. Our building strategies were fairly similar, so that didn’t make much of a difference. My opponent played hard towards the center, an understandable strategy, but I managed to minimize my losses in the center while gaining some advantage at the flanks early on, and from there I slowly developed my position until the advantage was overwhelming. Good game!

Thanks for the game. I fell into my usual “didn’t buy enough economy at the start” trap yet again. I also did some miscalculations on the way but I managed to keep the game interesting nevertheless. There were times when things were looking better for me, but @MalcolmReynolds kept coming at me from both sides, so finally he managet to wear me out. Thanks for the game, it was fun.

Just accepted victory from @Kaine . He was a tough competitor, but I built up a 1000k ship lead, so it was a matter of time.

Congrats on your win. I was especially interested to see how your match would play out, because both you and Kaine have been tough players in my experience, and I would not have known who to bet on.

I’ve won against @sarcophagus. Got an early/lucky lead at the beginning and was able to hold on to it through the end. It was a fun game

How will the next round work with 11 contestants moving forward?

If there are 11 contestants for the next round, then the last one to sign up will miss out on that round. But a decent number sign up every time and @Trucriot is good at closing sign-ups with an even number of contestants. So I don’t think you need to worry much about that.

No one is eliminated… Just moving up and down the ranking ladder to determine the next match ups

Exactly! So everybody is welcome to come, stay, or go as they please each round @Generic :slight_smile:

It’s now half time and half the games are still in progress, seems like a lot of tight battles.

When the next tournament/league starts I’d like to join.