1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 01/2022]

When the next tournament/league starts I’d like to join.

@Solfyre @BelSon @Tanktress @wint3ermute @spymort @Lex @MalcolmReynolds @sarcophagus @wfmcgillicuddy @Skilly146 @AvacadoGuy @Generic @MLaZz

For all the ones who want some more 1v1s (the next LLL round will only start sometime in March), the Flying Swiss just opened its doors. Sign-ups are open until Saturday!

1 Like

I have conceded to @DarkDragonwing, thanks for the match and good luck in your future games

My 1v1’s going to last for a while yet!

Sure, there’s still a few weeks of time left in this round. However, your opponent @Macomber and a few others who are still playing signed up anyways, so might still be worth to consider it. The next Flying Swiss tournament will not come before June.

I won against @AvacadoGuy after managing to pull ahead ever so slightly over the course of almost 200 ticks in defence. Well played @AvacadoGuy!

Back at you @Generic! Well done. This is truly a game of small advantages.

Well done! Good game.

Mine and @gaz123 game just finished, tough game gaz!

I just conceded to @Dr_Gaming. It was a tough battle where every mistake either of us made was exploited by the other. In the end, Dr_Gaming made some excellent moves to catch up and pass where I was to take back control of the game for the win.

It was definitely close one. The manufacturing and industry rush near the end was more of a desperate gamble than actual plan since I was starting to fall behind significantly on economy and science. Turned out better than expected though and I had the ships to start pushing back and take the lead.

Also sorry about some of the missed turns, some circumstances in the family and a broken phone I haven’t replaced yet meant I didn’t have time to check in at all for a few days.

I just conceded game 1 and the LLL title to @Solfyre - it was a fun galaxy to play out, but some bold early moves from my opponent left me on the back foot when it came to map position, despite my stronger ship-count and science.

Thanks for the game!

Always a pleasure to play against a very tough opponent!

Which leaves @spymort and I as the last remaining duel. It has been a close match throughout the last two months - I’ve managed to keep a lead of a few stars after having a successful early game set of advances, but have lost a number of ships in the process allowing them to keep a lead in that department. After a series of aggressive moves on my part a week ago to try to break through, they have counter-attacked and the game is quite dynamic. It still remains to be seen who will be the victor!

@Trucriot, what is our timeline for finishing up the game before the next round starts?

I’d expect to open sign-ups for the new round next week, so you have about 12 days to finish your game before the seeding of the next one starts. If it’s still a tight match by then, it will count as a draw for the seeding, but if you unanimously decide to keep playing for a definite outcome, you can continue (this will be relevant for the 1v1 World Rankings).

Congrats @Solfyre on taking home a record-breaking 4th LLL title btw!

2 Likes

Results of LLL 01/2022

1. @Solfyre [US-2] d. @plug [GB-5]
  2. @DarkDragonwing [DE-6] d. @FinrodFelagund [DE-4]
  3. @Dr_Gaming [RS-11] d. @BelSon [AU-13]
  4. @wint3ermute [DE-8] d. @Tanktress [US-12]
  5. @spymort [AU-17] vs. @Macomber [CA-15] (currently 72 to 76 stars)
  6. @Lex [CA-22] d. @Sneferu [GB-24]
  7. @MalcolmReynolds [US-21] d. @iippabella
  8. @HabitableFiction [US] d. @sarcophagus [28]
  9. @wfmcgillicuddy [US] d. @Kaine
  10. @Skilly146 d. @gaz123
  11. @Generic d. @AvacadoGuy

Sign up in the linked thread for the next round! (Sign-ups for the concluded round will not carry over to the next one automatically to make sure only active players are considered in the match-ups.)

@spymort and I played a looooooooong match that just wrapped up at Tick 492 with my resignation. It was a consistently fun, tightly contested match… I started off strong and reached a lead of a handful of stars that I maintained for a good while. Up until the midpoint of the game I was pressing and even managed to snag a few more stars with big offensives. But in the process, I spent too much on warp gates and @spymort built an economic lead that they translated into an increasing advantage until we were equal in star count. Ultimately they ground away at my lines with an increasing ship advantage and took the game.

Thanks to @Macomber for the game. In the early stages I thought he had it yet I stuck to my plan and managed to hold off for long enough to turn the tide in my favour

1 Like

Crazy, well done on managing to close it out!