1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 03/2022]

Couldn’t agree more! Especially cool as our strategies have been totally different.
Hats off to @BelSon for an incredible dynamic game

Glad you guys are having a blast! I was looking forward to see how you’ll play out the map, given it’s one of the densest ones I ever managed to create.

My game with @Dr_Gaming has ended. I got out to an early star lead and then steadily gained more ground. Thanks for the game, @Dr_Gaming !

Can’t say it was the best game for me. Lost a big cluster of stars to a warp gate jump that I knew was going to happen but I didn’t expect it that cycle since the warp gate that needed to be built was on a very low resource star, should’ve just blown the warp gate on my end even then. Regardless of that gg, hopefully I can put up more of a fight next time.

I lost my game against @sarcophagus , I was holding on with a bit of an Industry lead for a while there, but they held a lead in star count for pretty much the whole game. They then grabbed a lead in science a few days ago, and from there pushed into the lead on industry too.

I think I was too cautious and didn’t expand quickly enough, and by the time I was trying to expand to the outer stars Sarc already had a strong presence there and defended it well.

A well-matched game again against @Demikus and ithe lead was not just handed over for sure :slight_smile: They posed a good and testing fight against it for sure with a weak area spotted by them as well. I figure life got into the middle of it and I would’ve had a harder time against them if not. Hope to see you again, well played @Demikus !

I have just conceded to @Lex at tick 480. It was a long and gruelling match, with both of us making many mistakes and successes. In the end, Lex managed to stop my come-back and accelerate to a point where there is no real coming back from.

Well played, and thanks for the game Lex!

Wow, thanks for the incredible game @BelSon !
As you said, lots of interesting scenarios and errors on both sides.

I also really liked the map. From my perspective what made it interesting was that the left and right sides were so unbalanced in terms of each of us having a big advantage on one side or the other. This mean that each of us had a large number of initially explored and secured stars that we struggled to retain control of… this really destabilized the game.

Another cool factor was I went more Research and you went more Econ but they seemed to balance almost perfectly for a long time…

What a lot of fun hope to play with you again

After a very even match in the early parts of the game I managed to make a lead in economy and win over @Skilly146, who unfortunately went afk here for the ending, but at that point I believe it would have been my victory either way.

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks for the interesting details about the games you shared!

Three games are still ongoing which have around three more weeks left to wrap up.

Consider signing up for the Xjhdexter Memorial 1v1 (KO) Tournament.

@MalcolmReynolds, @spymort, @Kwhwwymwn

GGs @Kwhwwymwn Thanks for the game!
After I managed to expand at a way faster rate in the early stages of the game, I managed to build up econ/sci lead and hold about 80 stars until I outnumbered you and closed in for the win.

Results of LLL 03/2022

1. @Solfyre [US-2] d. @Dr_Gaming [RS-8]
  2. @plug [GB-3] d. @wint3ermute [DE-6] (83-54, preliminary)
  3. @Lex [CA-17] d. @BelSon [AU-12]
  4. @Macomber [CA-13] vs. @MalcolmReynolds [US-18] (76-76)
  5. @spymort [AU-22] d. @Kwhwwymwn [FR-28]
  6. @Satirael [DK] d. @Skilly146 [US]
  7. @MLaZz [SI] d. @OneBlue [AM]
  8. @sarcophagus d. @Demikus [US]
  9. @gaz123 d. @tenerezu [MX]

Some of the earlier results from above are already reflected in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eipd5dtrYY - check it out if you have a minute :slight_smile:

You can now sign up in the linked thread for the next round. Sign-ups for the concluded round will not carry over automatically to make sure only active players are considered in the match-ups.

(The two ongoing matches can continue still, but the ladder positions will be determined next week.)

1 Like

@wint3ermute and I have finally finished game 2, and I managed to complete the victory as previously adjudicated. It was an epic, and thanks for the game!

Wow! So our game is officially a draw now? Serves me right for not keeping up with the forums over the last month.

And both @Macomber and I for taking so long on our turns.

Haha, we are both a little slow moving at times. It works for me!

I think that our match will still count for the rankings whenever it finishes, but it is a draw for the purposes of calculating standings for the next round of this league. Is that right, @Trucriot?

1 Like

That’s exactly right, you and @MalcolmReynolds can still fight it out for the world ranking points.

Grats @plug for securing the Legendary Level ticket for next round.

1 Like

@MalcolmReynolds has won our game as I have resigned after a great and long-running battle. As you can see from the intel screen, I had an early lead that I took with some rapid expansion and an unexpected early warp gate securing a key central star, but over time Malcolm advanced. I was able to march down one flank to secure some more stars even as he pushed back my lines in the middle. For a time, there was quite an equilibrium, but I held my lines by flashing warp gates on and off to defend his attacks, while he spent credits advancing his infrastructure. I am proud to note a last ditch attempt to take his home star that got pretty close, but it was all over by that point. Well played.

As the chart shows, it was no sleeper match. I thought I was in big trouble when you took that key central star early, but I made a strong play at the flanks that diverted enough of your ships for me to bounce back from that initial setback. And the last-ditch effort definitely caught me off-guard, but I managed to find a way to block your strike at the home star, and made some fortunate guesses about your plans throughout the game that allowed me to eventually take the lead. Well played!

1 Like