1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 05/2021]

Count me in

Great turnout so far, thanks for signing up!

Last ping to the previous contestants as a reminder: @DarkDragonwing - @ignaloidas - @SimonMiaou - @Tanktress - @gaz123

You will lose your current spot on the matching ladder if you don’t sign up for this round. However, you can re-enter whenever you like in subsequent rounds, though likely on a lower (calculated) level.

I’ll sign up as well, thanks for the reminder @Trucriot

ok ok put me in since you asked so nicely

We’re at an LLL record number of 19 people signed up right now - would be great if we get one more to allow everyone to play!

I will need to skip this one, good luck to everyone!

I’m willing to try this out.

I will take a break from LLL, still playing too much 1v1 ATM and need to focus on them :grimacing:

Awesome - then we’re at an even 20. I’ll calculate the latest ratings later tonight so all new players can get added to the ladder accordingly. If the tournament preparation with @Dysp’s tool goes well the match-ups and link to the tournament page will subsequently be posted.

Further players can still sign up as subs in case we have no-shows.

Similarly to @DarkDragonwing I’ll abstain from this round myself as I’m still busy in the other ongoing tournaments and dislike often submitting at a slow pace which my opponents already had to endure in the past weeks.

The match-ups are in and the maps created!

1. @Solfyre vs @HULK
  2. @panblanco vs @Cryptious
  3. @plug vs @BelSon
  4. @FinrodFelagund vs @Zatoc
  5. @ignaloidas vs @Lex
  6. @Dr_Gaming vs @LeDazz
  7. @Tanktress vs @Wassupsucker
  8. @Macomber vs @PurpleHazing
  9. @Coenna vs @iippabella
  10. @suedenim vs @Sneferu

Use the according link for your game in the tournament tracker - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=69

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game within a week.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

2 Likes

Great, thank you for organizing this! Let the carnage begin.
Looking forward to the brawl @Zatoc

Conceded in my game against @Lex. He played very solidly, and my mistakes managing my early economy and my mistake with warp gates that he quickly exploited led to my demise. Very nice game, congrats @Lex with the solid win.

Thanks fir the great game @ignaloidas!

Congratulations @Lex and @iippabella on your victories - hoping to see you and your opponents ready and motivated in the next round again :slight_smile:

Quick reminder @suedenim to join your game this weekend - otherwise it will be treated as a walkover for @Sneferu.

Sry - only just got the notification

@Trucriot

Not able to get the link

“The server at np2stats.dysp.info is taking too long to respond.”

https://np.ironhelmet.com/game/6619770752073728

Weird, but there you go - have fun!

@PurpleHazing fought well in their first 1v1 match. They surprised me by routing almost all of their starting ships to the centre battlefield, and almost overwhelmed my defences - I had to create a series of unplanned and early warp gates to be able to hold them off. I pulled ahead to a sizeable lead in stars at the same time. However, I didn’t have a big lead in ships yet and they had a sizeable invasion force inbound to one of our flanks! Unfortunately, they had to quit for IRL reasons before we could play it out. Well played.

I just conceded against @Plug. They played impeccably, and some careless play from me early on gave them enough local advantages to secure the star- and resource-rich front line. I could have played on, but all I saw ahead of me was a long, slow trudge towards eventual defeat, and I don’t want to fight a war of attrition, especially not one I know I’m going to lose.

So well done to @Plug, and I’ll be looking to come back in the next games.

Thanks for the game @BelSon - it was very close as all these 1v1 galaxies are, but I just got the edge somehow.