1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 07/2022]

Ha! I distinctly remember that one @Trucriot one of my first ranked games.

Now you have me wondering what the biggest upset ever was :wink:

A legendary victory, @Lex !

I have claimed victory in my game with @BattleBorn. They played well with a notably big invasion force across the void between our home stars that threw me for a spell, but I took control of both wings of the map early on and kept a steady star lead that was insurmountable towards the end. Thanks for the game.

Grats @Macomber!

That was @panblanco ending a 16-month win streak of the #1 @HULK back in the December 2020 tournament :exploding_head:

1 Like

I just managed to take the win against @MLaZz. It was a tough game. I managed to predict a few big attacks from @MLaZz correctly and my lead in econ helped me pull away after a pretty close game.

Good game @MLaZz :+1:

1 Like

GG to Satirael, was an enjoyable match with some back and forth and appreciate his patience over the first week whilst I was away.

Satirael took first blood and got a nice star lead using his prior 1v1 experience and a pesky warp gate to good effect, I had a small infra advantage but I knew it would be lost over a few cycles unless I could level the star count up.

Fortunately, I got a chance and got some ships in behind his lines and was able to disrupt his economy and logistics pipelines and whilst he fixed that and hunted down the fleets I was able to capture a couple of strategically important stars that gave me more options in attack and defence. With the infrastructure lead it was just a case of holding on to those positions and slowly applying pressure.

Map really interesting, we both probed and prodded on both flanks. I wonder if it would have been better to prioritise one over the other.

GG thanks for the game! You did very well in countering my lead, I still need to get better at spotting open stars behind the front such that I often end up forgetting. Very interesting map, and quite small, definitely made for a fun game.And a well deserved win by to you Necria!

I conceded the game to @olus2000.

Thank you for the game, and I hope you understand why I didn’t want to draw just yet. Coming up with this plan was the most enjoyable moment of the match after my eco strategy started finally paying off, and I really wanted to see how it ends up. Thank you for the game.

The only thing I have to say about the game, is I should have known there was going to be an issue on Aug 1 when you commented in the Flying Swiss 1v1 FS 6/22 thread after Kwhwwymwn took the win.

Yes, when your opponent invest a lot on economy, you have to take advantage fast enough when they don’t have a lot of ships, because if you don’t you will never be able to overpower them
The other solution is to invest more than them on eco, but for a 1v1 it’s the best way to end in a stalemate

I referenced you, @Kwhwwymwn, not for the tactics, but for the other comments made by @olus2000 in the post.

It was a fun game with a few good twists. It felt quite balanced for the first few turns and then @Karmadrome managed to sneak up on one of my stars - nice move that pushed me to reorder my forces. While I managed to retake the star it slowed me just enough that @Karmadrome was able to start pulling away more steadily.

Congrats @Karmadrome!

1 Like

Sounds like some good games, well played all around.

Interesting stuff - if the 1v1 World Champion title was decided similar to boxing and @Solfyre was the title holder at the beginning of the month, the title would now have wandered from him to @Lex to @Satirael to @Necria in quick succession. If I was Necria, I’d watch my back in the next 1v1 tournament game :stuck_out_tongue:

Resigned vs @BelSon
Just couldn’t be bothered anymore

It was a long and hard battle indeed. @spymort managed to make some early gains, but I took some risks to even out the playing field, and they paid off. Then after about 100 ticks of nothing… I took some more risks and managed to break the stalemate line. Well played @spymort, and I hope to play with you again some time!

Grats to @Lex for becoming only the 4th Legendary 1v1 Player!

Results of LLL 07/2022

@Lex [CA-5] d. @Solfyre [US-1]
@BelSon [AU-11] d. @spymort [AU-6]
@Karmadrome [GB-17] d. @MLaZz [SI-24]
@Necria [GB] d. @Satirael [DK-18]
@Macomber [CA-22] d. @BattleBorn [US]
@olus2000 [PL] d. @tenerezu [MX]
@Jubblefet d. @SpaceWolfy

You can now sign up for the next round in the linked thread. Sign-ups for the concluded round will not carry over automatically to make sure only active players are considered in the match-ups.

Congratulations @Lex ! A mighty feat.

I think you misplaced the link. The text “You can now sign up…” links to this very thread

Whoops, thanks for noting. Corrected!

(Post redacted, posted on wrong thread)