1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 08/2021]

Sign me up

RE scanning- I found that I rushed to get scanning to be able to see across the gap between myself and Macomber, and just enough stars to see how many ships he could amass if I launched an invasion, and how many ships he could launch at me and therefore how many I would have to stay behind. However in that last game as I was behind him at the start, I needed intel to know that I would be able to take my stars. Like Belson, when Iā€™m not messing around in a game, I rely on intel to make sure my attacks will be effective. And when Iā€™m unsure about my opponents forces, I know I should be more reluctant to attack, but for some reason I play more aggressive when I donā€™t have scanning and donā€™t know what they will have. Depends depends

Ah, sorry mate, already had noted you down of course. Tagged the wrong B in a hurry, meant @BOsshOgg :upside_down_face:

@Trucriot Sorry. Iā€™m shipping out at the end of August. So unfortunately, I will not be able to partake in a long tournament.

Sign me up :slight_smile:

I am open to settings changes, but i do like the basic settings alreadyā€¦ seems like the fewer variables we throw at the settings, the better in terms of fine tuning or isolating factors.

How about 1 random change for every game?

Oh and sign me up pls :slight_smile:

Agreed, Iā€™ll only change one setting this round based on the poll above and create an exit poll at the end to see how well it was received.

Good point, I think @Dysp brought this idea up a while ago, just to mix things up every round.

Iā€™ll have to give it some thought, but maybe Iā€™ll create a very basic ā€œsetting randomizerā€ that gives me 3 or 5 potentially crazy setting changes for next round (i.e., changing cost of infrastructure / techs, tech starting levels etc.) - then create a poll at the beginning of the LLL thread and the most popular one gets implemented just for one round :smiley:

Iā€˜ll skip this one but ping me for the next round!

Count me in please!

Random changes are an interesting idea. I know we are trying to ā€œoptimizeā€ the settings for a clean, fast, 1v1 mano y mano challenge. But there are lots of settings that would be ā€œfineā€. It might be an interesting challenge to know that every month there is a new twist.

Sounds fun, count me in

Thanks to the 18 players who signed up so far!

Last reminder to the following ones: @FinrodFelagund - @Karmadrome - @Cryptious - @Tanktress - @Dr_Gaming - @ignaloidas - @Red_5 - @Slicertos1 - @LeDazz - @Zatoc - @PurpleHazing - @Coenna

Gunna give this one a miss sorry. Might join for the next one :slight_smile:

Already in two games which wonā€™t be ending any times so. Iā€™ll have to skip out on this one,do tag me when the next one starts though.

Seemed you missed meā€¦ and others

The pings are just reminders to the previous participants who have not replied yet. Wouldnā€™t want to spam anyone unnecessarily, the next ping to players already signed up will be the match-ups :wink:

Iā€™m gonna give this a miss this time round

Ah I understand

1 Like

With 6/12 voters voting for it, Weapons 4 was slightly ahead of the other options, so weā€™re gonna give it a try this round!

Hereā€™s the match-ups:

1. @Solfyre [1] vs. @panblanco [9]
  2. @plug [5] vs. @BelSon [14]
  3. @Lex [17] vs. @spymort [22]
  4. @Macomber [25] vs. @suedenim [19]
  5. @Sneferu vs. @iippabella
  6. @4up vs. @OinkBark
  7. @olus2000 vs. @HabitableFiction
  8. @kinghuang vs. @RhysOnasi
  9. @gaz123 vs. @Wassupsucker

Use the according link I provided for your game in @Dyspā€™s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=71

Password is 1vs1 - please join your game with your forum username within a week.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

2 Likes

I still cant access the dysp website :frowning: