1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 10/2021]

Would love to join in a future round please. Just played my first 1v1 friendly and it was great.

@kinghuang Sorry - had to bow out early. Real life is taking too much of my time.

Good game though

Thanks for the game! Take care.

I’m still in the middle of my game vs @Macomber, and I must say I like the WG addition, as it allows for faster transport of ships and thus more battles. However, I feel there are far too many warp gates on the board, maybe try Rare Gates another time? I imagine that it would lead to more strategic decisions as to where you should build your own WG, rather than just making everywhere immediately accessible.

Yes, thanks for the input! I was already planning on putting the “rare warp gates” option into the poll for permanent addition next round given the positive feedback in the exit poll, but also the described messiness by some :slight_smile: Also, it will definitely be activated in the “fast” tournament I’m currently working on.

Yeah, the number of warp gates in this round was just bewildering. But, rare could work out nicely!

our (Gissni and me) game has been very close since the start and since it would have taken ages to make a decisive move, we both agreed on a draw

There is a new tournament mode for those who want to participate in a time-limited multi-round 1v1 tournament. Only 16 spots are available - check it out now!

Pinging the 30 participants of the most recent LLL round.

@Dr_Gaming
@Kwhwwymwn
@Macomber
@Sneferu
@kinghuang
@Gissni
@gaz123
@Gabrio
@plug
@olus2000
@Jockandmope
@limemaster
@HabitableFiction
@4c6f6c
@iippabella
@panblanco
@FinrodFelagund
@csessh
@Lex
@suedenim
@DarkDragonwing
@spymort
@Bruce
@Dizzy_pink
@Tanktress
@Grzejnikki
@Argus
@Vernitrax
@SUP
@BelSon

Sorry - too many other commitments :frowning:

Next round hopefully

Game 2 has concluded. It was an all out early to mid game brawl.
@panblanco capitalized nicely on a few early mistakes on my part. Leading to a slight lead in stars.
I decided to change my (research) strategy from eco focus to industry allowing me to push ahead in ship count. At the same time I believe he bought some additional warp gates early pressuring me on the flanks while I still needed time to get my ship lead to the front.
Eventually I was able to contain his attacks while setting a strong and continuously reinforced push through the middle with superior fleet numbers.
Thank you for the great match it was really close and action packed.
It’s now 1 to 1 in matches and I already look forward to the next fight.

I managed to edge out @spymort - I pulled a few tricks with the gates, and got my nose slightly in front at the start. Thanks for a fun game.

Definitely pulled a few sly moves on me there. I would forget that you have gates too… GGs, hope if theres ever a third time we cross paths that it may result… differently…

@BelSon won our match by playing a strong, steady game. He took a central key star early in the match and I was never able to dislodge him as he marched inexorably closer to my core area. I did some good work nibbling around the edges of the map but it made no difference. I’d say a key mistake I made was going for Range 4 early in order to access my rear stars - while this was quite satisfying, BelSon took that time to research more directly useful techs like manufacturing and get a lead in ships. Well played!

There were indeed some stars that took range 4 to access, and while I went for range 2 first, @Macomber got range 4 at least 2-3 cycles before I did.

Macomber made a strong initial presence in the middle, but that left him weak towards the edges where I took a hold. Then while he was slowly making headway on the edges, I made faster progress in the middle, constantly pushing and at one point making a far jump to one of Macomber’s gates.

Thanks for the game!

1 Like

So, my match just ended. I won. It was one epic game. @HabitableFiction was one of the toughest opponents I have ever played against. We had a lot of great strategic moments in our game. I have lost count of how many times the lead has changed.

I assume, we now go to the next round maybe? Not sure how the brackets for this tournament are set up.

Grats on the win! We still have one out of the 15 games ongoing where it looks like @DarkDragonwing is ahead of @Sneferu. If they don’t mind, I can open sign-ups for the next round tomorrow and take a preliminary result into account while they play it out if they have not finished within the next week.

Yep. @DarkDragonwing is likely to win our match. Go ahead with the next round for sure.

Results of LLL 10/2021

1. @plug [5] d. @spymort [11]
  2. @FinrodFelagund [7] d. @panblanco [6]
  3. @BelSon [18] d. @Macomber [12]
  4. @DarkDragonwing [17] d. @Sneferu [25] *
  5. @Dr_Gaming [19] d. @Lex [24]
  6. @Tanktress [26] d. @olus2000 [21]
  7. @kinghuang d. @suedenim [27]
  8. @iippabella d. @gaz123
  9. @Kwhwwymwn vs. @Gissni (draw)
  10. @Gabrio d. @Jockandmope
  11. @limemaster d. @4c6f6c
  12. @csessh d. @Dizzy_pink
  13. @Argus d. @Grzejnikki
  14. @Vernitrax d. @SUP
  15. @Bruce d. @HabitableFiction
    *) preliminary

Sign up in the linked thread for the next round! (Sign-ups for the concluded round will not carry over to the next one automatically to make sure only active players are considered in the match-ups.)

@Sneferu just conceded and I claimed victory. He played very well and it was a tough match. Luckily, I managed to launch some succesful attacks on his warp gates and put some pressure on him.

Wishing him good luck for his future games and I am looking forward to meet him again!

1 Like

Well played @DarkDragonwing . Look forward to a rematch sometime soon.