1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 11/2021]

Sneferu and I have finished are match, with me pulling out a win.
a very close match with me almost losing my home star. That
did leave a wound in his defense that i was able to capitalize on.

thank for the game
Honor has found you on the battlefield

Well played @Tanktress. Really enjoyed that game. Look forward to a rematch sometime in the future. :pray:

Grats both on being the first to finish!

Reminder to @Bruce to submit as it seems like you missed your first turn.

If @Azo doesn’t show up by Saturday, we will have an open slot to play versus the 1v1 newcomer @blank1. If you are reading this and are interested to fill in, please shout. This may very well be the last chance of this year to participate in an NP2 1v1 tournament game.

And my game vs @Kwhwwymwn just ended, I managed to get a win :slight_smile:

I learned my lesson from the last 1v1 and spent way more time on planning first and second cycle, so I managed to get slight lead in the centre, that allowed me for good defensive battles and warp/eco advantage that eventually snowballed into capturing homestar, just for a second, but after that I managed to apply enough pressure to get my stars count to win.

Really fun game, thank you @Kwhwwymwn for that one, I hope to meet you one day again :slight_smile:

@Trucriot I’d be happy to fill in vs @blank1. Just ping me if required.

Well, @Dr_Gaming crushed me in our round and took his victory like taking candy from a child.

I had previously been experimenting with a ‘Fast Start’ approach, beginning with Range 2 and building several warp gates at the start to speed ships to the front and explore backwater star regions. There’s something there but I can’t get it to work. Although I lost in rounds against @kinghuang and others with this approach, instead of wisely learning my lesson and playing more conservatively, I decided to double down with MOAR WARP GATES… and lost much more quickly. I built three off the bat, while Dr Gaming started with terra 2 and invested his funds wisely like the Warren Buffet of NP2. I did reach a 10 star lead on him for a moment, and was attacking across the map. I was over-extended, however, and he launched a big attack on a key star that I would lose. I placed two warp gates to get a fleet there in time to defend it! Although I kept that star for a while, my fateful and foolish placement of a total of FIVE warp gates before I even got terra 2 destroyed my economy to a pitiful level. The rest of the game played out predictably as Dr Gaming outmuscled me in every category and pushed me back across the board.

As I said to him in the game chat: “Warp gates are so fun, and in this turn based mode, they have this instant effect that is kind of addictive, so I am drawn to experimenting with them. But they just rarely seem to actually work or be a good idea. And they hold such risk that I tend to delete them before I need to… Also, keeping up with your opponent’s infrastructure building is so important in this mode. It is so clear in this match that I’ve blown a bunch of credits on warp gates while you’ve been investing your funds more wisely. I don’t know how to get around that fundamental disadvantage you get into by building the warp gates… the tactical advantage brought by building the gate has to somehow be worth it, like you deliver the killing blow that knocks out the other player. But that doesn’t happen often.”

Alrighty, As you request this is me signing up to play a game incase there is a no show. :smiley: @Trucriot

Do you need anything further from me?

Unexpected real-life crisis. It will be a very busy week for me. I missed the first 2 turns. I am so sorry. I have conceded. Good luck.

No worries, real life always comes first. Thanks for the quick info.

Grats to the winners @Vernitrax and @Dr_Gaming, and thanks for the detailed insights @Macomber.

Nothing further needed (just your flag ideally :p) - if @Azo does not sign up within 24 hours, you can jump into the game against @blank1.

Thanks for the offer! I like to let 1v1 newcomers play against each other first in this format when possible. However, if @OinkBark is interested (who didn’t get to play much this round), I could set you two up for another LLL game!

Okay I have stepped in to fill the spot! Thanks! @blank1 I will submit my turn here shortly. :slight_smile:

Also @Trucriot I will use the normal United States flag, thanks.

Our game is over, I claimed the win. Interesting map, basically a fairly dense middle but with plenty of stars on the wings for tempting flank attacks. The random gates formed a perfect parallelogram around the center of the map, and by getting scan and range first I was able to claim them all, and held on for dear life. I built just one gate, on my hw, and was able to get plenty of ships where I needed. Once I had enough range I focused on ind and manu, and kept a ship count lead the entire game. Which I needed as @Skilly146 contested fiercely every round!

It was a fun game. That early lead really did kill me, well played!

I just conceded to @Solfyre. I took an early lead in ships and science, but had poor expansion defence, leading to Solfyre making great gains on the front line stars. I never managed to claw back, with Solfyre managing to predict my every move, make constant gains, and end up matching and exceeding my infrastructure counts.

Thanks for playing @BelSon ! It was a fun match. You had some nice moves early on that flummoxed me. The warp gates were my friends which I think is what swung the game.

Me and @gaz123 'S game has ended with me coming out on top. After a rocky start on my end, I managed to claim the high resource center stars with some well placed/convenient warp gates and stick out by playing primarily defensively

@blank1 conceded and I won our game. good game, twas fun

Yes it was a good game! @HabitableFiction played really well. Need to practice my end game more I think! :upside_down_face:

While some games are still ongoing, here’s the exit poll on this round’s setting change:

What would be your preference for future LLL rounds?
  • Rare Random Gates (as in this round)
  • No Random Gates (as in previous rounds)
  • No preference

0 voters

I’d be interested to try a game with unlocked weapons