1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 11/2021]

@Sneferu and @gaz123 - sorry, messed up the link. Please sign up in the new thread, thanks.

@FinrodFelagund and I are up to tick 468 in our top table game in this LLL, and itā€™s still in the balanceā€¦ very close, and very enjoyable.

Glad to hear! Especially the enjoyable part :wink:

It appears that the race is on for sci level 450, after which it is rumored that the Nova bomb goes active and takes out the other guyā€™s hw. Thatā€™s the only way this game will end, it seems!

Fair point, 552 ticks at this point - an epic battle for sure. @FinrodFelagund and @plug - is the situation still fluid in your eyes or do you unanimously want to call it a draw?

Itā€™s almost a stalemate I feel, although as I have two more stars I feel justified in not making the first move. Can I claim a victory if it goes 100 ticks with no attacks at all (this will be the case soon)? Or is it judged to be a draw? I canā€™t remember what the parameters of the LLL are.

Either way, itā€™s been an epic game!

That rule was introduced in the Flying Swiss (somewhat more nuanced there) while in the LLL this was the addition in January:

For the previous round this doesnā€™t matter. However, youā€™re already in overtime anyways so Iā€™d welcome the decision to call a draw (you guys still have the game for the title from the first Flying Swiss to play). That is, if you think itā€™s stalemated. Else you should make a move for a more decisive lead. The idea behind the draw rule is to avoid the slight leader in a game being able to stall towards a victory, which Iā€™m sure isnā€™t the case here anyways.

A further week has passed without comments and weā€™re at 576 ticks (and over a month overtime), so I think itā€™s time to call this game a draw. @plug has the slight star advantage, while @FinrodFelagund has a commanding economy lead. Well played both!

Hope you guys can settle this on a fresh (Flying Swiss final) court over at Neptune's Pride: Game 6008876707872768.

I was about to post a message saying that the game has just opened up again, with some big attacks - so if youā€™re happy to play it out @FinrodFelagund then I definitely am as well. Itā€™s still nicely balanced, but I foresee a genuine result before too long now.

Hope thatā€™s OK @Trucriot ?

If itā€™s fine with @FinrodFelagund too, then okay. I just donā€™t want that game to keep any of you guys hostage any further, would rather have you focus on your other games that show more promise of a clear outcome (or new tournaments even).

Who attacks first looses in a close match like this. Also unfortunately I have too much in IRL going on to continue, therefore I have conceded all my ongoing matches and will leave the game for the next couple of weeks /months
Thanks for the great games to all.

Going out with a bang! But yeah, still wishing we could implement some automatic ā€œlevel-upā€ mechanic for Weapons based on ticks passed to increase the chances of resolving hard stand-offs. (@JayKyburz :eyes:)

1 Like

or maybe just a hard stop at a certain number of ticks, whoever has the most stars wins.

A hard tick stop victory has problems because it incentivizes prolonged passive play by players leading in stars. With general time limits and draw mechanics in the tournaments Iā€™m trying to work around that.

1 Like

Looks like @FinrodFelagund has conceded in my LLL game with him - it was a very close galaxy right through. Thanks for the game.