1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 12/2022]

Ah, good memory, you’re correct.

And no rush, see you when you’re able to join. All the more time for my early game plotting.

I have conceded to @Skilly146. I thoroughly enjoyed the competition and the quick pace. Unfortunately for me, I did not pay close enough attention with some of my warp gates and @Skilly146 was able to capitalize. While I was able to plug the hole, it was too late. Well done @Skilly146!!

Thank you @tenerezu! I saved more money in the first cycle which allowed me to buy much more eco then tenerzu, which I turned around and put into science. That allowed me to get a quick lead on manufacturing and keep a constant push on our border. Tenerzu played well and stopped me before I did to much but it left their western flank vulnerable which I was starting to capitalize on. Good game Tenerzu, it was fun

I managed to edge out @Lex in game 1 - it was close-fought, but in the end my Science lead gave me the ship-production I needed to turn it round. Thanks for a great game!

Thanks for the great game Plug!

Looking back I would have changed a few more things in how I adapted to this rounds crazy special rules. Plug prioritized Econ not Ind compared to me and I believe it paid big dividends.

It was definitely strange having TF9 from the start, and not much cash to begin with - each Carrier I bought in the opening rounds felt like a major income sacrifice.

@panblanco and I have finished with him conceding. He got at early star lead, controlling more of the edge center stars. I think he had trouble holding the as the supply lines were long. I was able to slowly claw back the lead and controlled the middle which put him in a bad spot.

I was worried with the cheap settings Pan would be able to hold his star lead by building up his industry locally. Luckily for me a lot of those stars happened to be lower resource ones. Although TF9 negated that a bit.

Thanks for the game @panblanco !

Grats @Skilly146 and @Solfyre, and congratulations @plug for reclaiming the title! This round certainly called for lots of tactical reconsiderations, always gotta stay on top of your game in the LLL :wink:

Great game @Solfyre! As always :slight_smile:

I didn’t ever really settle on what I was trying to get done. That just wont cut it against Solfyre as we all know. Well deserved win. I wish I would have made a few different choices :slight_smile:

I have claimed victory in my match against @Akika , unfortunately it seems they were AFK for part of it, but I’d like to think that the lead I got in early economy would have carried my to victory none the less. The high terraforming vs. low start credits really made me have to think about how many carriers i wanted to open with, as every one of them would end up costing 3-5 pieces of econ in the first cycle, and my early econ lead came from building fewer carries than my opponent, but utilizing the very cheap econ builds.

I just claimed victory against @MLaZz. I think I went for a similar strategy to @Satirael, building only the carriers that would open up more stars for economy purchases in the first cycle. From there I was able to ramp up my economy to the point where I was able to maintain a 25% lead over MLaZz, plus slowly getting ahead in ships and technologies. Our galaxy was in an approximate diamond shape with 9-star arms coming off the middle points, and when MLaZz claimed both arms, I was worried that it would hurt me, but my advantages elsewhere proved to be enough to overcome this.

I was not taking cheap Industry and Terra9 enough into account. Usually with a 10+ star lead one has pretty good chances even when behind in economy. But these rule changes meant there was industry built on more or less every star.
It was impressive (and terrifying) to see how strong @BelSon’s Economy was getting.
Congrats on a great game and victory!

I have claimed victory against @Lorentz, gg well played

1 Like

Grats to the winners. I think @SimonMiaou was also victorious. Do remember to post about it next time as otherwise it may not be considered a win in the 1v1 World Rankings.

Sorry about that, I though Bewildered_Baker was gonna write here.

I have defeated @gaz123 in a very close match. Well played! I think we both learned a lot.

Yes it was a good game and a deserved win for AStonedApe!

1 Like

Finally finished my 1v1 with @Macomber

Early game we matched in centre but I was slightly ahead in economy, ships and science. I made the first move and it paid off, and I was able to hold and grow that lead until the end.

I could have played it a bit better, for there was a time where I was launching indiscriminately across my front to his and only really losing ships and only took one or two stars from doing this. Then I doubled down on a couple areas, and made gains there until I just had too much that I could go wherever I wanted

GG

Well played, spymort. We had a pretty even game for a time with some back and forth in the centre but then spymort was able to capitalize on his advantage and push through to the victory.

Perhaps not the finest challenge I’ve given to spymort in our ongoing series of games, haha, I had some semi-random attacks along the flanks that accomplished little and wasted ships earlier in the game. I think I made a few mistakes in the centre in my decision-making in how I chose to advance or defend at different points.

Anyways it was a fun game, thanks spymort.

Results of LLL 12/2022

1. @plug [GB-3] d. @Lex [CA-5]
  2. @Solfyre [US-1] d. @panblanco [US-6]
  3. @BelSon [AU-8] d. @MLaZz [SI-19]
  4. @spymort [AU-10] d. @Macomber [CA-22]
  5. @Satirael [DK-18] d. @Akika [HU-27]
  6. @Nat20 [21] d. @Lorentz [28]
  7. @Skilly146 [US] d. @tenerezu [MX]
  8. @SimonMiaou [EU] d. @Bewildered_Baker
  9. @AStonedApe [CCA] d. @gaz123

The next chance to fight on the next level for everyone - sign up here: 1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 03/2023]

(sign-ups do not carry over automatically from this round)