1v1 Legendary Level League [LLL 12/2022]

That’s one clever hat trick! And nice pick-up on my typo - I knew it didn’t sound right, but couldn’t work out what was wrong about it.

For those still wondering, I meant to say “I’d like to throw my hat into the ring again.”

Sign me up!

@Bewildered_Baker has troubles with the forums, so he signed up via Discord. That means we have one more spot available.

We’ll start the round either way fresh and ready in the new year :slight_smile: Get there well and safely.

Ready

Nice. Sign-ups are closed then, I will prepare the maps and match-ups as soon as possible.

Haha, agree on the taking part part, but especially in the LLL there shouldn’t usually be a cannon fodder scenario :smiley:

Happy new year!

Here are the 9 match-ups based on my calculations (countries and Top28 world ranks shown in brackets):

1. @Lex [CA-5] vs. @plug [GB-3]
  2. @Solfyre [US-1] vs. @panblanco [US-6]
  3. @BelSon [AU-8] vs. @MLaZz [SI-19]
  4. @Macomber [CA-22] vs. @spymort [AU-10]
  5. @Satirael [DK-18] vs. @Akika [HU-27]
  6. @Nat20 [21] vs. @Lorentz [28]
  7. @tenerezu [MX] vs. @Skilly146 [US]
  8. @SimonMiaou [EU] vs. @Bewildered_Baker
  9. @AStonedApe [CCA] vs. @gaz123

Use the according map link I provided for your game in @Dysp’s tournament tracking tool - press the hyperlink symbol to the right of the names:
https://np2stats.dysp.info/tournament.php?tournament=86

Password is 1v1 - please join your game with your forum username by January 7 and post in the forum if you win to be considered in the world rankings.

The special settings for this round as determined by the poll in the OP are Terraforming Level 9, cheap industry, and 250 starting cash. Take these changes into consideration for your strategies :wink: Good luck and have fun everyone!

@spymort vs @Macomber round 4?

Haha I’m not counting, but if so it seems like you guys are drawn to each other :smiley:

Just how it works out as it seems theres not many people between #10 and #20 who actively play

Haha, yes, this will be round 4, and the record stands at 3-0 in @spymort’s favour… so, wish me luck in breaking the trend!

Good luck!

Yeah, a tough mountain to climb above that, so takes determination to keep pushing.

I do believe that our first encounter resulted in a tie, so the record is only 2-0.

Edit: Also, I may be a bit delayed in my joining but I will definitely join either Wednesday or Thursday.

Ah, good memory, you’re correct.

And no rush, see you when you’re able to join. All the more time for my early game plotting.

I have conceded to @Skilly146. I thoroughly enjoyed the competition and the quick pace. Unfortunately for me, I did not pay close enough attention with some of my warp gates and @Skilly146 was able to capitalize. While I was able to plug the hole, it was too late. Well done @Skilly146!!

Thank you @tenerezu! I saved more money in the first cycle which allowed me to buy much more eco then tenerzu, which I turned around and put into science. That allowed me to get a quick lead on manufacturing and keep a constant push on our border. Tenerzu played well and stopped me before I did to much but it left their western flank vulnerable which I was starting to capitalize on. Good game Tenerzu, it was fun

I managed to edge out @Lex in game 1 - it was close-fought, but in the end my Science lead gave me the ship-production I needed to turn it round. Thanks for a great game!

Thanks for the great game Plug!

Looking back I would have changed a few more things in how I adapted to this rounds crazy special rules. Plug prioritized Econ not Ind compared to me and I believe it paid big dividends.

It was definitely strange having TF9 from the start, and not much cash to begin with - each Carrier I bought in the opening rounds felt like a major income sacrifice.

@panblanco and I have finished with him conceding. He got at early star lead, controlling more of the edge center stars. I think he had trouble holding the as the supply lines were long. I was able to slowly claw back the lead and controlled the middle which put him in a bad spot.

I was worried with the cheap settings Pan would be able to hold his star lead by building up his industry locally. Luckily for me a lot of those stars happened to be lower resource ones. Although TF9 negated that a bit.

Thanks for the game @panblanco !

Grats @Skilly146 and @Solfyre, and congratulations @plug for reclaiming the title! This round certainly called for lots of tactical reconsiderations, always gotta stay on top of your game in the LLL :wink: