Speed Runs to capture 66% of Stars - post your finishes in the thread and I’ll update this.
289 ticks by @HULK on 2022_10_07
385 ticks by @MalcolmReynolds on 2022_10_09 - very respectable for first try!
Some may remember that a while ago (LOL way back in 2016 per links here - here - here), I created some “Twin-Ring cluster” maps where you were surrounded by Robots and had to fight your way to victory. While doable, it’s not easy when it is 1v7 … or 1v24 … or 1v32.
So for grins, I tried the 1v6 cluster map again - was curious to see how quickly I could defeat the Robots and capture 66% of the stars. I did it in 368 ticks … but made some mistakes … so figured I’d try another speed run. It took me about six hours to play … but I was able to win in 296 ticks - I’ll post screenshots of that in the next post.
If you want to try to “set a record”, here’s how to create the game with the modifications to the defaults.
- Set a password (so someone doesn’t join)
- Change Stars for Victory from 50% to 66%
- Change Players from 8 to 7
- Change Dark Galaxy to Disabled (since you need to pick the center position)
- Change Galaxy Type from Random Hex to Custom
- Change Star Scatter from Random Scatter to Twin Rings
- Coordinates [[0,0],[-11.99,0],[11.99,0],[-5.995,10.39],[5.995,10.39],[-5.995,-10.39],[5.995,-10.39]]
- Change Starting Stars from 6 to 1
- Change Game Time from Real Time to Turn Based
- Join game and Force Start it
If you want to try with $3,000 Starting Cash, see this thread.
Note: There is some sort of bug such that if Expimentation is set to ZERO and non-researchable, the Robots end up not complete ANY tech - see thread here.
You are allowed to do “anything” - i.e. trade tech/cash with the Robots, create Warp Gates, etc.
It’s a kinda goofy playing against the Robots … but if you want a fast-paced game, you never have to wait for them to submit!
My strategy is to focus on Science/Weapons, overwhelm one Robot at a time and then move to the next one, and watch your star count early on, since once you take the lead, they all start attacking you plus you can no longer tech trade with them.
There may be “better” ways to play - give it a shot and let is know along with posting your results!