I recently started this thread where you go 1v6 against the Robots … but thought it might be interesting to start the game with $3,000 in cash … makes for a wilder game.
If you want to try to “set a record”, here’s how to create the game with the modifications to the defaults.
- Set a password (so someone doesn’t join)
- Change Stars for Victory from 50% to 66%
- Change Players from 8 to 7
- Change Dark Galaxy to Disabled (since you need to pick the center position)
- Change Galaxy Type from Random Hex to Custom
- Change Star Scatter from Random Scatter to Twin Rings
- Coordinates [[0,0],[-11.99,0],[11.99,0],[-5.995,10.39],[5.995,10.39],[-5.995,-10.39],[5.995,-10.39]]
- Change Starting Stars from 6 to 1
9. Change Starting Cash from $500 to $3,000
- Change Game Time from Real Time to Turn Based
- Join game and Force Start it
You are allowed to do “anything” - i.e. trade tech/cash with the Robots, create Warp Gates, etc.
It’s a kinda goofy playing against the Robots … but if you want a fast-paced game (with built-out happening quickly due to the $3,000 starting cash), you never have to wait for them to submit!
Give it a shot and post your results and I’ll update ths speed run results.