2vs2 Tandem K.O.M battle---who dares to play?

The team of @HULK + @SuperDave vs you + your buddy = to battle for the imaginary crown of Tandem K.O.M of Neptune Pride. Which two players/allies think they can take us down and rule with an iron fist?!?

This isn’t a tournament. It’s more the idea that whichever duo wins will then take on the next team on the list if there are some. The losing team goes to the back of the line if they dare try again.

I’m looking for strong players who can work well as allies. It’d be nice if your team could commit to the idea of submitting regularly. I’d like to do a cycle every 2 days (3 moves total). That would move the game along but also give all of us time to personally message our ally and plan moves & strategy. If you can’t commit to that, then please don’t sign up. If there is one player among the 4 of us who is consistently slow then it will frustrate everyone.

The rules and parameters will be like 1vs1 games, namely:

—Weapons start at Level3 and are LOCKED (whoever gets W4 first has a too-big-of advantage)
—Experimentation is LOCKED at Level1 and Manufacturing is Expensive to Research
—EPIC (64 stars/player) Galaxy with Far Distances----we may do 32 stars/player depending on how the galaxy is created. We did this in some prior experimental games and it worked well. What do others think?
—HomeStar is 20/20/4 rather than 5/5/1
—Starting Cash is $2000 (don’t spend it all at once!)----should we do $1000 each player instead since there are two players per team?
—You start with ONE star that has 50 ships

The Map is MIRRORED … so you each have IDENTICAL starting positions.
Real-time games favor those who are willing to forgo sleep, so the play is the default 8 ticks/jump turn-based.

If someone is interested then find a partner and let’s then work out the small details and then go for it!

1 Like

Oh shit, that’s tempting. Let me contact my associate.

Is it possible for a 4 player circular map to be MIRRORED ?

Here’s a decent 4-player mirrored circular map that looks pretty playable.
I signed up as Green and @SuperDave will join either player next to me … with our opponents across the galaxy. A few minor additions to the parameters/rules.

• Allies should align at the start of the game (it’s only $150 and you both have $2000)
  • Trade cost is $50/level … i.e. it’s gonna cost 'ya!

Please double check the params to be sure I got 'em right and/or any other suggestions?

I remember you @dakotahawkins as a worthy foe … so yea, grab someone equally experienced and lets go at it to see who is “King of the Hill” :wink:

My friend’s going on vacation so he doesn’t want to do this one. Maybe we can get in on a future game, sounds like fun.

I’d be interested if I can persuade someone to join with me. I can only handle one game at a time these days due to other commitments, so it’s this or the 1v1 thing.

I just bumped the 1v1 thread … so we’ll see what happens there.

BTW, I think for 2v2, it would be helpful (even in turn-based games) if both allies are in the timezone. I believe that @SuperDave is in the US like me … but I’m pretty sure that @Karmadrome is in Europe.

Yes Europe, but I don’t think the time zone matters as much in TB games…

I am seeing @Tr0n will do it with me :-).

@nick.muzzio—that would be awesome! If it ends up being a fun game/concept, we can always rotate us around and create a different combo for teams. I really like the 1vs1, but I’d also like to play some team games again too.

Agreed @SuperDave! I would be into another alternating 3vs3 game as well (where you enemies on both sides of you). I am sure I can gather the troops.

@nick.muzzio I’d be up for 3vs3 also.

Are you still looking for teams?

@EriccaJonquil !!! Jeez, where have you been? I haven’t seen you for ages!
I’ll happily join you in a 2v2 or 3v3 if you’re looking for a team.

I should add, count me out for this round as I’m currently kicking ass in Proteus.

Needed a break, for my sanity :wink: It’s been about 4 years. My 1st game back is just about to wrap up and so far you’re the only bff I’ve talked to. I’d love to team up when you’re done kicking it in Proteus. Maybe you could give a tour of Proteus sometime too!

OK @Tr0n is in @HULK & @SuperDave. Let’s start tomorrow. Please send us the password.

@nick.muzzio and there was me thinking you’d want to snuggle up with me for one of these :stuck_out_tongue:
Good luck against a very stong pairing.

@EriccaJonquil give me a shout if you want to dust off the old alliance

@Karmadrome I would be game for the 3vs3, so let me know when u have time and we try again in a 3vs3 with you and @EriccaJonquil next time.

Sounds like a plan