64p Player Maps

So we’re a little over a month in to 64p and I think I’ve played or joined 5 so far. As far as I can see, every 64P game so far has used the same map (cgs_starfield_xjhdecters_quad_flower).

Frankly, it’s getting a little samey. There’s some interesting things about the map design, but it is by no means perfect, and the random map element to 32p was quite fun as different maps played quite differently. The quad flower pattern tends to encourage alliances to go their own way with maybe 2 people working closely together.

Is it intended that we are now stuck with the same map from now until the end of time? If so, could it not be and could we get a new map and some more frequent rotations please? :stuck_out_tongue:

Bring back the 32p! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hopefully Jay can implement custom galaxy three neighbors map 64E .

1 Like

I am curious. Please tell me more from your perspective. I agree it is not perfect. There were trade-offs that could not be helped.

@xjhdexter Nothing really, I just don’t think there is such a thing. Map “features” become bugs when you play them every game in a row! Those trade-offs are interesting when there’s a map rotation and you need to adapt play, and start to drag when you play the same map over and over again.

For instance I’m finding the narrow paths seem to force players into a very obvious expansion route until they come to place that the flowers meet. This seems to me to have made most alliances to be primarily tech-trading and watching each other’s backs - I have not seen a lot of the more interesting collaboration (e.g. building a route to get support, or attacking the same opponent on two different fronts) that we got more frequently in some of the 32p maps that were in the rotation.

But just to be clear… I don’t object to the map at all, I just think the game is fresher when we get a variety.

2 Likes

My vote would be to rotate both 32s and 64s. Maybe every 3rd or 4th was a 64p.

you can make 32 player maps if you want to play them.

I have one filling up now. Dark Galaxy though.

1 Like

Yep, Im currently playing The Last Heros 32p game atm.

1 Like

Actually, most of us lowly humans cannot it’s only special people with special rules that get to make 32p :wink:

I can make more 32ps lol. Just tell me the rules you want. I can use the tournament setting so I don’t have to join all of them