April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

When we have another 1v1 tournament, I’ll try to remember to ping this thread.

Speaking of which, here’s an update on the current game.
@MalcolmReynolds now leads 85-81 over @Karmadrome in tick #288.

The winner will advance against @nick.muzzio … and from there, onto the Finals against the Jolly Green Giant! :wink:

1 Like

I’ll also join the next tourney! Ping me if I miss the post please!

…and against all the odds @Karmadrome takes the lead :rofl:

Seriously though, @MalcolmReynolds has played a great game and I have the cuts and bruises to show.
I’m still just about hanging on, but don’t expect that lead to last very long.

How do you make those mirrored maps?

@Golden_Ace - you have to ask Jay to enable your account to create Mirrored Maps.

Your prediction was accurate @Karmadrome as I just checked and @MalcolmReynolds is now up 87-80 in stars at tick #336 … sounds like he is starting to put the HULK SMASH on 'ya! :wink:

Indeed, the steamroller action vs. @Karmadrome has begun. I hope he enjoyed his last taste of being “in the lead”. :smiley:

I’ve conceded. Good game, but @MalcolmReynolds had the better of it for most of the game and I just couldn’t turn it around. Well played @MalcolmReynolds.
Good luck to the final 3 players!

It was a tough game, from start to finish. Cheers, @Karmadrome! Looks like the next game hasn’t been created yet, so action’s to you, @HULK.

Sounds like a bruiser of a game … congrats @MalcolmReynolds against a very tough opponent - @Karmadrome has won the 1v1 tournaments before.

I’ve updated the first post and sent a PM to @MalcolmReynolds and @nick.muzzio with two choices to choose from for their game.

@MalcolmReynolds and @nick.muzzio choose this game - that’s quite an EPIC map! :wink:

BTW, while I’ve been waiting, I played a 1v1 versus Solfyre (no forum name of the same?) and he promptly kicked my big fat hairy green a** - D’OH! :wink:

He had a good suggestion that maybe if Banking was Cheap, this would balance that tech more and provide yet another “interesting” option for players to consider - seems like a good idea. Any thoughts/comments?

I like the idea, anything that makes it hard to decide what to research is always a good idea to me. analysis paralysis ftw!

@Solfyre? I think this is him lol.

I like the idea of cheap banking, could make things interesting with more viable options at the start.

EDIT: Ok he joined 5 hours ago, that explains it

@Solfyre! My man! Lol, he’s definitely one of the coolest dudes I’ve ever played with. Nice to see someone has what it takes to knock the @HULK down every once in a while!

And I agree on making bank more valuable.

Thanks guys! And especially @panblanco , those are some very nice words. I very much appreciate playing with you too! And yes, I wasn’t on the forum officially until just now. Better late than never.

1 Like

Pretty sure I didn’t “bump” into @Solfyre until earlier this year, but yea … fearsome friend … and even more fearsome foe.

He won the most recent Last Hero game (I was on the other side) and did a serious “SMASH the HULK” in a 1v1 game. Hoping he’ll consider playing in our next tournament as he’s a worthy opponent.

Speaking of which, this 1v1 tournament (started in April - LOL!) is almost done as there is just three players left. Should we start up another one … and yea, I really like @Solfyre’s idea of making Banking cheap so I’ll propose that modification to the parameters.

I’ve congratulated @Solfyre in game already, but again … well played @Solfyre! You will definitely have to enter the next 1v1 tourney.

Re: Banking - I don’t think it’ll do any harm, but equally I’m not sure it’ll make a huge difference.

Re: next tourney. @HULK it looks like there’s quite a lot of interest at the moment, so maybe worth starting the preparations… getting the forum message up so players can sign up. Then see if you can get 16 names??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

is it possible to have a tournament with real time this time?

It most likely is but 1v1 turn based tend to go ALOT faster

So @HULK was not angry ? And did not want to fight ? :stuck_out_tongue: hmmmm . . .

1 Like

@HULK got me in the second 1v1… Congrats to him. We’ll need to do a 3rd and final game to determine the master. :stuck_out_tongue: