April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Aww, HULK is nothing but a big ol’ teddy bear. :wink:

A big green raging teddy bear who just ripped my arms off… but hey, it was fun…

Ahhhhh … but the Jolly Green Giant Teddy Bear is so gentle! :wink:

It was a very spirited game from the beginning … and then a quiet few turns in the mid-game … and then a frenzy of wild blows and (eventually) HULK SMASH with @panblanco graciously conceded after some desperate last minute moves failed (I got real lucky on one) and after several turns against the AI, the game ended at tick 210.

He played well and keep an eye on him in the Loser’s Bracket as he could easily advance for (hopefully) another round against the Jolly Green Giant in the FInals.

I have updated the first post with the results. Looking at the other games, the leaders are @Karmadrome over @seg722 (77-59 at tick 126), @nick.muzzio over @TheLastHero (59-44 at tick 78), and @MalcolmReynolds over @GalacticHuntingRifle (50-44 at tick 72). A reminder to post here when your game finishes so I can update the results.

2 Likes

@HULK is not gentle. Let’s get that cleared up right now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

That must be a feeling of euphoric ecstasy, when HULK gives you extreme chiropractic adjustments.
(Just listen to that wheeze from Loki. LOL)

https://youtu.be/gouq9_TbSe0 

Now from the losers bracket, you have a second chance to teach HULK how you learned his technique. Final opportunity is game # 14, or earlier if HULK loses a game. :upside_down_face: Be sure to prepare a more superior speech for the next encounter.

5 Likes

Love that scene! :rofl:

1 Like

“Puny God” haha

1 Like

That’s a classic HULK SMASH scene with Loki - LOL on the “extreme chiropractic adjustments” :wink:

1 Like

Honestly after sitting on my ass all day working from home the adjustment sounds kind of nice.

I’ve got Malcolm right where I want him. :neutral_face:

1 Like

:pensive: didn’t make it. @Karmadrome just held me in his iron grip and slowly walked me over.

My generals and I are going to redraw and will come up with a better battle plan so we at one point can rule the universe or at least just one galaxy.

Good game @seg722 and good luck against @panblanco.

Let’s see if I can fare any better than Loki against @HULK :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If anyone is curious, Update @ Tick 102 for my game with Malcolm:

Malcolm Reynolds: 61 Stars, 793 Ships
GHR317o (myself): 55 Stars, 848 Ships

Map

I currently have the manufacturing level advantage, but Malcolm has more econ than I do by quite a bit, and got to his back stars / hyperspace tech faster than me, so we shall see if my shortsightedness bites me in the ass :wink:

It’s been a fun battle so far.

1 Like

Oh, @GalacticHuntingRifle I thought your play style was more leaving home star and just running away… :slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses:

The above might be inspired by a game we and others in this competition are sharing… TSG… Sorry about my surprise attack in the early game.

Check out the first post where I have updated with the results from the two finished games and added links for round #2. @Karmadrome and I have already joined our game - @seg722 and @panblanco should join their game … and let the carnage continue! :wink:

1 Like

Get your tickets for the front row seats, this should be tasty!

1 Like

Joined and first turn submitted…

@seg722 I feel called out… haha :sweat_smile:

I underestimated the level of my competition… and the craziness of 24 tick jumps! Now I will hopefully live out my remaining time in that game on a paradise beach island with all you can eat shrimp and jet skis.

6 or 8 tick turns is much more my speed, I promise I typically put up more resistance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@seg722 is off to the early lead! The next few days should be interesting.