April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

Congrats @nick.muzzio in advancing to play against the Jolly Green Giant. I’m a bit busy right now in RL, so give me a few days to generate some maps and we’ll start our carnage.

Better luck next time @MalcolmReynolds … and I see you have already joined your game against @panblanco and it has already gotten fast & furious!

Sheesh, rush us to finish our game and then not even ready :stuck_out_tongue: No worries, I am super busy too, take all the time you need.

It is hard not to play too fast… there’s so much to manage and look into with the 1v1s.

I know the feeling @panblanco … since the 1v1 games can go super-duper fast.
Speaking of which, both games are doing exactly that!

@MalcolmReynolds is ahead 63-58 against @panblanco at tick #96
@Karmadrome is ahead of @GalacticHuntingRifle at tick #234

@nick.muzzio - did you get my PM yesterday with a proposed game?
The map looks really good to me. Join in if you agree and lets start the carnage! :wink:

@MalcolmReynolds is really sticking it to me.

Looks like our game is about over. I made some risky decisions and none of them panned out :confused: oh well. Maybe next time :wink:

Hey, that’s MY line! :slight_smile:

Yep, at tick 98 I have a clear advantage in this match. Kudos to @panblanco for having the guts to try some bold moves. Sometimes they do pan out, as I know from plenty of trial and error, and my last match with @nick.muzzio, where he showed me who the real fancy Dan is.

1 Like

I see the @Karmadrome has won - better luck next time @GalacticHuntingRifle

@panblanco and @MalcolmReynolds are still battling …

@nick.muzzio and I have started out game.

First Post updated to reflect all that.

It was a good game, fast moving and lots of carnage. The Karma defences held firm against some seriously major assaults…
Thanks for a great game @GalacticHuntingRifle. Look forward to seeing you in the next tourney.

1 Like

GG guys!! HULK, thanks for organizing I had a great time. Good luck to all those remaining in the tourney

1 Like

@MalcolmReynolds comes out on top! Good game! Good luck to all those remaining!

1 Like

Thanks guys for the nice comments about the tournament and delighted you had a good time.
I’ve updated the first post with the results.

@Karmadrome and @MalcolmReynolds - I generated several games and this one by far looks like a great map - password is 1v1.

Can both of you please join the game and confirm it will work for 'ya?

Good game. It came down a small set of crucial conflicts, and overall it was quite a grind. The galaxy seemed to be extra plentiful in resources, especially at the equator, making it tricky to know how/where to defend.

That map looks shiny to me. I’m in.

at tick 84, between @Karmadrome and I, it’s pretty close yet, I’ve got 79-74 currently, and there’s been a real tug-o-war for stars. Exciting stuff!

Tick 84 here also … and while I lead in stars 73-58, it’s very debatable if that means I’m “up” … as Nick leads in all the Stats … plus in order to deflect a recent attack, I build 4 Indy’s on a star that cost me dearly. I’m scouring the Galaxy for an ATM machine! :wink:

P.S. Looks like @Karmadrome is pursuing a Science Strategy - curious how that works. The idea with the “Cheap Science” is to make that more of a factor … so it’s not just Indy and Ships.

@nick.muzzio was inching ahead of me in our game, so I decided to do a HULK SMASH up the middle that concluded with an all-in move against his core. If I failed, then I would have conceded. But Nick tells me he was 22 ships short of defending (and $23 short of doing Warp Gates) … so our game swung on that very, very narrow margin as I was able to capture his core … so he conceded and I claimed victory at Tick #120.

He’ll face the winner of @Karmadrome and @MalcolmReynolds … which is at tick #168 … which has taken a turn as @Karmadrome is now leading 85-80 … although I suspect we’ll see some more swings as they duke it out! :wink:

Ha! Sounds not unlike the way @nick.muzzio defeated me in our previous match. And yes, I also predict the tag-o-war between @Karmadrome and I will be taking some more turns. Pretty sure I’m doing a good job of keeping him on his toes at least. :slight_smile:

Congrats again @HULK will anyone stop the jolly green giant???

It’s a real tussle between me and @MalcolmReynolds. The Karma Army has been fighting a fantastic rear guard action against some ferocious enemy incursions. Somehow I’ve managed to get a lead in stars, but I’m well behind in many of the stats. Could be a while before we’re done.