April/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

@Solfyre! My man! Lol, he’s definitely one of the coolest dudes I’ve ever played with. Nice to see someone has what it takes to knock the @HULK down every once in a while!

And I agree on making bank more valuable.

Thanks guys! And especially @panblanco , those are some very nice words. I very much appreciate playing with you too! And yes, I wasn’t on the forum officially until just now. Better late than never.

1 Like

Pretty sure I didn’t “bump” into @Solfyre until earlier this year, but yea … fearsome friend … and even more fearsome foe.

He won the most recent Last Hero game (I was on the other side) and did a serious “SMASH the HULK” in a 1v1 game. Hoping he’ll consider playing in our next tournament as he’s a worthy opponent.

Speaking of which, this 1v1 tournament (started in April - LOL!) is almost done as there is just three players left. Should we start up another one … and yea, I really like @Solfyre’s idea of making Banking cheap so I’ll propose that modification to the parameters.

I’ve congratulated @Solfyre in game already, but again … well played @Solfyre! You will definitely have to enter the next 1v1 tourney.

Re: Banking - I don’t think it’ll do any harm, but equally I’m not sure it’ll make a huge difference.

Re: next tourney. @HULK it looks like there’s quite a lot of interest at the moment, so maybe worth starting the preparations… getting the forum message up so players can sign up. Then see if you can get 16 names??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

is it possible to have a tournament with real time this time?

It most likely is but 1v1 turn based tend to go ALOT faster

So @HULK was not angry ? And did not want to fight ? :stuck_out_tongue: hmmmm . . .

1 Like

@HULK got me in the second 1v1… Congrats to him. We’ll need to do a 3rd and final game to determine the master. :stuck_out_tongue:

As mentioned, @Solfyre is a fearsome foe … it was real challenging to beat him in our 2nd game.
Since we are tied, we are doing a rubber match … and trying with Cheap Banking to see how that works out.

FYI that for those interested in another 1v1 tournament, please sign up here.

Listing folks who played and/or expressed an interest.
@panblanco - @seg722 - @Karmadrome - @nick.muzzio - @TheLastHero - @MalcolmReynolds - @GalacticHuntingRifle - @Solfyre - @DarkDragonwing - @bythejatz - @BOsshOgg - @Golden_Ace

Just an update that @nick.muzzio is leading 65-57 at tick#108 against @MalcolmReynolds in their semi-final game.

The Jolly Green Giant will play the winner in Finals … and hopefully bring on the HULK SMASH! :wink:

18 turns in 25 days - I’d say there’s room for some pace improvement :stuck_out_tongue: Although admittedly I can see how there’s a lot to think about on a massive border map like that.

Update: @nick.muzzio is now leading 73-51against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #138.

@HULK, let’s go :slight_smile:

Congrats @nick.muzzio and better luck next time @MalcolmReynolds.

I’ve updated the first post with the results and sent you a PM @nick.muzzio with a suggested game for us to play … so waiting for you to join and confirm that works for you.

@nick.muzzio has joined the game which has a huge/crazy map … and after careful contemplation, Dr. Bruce Banners has carefully charted out the moves to maximize HULK SMASH! :wink:

FYI FWIW in case anyone is interested that we are 120 ticks into the game. I have a slight lead in stars, but @nick.muzzio leads in several of the stats - still TBD if HULK SMASH or HULK gets SMASHED! :wink:

1 Like

Believe it or not, the “April/2020” Tournament has finally concluded after almost 7 months! :wink:

@nick.muzzio and I had a spirited game with conflict on all sides and up the middle - it was a good map.

I decided to make a HULK SMASH move up the middle about Tick #250’ish … and unfortunately at the same time, one of @nick.muzzio carrier captains did a “Collect All” rather than “Drop All” and took a bunch of ships away from the front line - perhaps they saw the Jolly Green Giant coming their way and wanted to high-tail it outa there! :wink:

So while I’ve “been there, done that” many times, it was an unfortunate way to tip the balance of power my way. It’s quite a challenge doing all the carrier moves - @nick.muzzio had over a 100 he was managing - and it happens to even the best.

2 Likes

I think you might have posted in the wrong thread, do you want to join the tournament that already started and finished, or the one about to start? :smiley:

December tournament: December/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps - #22 by Macomber