April/2021 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

I think I feel that option 2 would be best, in case any of the other options set precedents that turn out to be challenging in the future. If @panblanco doesn’t have the time to play he should probably just concede.

That way the final can get underway fairly soon - assuming @Trucriot has the stamina to beat me in the other semi!

Wouldn’t want to skip on all the fun we’re currently having, even though you do make me lose more carriers than I’d usually feel comfortable with :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the options: We could go with Option 1 and have Option 2 as fallback once the other party in the final is ready to go and panblanco is still too busy to play at that point in time. Personally, I’m not planning to play two top players simultaneously again - I’m getting too old for that haha.

@Trucriot: Looking at your game against @Solfyre, you lead in every statistic … plus have almost 4,000 ships whereas he has under 2,700. @Solfyre is really, really good … but so are you … so it will be very, very difficult for him to turn the tide.

@Solfyre: Any opinion from you or does @Trucriot speak for you?

@Dysp: Any thoughts?

@plug: @Trucriot has almost 50% more stars and Industry, almost 2X Science and Ships, and almost 3X Economy … so even if you keep destroying his carriers, if you can somehow win, that will be the greatest comeback of all time!

As I’ve told @HULK, I’m happy to concede or pass the spot to someone else.

Whatever the collective decides :slight_smile:

I feel bad about this, but feel better when I remember that this was the “April” tourney :smiley:

I’ve just been defeated by @Trucriot in the first semi-final - a solid win for a very good player. Thanks for the game, and hope the final goes well, whoever your opponent is.

Could be well into 2022 before this tournament ends I guess…

Thanks @plug! Was a very tight game for a long time.

2022 seems likely as I’ll fully focus on finishing the December 2020 finals with Solfyre first. Maybe panblanco and HULK will get around to playing their semi-final in the meantime.

1 Like

I am already losing, I don’t need you’re full attention, @Trucriot ! :rofl:

1 Like

Congrats @Trucriot on yet-again advancing to the Finals of a 1v1 tournament - OP updated.
A valiant effort @plug … as you join the growing list of players (including yours truly!) who have been defeated by @Trucriot.

I haven’t heard from @Dysp and wasn’t sure if @Solfyre wanted to jump in a substitute for @panblanco against the Jolly Green Giant for the Semi-Finals (?)

Since it sounds like @Trucriot wants to stay fully focused on the December/2020 Finals, maybe we’ll just sit tight for a bit longer to see how things settle out.

1 Like

Thanks, sounds good to me!

I feel like we are looking at different maps :joy:

Circling back - looks like @Trucriot is pulling ahead of @Solfyre in the December/2020 Finals …

@Trucriot is king of the hill… For now!

He played a great game in the December/2020 Final and managed to fend me off without the use of warp gates early on. I went heavy on them and made a few gains, but not enough to warrant the cost. It set me back too much financially and I wasn’t able to make enough gains. Lesson learned. Congrats to @Trucriot for a perfectly played game. He didn’t make any big mistakes for me to take advantage of. Too bad.

That took a lot - have to recharge my NP2 batteries for a bit after facing two of the very best 1v1 players simultaneously for nearly three months :sweat_smile:

As I know that @HULK is a bit busy nowadays too, I think it’s best to give @panblanco a few more weeks and hope that the tournament can still take its regular course, i.e. me playing the winner of the semifinal match between you two. None of us 3 are participating in any other 1v1 tournaments at this point, so no stress.

@panblanco said that RL is super-busy for him and didn’t see it letting up … so he may be taking a break from NP for a bit. I haven’t heard from @Dysp … but as I posted in the December/2020 1v1 thread after @Trucriot defeated @Solfyre in the Finals, would @Solfyre be interested in being the substitute for the semi-final match against me … especially since if you win, you get another chance against @Trucriot?

If everyone wants me to, I can… It feels a little weird to get into the semi-final just via a substitution. I would think you, @HULK , should just move forward. But, happy to help out if need be.

I’d echo what @plug said earlier about setting potentially challenging precedents - I’d draw the line when it comes to wildcard-ing players into late stages of the tournament, even if it is a clearly capable one such as @Solfyre.

However, if @Dysp wants to give it a shot that’d be fine with me. It would be treating it like @panblanco conceded their game after the fact by having not enough time to go on, thus Dysp moving on instead would be a logical substitute.

1 Like

Yeah, dysp would make sense too.

@HULK @Trucriot Feels a bit weird for me too since I already lost a game. But I’m up to it if needed.

How about we give it one more week and then do the following in priority order:

1. @panblanco (who is currently the matched opponent)

2. @Dysp (who lost to @panblanco in the previous round)

3. @Solfyre (a reasonable and worthy wild-card substitute IMHO … plus since he’s beat me before, there’s a good chance he’ll get a rematch Championship against @Trucriot which would be fun!)

4. @Trucriot (basically @HULK gets a bye in the semi-final, and we play for the Championship)

Of course the ideal way would be the number 1. But if that is not happening I really feel it should be number 4, no matter how much I’d like to see again Hulk smashing! :wink: It’s still a forfeit even if it happened at turn 0. Shouldn’t matter if it’s on tick 200, 100, 50 or 0. But I’m down to whatever our great tournament admins decide! :wink:

I think I agree with @Dysp on this.