August/2020 1v1 EPIC Tournament with Mirrored Maps

That was a fun game @Golden_Ace - lots of bold moves … and yea, several times I was just BARELY able to get enough ships there in time. 222 ticks in just over 5 days … talk about fast and furious! :wink:

Current status of the other 2nd round games:
9. @BOsshOgg leading 58-46 against @The_AI at tick #66 - game link
11. @MalcolmReynolds leading 62-61 against @Karmadrome at tick #60 - game link
12. @Solfyre leading 57-55 against @Trucriot at tick #96 - game link

While it’s great to keep the games moving, do take your time to analyze/make good moves.

Noted. My moves in both 1v1 tourneys were slow for the last week, because I was traveling, but I’m back home now and read to pick up the pace.

As the month of August comes to a close, I just noticed that @BOsshOgg has WON against @The_AI - ready to start up against the Jolly Green Giant?

Both of these games are ongoing and appears to be great battles!
11. @Karmadrome leading 68-66 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #102 - game link (fixed typo)
12. @Solfyre TIED 58-58 with @Trucriot at tick #210 - game link

Actually I’m 68-66 up in our game, but pretty close at the moment

Sure! I might not be able to be that active anymore due to school starting this week. But I’ll try my best.

Dude, how old are you?

Lmao, started this game when I was 11. That was back in 2012.

Ah, Gen Z. Trying to remember if I was ever that young… :confused:

Ok, so what position did you play? Striker? Sweeper? And did you ride a school bus?

If you are trying to see if I was the little kid that played with you, then I probably am not. I have kept my age secret until now. Thus, I wouldn’t have told anyone that I rode a school bus :joy: so probably not the person you are thinking about.

Holy Moley we got some TIGHT games going on:
11. @Karmadrome TIED 69-69 with @MalcolmReynolds at tick #120 - game link
12. @Solfyre TIED 58-58 with @Trucriot at tick #240 - game link

@BOsshOgg are also TIED in our game … 9-9 … we just got started … :wink:

I’m sorry @HULK but it looks like I might have to bow out of this one. I am currently in Portland where we have our statewide blackout (Don’t have any internet and power.) to reserve my cell phone data I need to abandon all nonessential uses for the time being (which includes NP). I hope we can have a full game some other time. You’ve been a great opponent and I look forward to a rematch in the future!

Wooooo … that’s bad stuff.

Note that you have 48 hours to submit … so (independent of NP), lets hope you get your power/internet back sooner than that. Should we check back tomorrow and see how things are going for 'ya?

Sure. I’ll keep checking

FYI that I just won against @BOsshOgg at tick#168 - he conceded earlier. I got some help from some helpful Exp hits on Range early on … plus he had his power/Internet knocked out by the fires(!) … so hopefully he’s doing OK.

@Karmadrome now leads 78-65 in his game against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #156 - game link

@Solfyre and @Trucriot are STILL tied - now at tick #282 - game link
Looks like you guys are stalemated and neither is willing to make a move - any reports from the battlefield?

Turns out this map sucks! Only in that the gap across the way is just a bit too big so that the defender always has too much time to recover. If I completely bail on on of my stars to do an attack, I MIGHT win with a tiny margin, not enough to do anything with other than get crushed next turn. And then I left a big opening in my defense.So, who knows? I suppose we keep waiting for an opening/mistake. There have been none big enough to make a difference.

I forget what the record is, but I believe we have had some games go over 400 ticks.

If you guys feel you are REALLY stuck and mutually agree, we could generate another map for 'ya.

@Karmadrome now leads 81-65 against @MalcolmReynolds at tick #192 - game link

@Solfyre and @Trucriot are STILL tied at tick #306 - game link

My match vs. @GalacticHuntingRifle in the April tourney went over 500 ticks. Similarly the map had an unusually wide gap between north and south, turning it into a shell game of warp gate action that took a long time to turn into any clear advantage.

There’s some movement again :smile:

Tick-wise progress was a bit slow the last two weeks as I was traveling. Should go faster again from my side now. Very intense gameplay with juggling the infrastructure race and trying to create opportunities while hoping to prevent @Solfyre’s.