Boss Immortal powers

Maybe one would spawn every time a fortress/big town got blighted?
And you could make mini-variants of many bosses I think:

• Necromancer: Stays in a town and accellerates bodies rising.
  • Dread Knight: pulls random individual stacks towards it.
  • Ironhide: basically the old Ironhide: 1-2K unit with fleshmetal thingie.
  • Lord of Destruction: negates fortification bonus in a 1 league radius.
  • Lord of terror: nearest mortal stack in 2 league radius gets pushed every 12 hours.
  • Mist lord: any mortal mages in a 1 league radius cannot target any immortal units at his location (can still target others).
  • Jester king: Like normal Jester, but lower growth and starting power.

Don’t remember the other bosses, and @thethanx already covered the resource bosses.

I really like the idea of a boss that gets stronger with player trades. There could be another that completely blocks player trades all together.

So about the “Dread” knight.

I am not sure if this has been discussed in previous topics (or even on this thread).
But In playing games with the dread knight, I am anything but dreading it appearing. It is almost a blessing every time he shows up because he can be crowd controlled into oblivion (which in turn crowd controls every other undead unit within 3 leagues.

Has the discussion been put forth to make the dread knight alone immune to compulsion? I think given the name itself, I really want to fear him and the horde he brings to the table, instead of waiting for it with eager arms every time it shows up.

Thoughts anyone? Apologies if this was discussed earlier. I am new to the threads, and have not been responsible enough to read through all of the topic yet.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had the same issue in that regard. Since you usually have enough compulsion units (humans being the CC-champs) they really become a convienient way of sweeping up all the undead in the area and locking them in the cupboard for the time being. Not exactly the dreaded march of a million mooks. If he was made immune to compulsion (or just resistant, like stuns only slow, or all only work for ~3 hours), he would easily become the threat he was meant to be.

It makes sense too: the Dread Knight is supposed to be a leader, someone who rounds up the hordes in a coherent army. But when some dude with a few dogs or a knight with a silly helmet spouting insults about their moms show up off they run! Surely someone with half a strategical mind would simply ignore these pests for the real target: that pile of juicy brains (aka “settlement”) right in front of them.

Hey @shde2e - that is very close to what we have for the Dread Knight so far! We are still tweaking him, so I didn’t post to the other thread yet, but here is what he is looking like so far.

1 Like

The description doesn’t say it but he also “throws off” move conclusions on himself.

Having this guy simply recast his spell every 3 hours was a lot easier than writing a whole new system to make him and his followers completely immune to crowd control spells.

1 Like

Perfect!! Terrifying, but perfect!

Everything I’ve dreaded and more. Looks great!

My nightmares salute you! That is a boss which will thoroughly earn its name!

Yeah, basically what I had in mind as well. But it’s conceptually simpler to just talk about “immunity” and such :slight_smile: