#BRINGBACK64! (64 Game Resurrection Petition)

Do you want 64 Player Games to return?

If your answer is “Yes, please!” then look no further and add your name and comment to this thread.
Do not give up, my fellow Overlords. We are rulers and rivals for entire pieces of the Cosmos itself!
Do not falter in such a paltry task as this! Spread the word into all NP-related mediums!
Do not relent. Bring back 64!

If Jay has not responded within due time and enough names are present, then I or some other
cutthroat will send him a PM with a list of names and some of their more polished (or threatening
(cough) comments! And I encourage anyone else who has tentacles groping deeper into IHG to
deliver this message and possibly drag out our missing Dev to face the growing mob and maybe
their hordes. You are encouraged to bring your fleets. ALL of them.

I would love to get at least 100 names on this list. (who thinks we can get at least 150? Too high?
I would imagine we once could have reached 200 in more active years)

Best regards, Smulm

EDIT by @xjhdexter . Here is a reminder of what Three neighbors map 64D looked like.

Jay used a setting of 9.92 LY between HW. The games took about a month to complete.

Signatories:

1. Smulm
  2. kexsel
  3. Exallos
  4. BOsshOg
  5. Coenna
  6. HOUSEBOAT_THANGS
  7. GOON
  8. xjhdexter
  9. rubberband
  10. Chumbles
  11. nick.muzzio
  12. DexJackson
  13. Fafa_power
  14. MurasakiNoKaze
  15. zglomb
  16. Zoquete
  17. TheLastHero
  18. Bruce
  19. Taurus
  20. Existorguy
  21. Ju2Tron
  22. Tr0n
  23. panblanco
  24. PyroDré
  25. Rockpaup
  26. ppauptit
  27. MalcolmReynolds
  28. bythejatz
  29. Golden_Ace
  30. axelben
  31. Hallos
  32. Rojo
  33. Kaine
  34. Dr_Gaming
  35. Nassau
  36. Slicertos1
  37. Gissni

on-going EDITs : If I forgot to add your vote, then please post below to remind me or @xjhdexter .

8 Likes

Yes please. Where do i sign? :smile:

That’s 1 vote.

Ahem. YES PLEASE!

That’s 2.

I would love to see 64 back.
Yes please.

Yes, please. Thats 4. I got you Smulm, we better win this game though.

1 Like

YES!! I want the 64 back! That’s 5, 95 to go.

HOUSEBOAT say “Yes pls”!

64 must return !!!

Let me ship Void Bastards first, then I will have a few weeks to work on NP and will see if I can work it out then

3 Likes

Don’t listen to him! He created a space strategy game based on deception! He lies! Lies! I still recall word about implementing the old Triton avatars. Still waiting on them, too.

Do not relent, fellow Overlords!

Void Bastards? What is that?

1 Like

Void Bastards is your new favourite game! Wish-list on Steam Now!

1 Like

Interesting. But I still prefer to lead countless legions through galaxies. 64 player galaxies, to be precise. :relieved:

1 Like

Hey, If we did bring back the 64 player games, how would you feel if they were Proteus instead of NP?

I might also need to move the AI off the server and into the browser.

I have been thinking about getting some students at the local university help me out with some NP work. They will even get course credit for it!

2 Likes

Is it possible for gamers to hack the AI ? Is it preventable ? Maybe using asm.js or something ?

1 Like

I would like to have seen Three neighbors map 64E in NP2 Triton normal space.

How would you add random NP3 Proteus wormholes on a fair map like that ? Would the map become unfair ?

1 Like

Jay, please do not post ideas for NP Proteus on this thread, please. The topic is for NP2 64s. I do not play Proteus at all and never intend to. Frankly, it is nothing more than a variant of NP, and not at all as good or balanced as NP2.

1 Like

I don’t mind if it’s proteus or not, I just want 64p games!

2 Likes

What’s less balanced about Proteus? Whats not as good?

1 Like

Don’t listen to him.
He just said he never plays it and never intends to.
Proteus is definitely better balanced and way more fun.
64 player games were great, a proteus 64 player game would be better.

1 Like

I don’t play it because I hate it. It’s trolls like you that make me hate posting on social media.

1 Like